2008 Mn subaru Ice race (Jan 11th-13th)

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RichWRX, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Who are you people to tell me how I am supposed to have fun?

I don't go around telling you people how to do it, so where do you come off telling anyone else?

I didn't make it because I had other stuff going on, but with crap attitudes like this, I don't really regret it either.

It's a really basic proposition to let other people chill out without having any crap forced on them.

That is all.

2. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

well, here's how you don't have fun, don't go to the icerace.

3. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Did you want to refraise that?

It doesn't make much sense.

At least to me.

4. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

I thought it was PHRASED pretty well.

5. bummpy

bummpy New Member

ok

So I did have fun doing other stuff by not going to the ice races, or I didn't have fun at the ice races by not being there?

6. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

my point was, you didn't want anyone telling you how to have fun,
    plus, you weren't there, so you don't know what you're talking about,
    really, there were no problems most of the weekend,
    but now everyone has something bad to say, it doesn't make sense.
    it's over, deal with it.

IT WAS A GREAT TIME.

7. bummpy

bummpy New Member

It sounds like it was fun.

I'm not even speaking about what went down (even though the bottle rocket thing is clearly a very not cool thing), I'm talking about peoples attitudes.

Telling people to wipe the sand out for not drinking and acting a fool like most people were, makes just as much sense as telling everyone to be quiet and sip tea all day if that's what most people were doing.

I think it's foolish and imature to try to force lifestyles on to other people. Different cabins were set up so that no one had to impose, but certain people felt the need to do it anyway. I don't need to be there to make that observation, and I think its a piss poor attitude to have. That's all I'm saying.

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Thanks to Deer Lodge Resort for hosting this yet again. Rich and Karen are great hosts! The fish and sausages on Saturday were delicious as always.

I think we all made the most of the conditions on the lake. They weren't the most ideal conditions, but I'm just glad we still had a track of any size to play on!

Thanks again Rich and Karen, I for one had a great time and look forward to March and/or next year!

9. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

this whole thing is f'n retarded. the whole weekend went about as smoothly as possible except one freaking bottle rocket and now its a full on drama case. jesus christ i'm glad i'm too busy to be a post whore these days....

10. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

the highlight of my weekend, (this may sound weird)

after getting the geo stuck, around 3am, (thanks DAN!)
    I was sitting next to the fire in the cabin,
    everyone was asleep, I had one last beer,
    and watched astroboy!

11. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Oh and I ripped my RH rear swaybar bracket OUT OF MY FRAME! lol

12. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

I do now wish i went for the shenanigans!... Would have been better then my weekend

13. tangledupinblu

:banana:And this is coming from the guy that had a sausage party in his pants that he was unaware of!:banana:

I can't believe that I kept my blankets on when Josh and I were having the tug of war session. Wake up to three or four people crashing in and the big gorilla turning on the lights and attempting to yank the blankets off of my bed so Disco's girl could sneak a peak(lol-j/k), and somehow managed to outmuscle the big guy and maintain some dignity.:laugh:

14. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

god, all of you need to just shut up.
    it's done, it's over, just get over it. Seriously. Isn't there something ELSE to worry about?
    There were bottle rockets set off in our cabin, while I was trying to sleep - do you see me complaining?
    I was pissed off about it, and about the mess that a bunch of lazy-asses left for us to clean up - but do you see me complaining?

Also, lighten up, it's just a party. People went into this KNOWING it was going to be a party. We are all adults, and a great majority of adults in Minnesota LIKE TO DRINK. It's one night out of your entire year that you aren't allowed to sleep well. Just deal with it.

15. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

We still have some people that we didn't catch before they left on Sunday morning that owe for their stay. You know who you are...you can paypal the remainder to or send a check. Let me know if when you get the money sent and if you have any other questions and then I will have Karen mark you off the list. Hopefully I won't have to individually send you pm's to bug you for the $$.
    Thanks!

16. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

lol I agree, way to tell em'.
    Non of the females have complained whatsoever even though we cleaned after you slobs and yet some of you guys are still butt hurt. psh.

17. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I'd just like to apologize to everyone who had to clean. I woke up at 9:30, puked for a bit, went to sleep, woke up at 10 something, puked a bit, went to sleep, then woke up around noon, puked a bit then laid in the shower moaning wishing to die. But I eventually got up and I think I'm still not normal today. But thanks to everyone for a great time and sorry I didn't help with the cleaning :(

18. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

yeah, and some guys didn't pay for the magnets.......

19. tangledupinblu

I forgot to thank phi11 for all his hard work getting the t-shirts and magnets made!! They really looked great phi11 and I definitely appreciate the time you put into supporting the forum! Thanks again!:)

20. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

I couldn't have done it without Jason and Steph!

21. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Give them a week to make good AND THEN POST THEIR NAMES if things have not been resolved yet. :eek:

22. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

See my above comment. :biggrin:

23. tangledupinblu

^^^I did not know this! Thanks to them too!

And anyone else that lended a hand with timing/towing/prepping and prepairing for this event! It was awefully successful for the lack of compliance from the lake. I have been told that some of the Audi/BMW events were cancelled, so I am just thankful for what we had!

24. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Screw off bummpy, I knew you'd be in here sobbing like a little girl. It was just too easy....an event with lots of partying and noise, and people complaining about it, and which you didn't even attend...you were bound to be in here shooting your mouth off. Get lost, go cry in some other thread. Seriously, you weren't even there, so get ****ed. I'm glad you weren't there, it was alot more fun without you there sitting atop your high horse pretending that people were forcing their alcoholic party attitudes on you. And I never said you had to drink to have a good time...if you read my post instead of just quoting me for the bandwagon whine factor, you would have noticed that. I didn't tell anyone to drink and be loud, I said 'be prepared for it.' It happens. I got wasted, but I didn't tread on anyone's good time. Some people have a problem with respecting others while they party, others don't...what are you going to weed them out before hand? 30+ people, lots of them wasted, someone is going to cross the line. It happens. If you think it wont happen, then you live in fantasy land.

But regardless, you didn't go. So shut the hell up about it. If you had been there, then you could have an opinion about the attitudes and noise level. But you weren't...so get lost. Everyone had a great time, some of the people there had some sour moments. But you weren't there, so you don't fall in any category that is allowed to bitch about it.

25. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

alright everyone finished up there on their high horses? this thread has gone past ridiculous, and should probably be locked. yes, yes I know i'm an evil NAZI!!!!!!

"bandwagon whine factor" vs "bandwagon self absorbed factor" makes everyone look like a jerk. congrats guys.

but seriously this is pointless.

26. RichWRX

I will get you some monies Saturday night, I keept telling karen not to forget to pay Phil and I still forgot.

27. readymix

There is not "VS" there, the bandwagon whine crew is also the self absorbed crew. If you look back, a majority of the whining in this thread has been from:

Chux - attended ice races
    Dynapar - Did not attend
    wrxboy2003 - Did not attend
    bummpy - Did not attend

The last three names on that list are people that DID NOT ATTEND. Self absorbed? How much more self absorbed can you be than whining and bitching about how good an event was when you didn't even go to it? That is pure over-inflated self importance...when you believe your opinion on the course of events matters in a situation you weren't even part of...especially when it doesn't even affect you in any way. If this race was a disaster or a complete success, what do the non-attendees care? They weren't there.

Also, I won 5 bucks, because I bet money on the fact that as soon as someone called out Bummpy for being a whining, self important, douchebag, you'd fly in to call for a thread close and give the people ragging bummpy some grief. Admin "nazi" doesn't apply here, this is admin politics. We call out your boy for his idiotic post, and you throw the thread lock card. But while bummpy is being a blowhard jackass, nobody from the admin team says a word. I'd think his posts fall under irrelevant off topic posting in a thread. But the second we call him on it, the hammer comes down.

Yeah, you're right, this thread did go southbound....it went southbound the minute people that weren't even at the event started whining about how the event went down. I opened that other thread so that the people that were crapping up this thread could have a place to crap their useless and irrelevant opinions out and keep it out of this thread. It's good to discuss the good and bad of an event, and that was being accomplished, but then people that had no clue what they were talking about started runnning their mouths and this thread went to utter crap.

Back on topic.

28. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

:munching:

29. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I have to attend this next year, it looks like a blast! IMO a bunch of people I met through the ownership of my Subaru getting together for a planned event only to have fun and get to know you another is my kind of weekend.

30. readymix

Agreed, this is one of my favorite events of the year. This and the Duluth cruise are a great place to meet and socialize with members of the club. Plus, the ice race is an opportunity to drive your car on the ice and snow without worrying about the police ticketing you for ****ing around in a parking lot.

31. bummpy

bummpy New Member

You're funny.

In one breath you call me self a self important blow hard, yet at the same time, you have a like paragraph for every sentence I've written in here.

You're living in some sort of paranoid fantacy land if you think there's some kind of conspiracy going on in the background just because the moment you spew some ignorant nonsence, more than one person calls it as they see it.

32. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

Self absorbed to me is agreeing before hand to just be civil to people who don't want to be shot at with fireworks etc and then doing it anyways, then gang banging anyone who mentions that maybe that pretty lame. What makes this moreso? heavily belaboring the point. Hey you weren't doing any of this so why take it so personally?

Great! buy yourself something real nice. And I won my little bet too that whenever he says anything you just take your surrogate internet rage out on him because you believe because he is a friend of mine, we are of the same voice. I guess you didn't catch the part of my one post where I said EVERYONE was acting stupid and just took that as me singling you out. Amazingly, we are two different people with two different opinions. I closed it to stop teh perpetuation of what was obviously someone spoiling for a flamewar. I'm a moderator, thats what we do.

and if you could read the admin forum you'd see i've been calling to pull the plug for some time before that. I didn't lock the thread now did I? I just gave MY opinion. Every time something happens on this forum I see longer posts whining about people whining than whining itself.

Whats the result? people whine all over the damn place, I hear all of it. Just because everyone didn't complain in this thread doesn't mean they didn't complain, it means they don't want to have to go through what I go through, which is sort out a big internet posturing mess in order to defend people who feel like they aren't up to taking on big personally attacking aggressive posts.

Thats my job.

In other words it went down when you read something you didn't approve of?

everyone has a right to disagree. For the record I don't have any opinion on this matter because I wasn't there, don't care what happened and don't have a stake in the argument.

and I closed it because it was a retarded waste of time and i doubt anyone disagrees with that, unless of course you prefer to endlessly belabor every small issue, which i find to be tiresome and a waste. I find it hard to believe loaded phrases like "whining" and "running your mouth" wouldn't jsut get thrown around there and immediately destroy any discourse that could come of it.

I didn't delete it. I decided to leave it so that everyone can read it and decide on what they think for themselves. I believe they'll probably agree with me.

33. readymix

Sorry, didn't spew any ignorant nonsense. If you come to an event knowing there will be drunk idiots, don't be surprised when there are drunk idiots. And, when you complain about how an event went down without actually going to the event, don't be surprised when people calls your post as they see it. Conspiracy? What the hell are you talking about. I didn't say this was some kind of concerted effort to slam me, this isn't even about me, it is about the people complaining in this thread not actually going to the event in the first place, and about people that live in the fantasy land of "drunk people will be very courteous to me at all times because that is what they usually do." Yeah, I wasn't part of the mess, but I knew it would happen at some point. That was the point of what I said, if you go to a party event thinking people wont get out of hand, you are in la la land.

34. readymix

I didn't take it personally because I wasn't a part of it. In fact, my first post in here was me bitching at the inconsiderate *******s that were doing it. I didn't shoot fireworks in the house last year, and I didn't this year. Yeah, I made some mistakes, like running over the cones, and I admitted to that mistake. It is the bitching about the noise and the drunk shenanigans that pisses me off. You know they are going to be drunk, you know that they are going to be looking to cause trouble. Yes, what they did was somewhat inconsiderate, but saying this event was a tragedy and the downfall of MNSubaru, "blah blah blah that is why I don't hang out here" and such is absolute crap. Go cry somewhere else. And everytime I hear "I was here in the beginning but now....." it is instant face-palm action.

No, I went after bummpy, as I usually do, because he gets on his high horse and acts like his crap doesn't stink whenever there is any hint of an arguement. He sticks his face in, shoots his mouth off, then leaves. If he had been at the ice races, and was bitching about fireworks in the cabin, I'd have been shaking hands and agreeing with him, but he wasn't there, and he's talking about how he's glad he didn't go because of the attitudes yadda yadda yadda...great, keep it to yourself. Yeah, you have a right to speak, but we'd prefer you didn't...and just as he has a right to open his mouth and make ******* irrelevant statements about events he didn't attend, we have the right to tell him to go pound sand.

I can't read the admin forum. And I don't really care to. If the opinions expressed in the admin forum were that important they'd be posted in public where I could see them. Otherwise, it is sneaky, hidden blather that I couldn't care about. Excellent point about the whining posts being large though, but I'd imagine if Chux didn't burst into tears after every ice race and Duluth Trip, everyone wouldn't be so tired of it to feel the need to make long posts about it.

Has nothing to do with my approval. It would be like me going into one of the Auto-X threads and bitching about how the spectators were acting and saying how it ruined my outlook on MNSubarum, even though I wasn't there. Sure as ****, someone would tell me to STFU and GTFO for bitching about an event I didn't even attend.
    And nobody attacked you for doing so, we thank you for not complaining, it means you are intelligent.

Great, you're right, it was retarded. And I meant it to be. Because I wanted it to match the level of stupid that was present in this thread with people that wanted to bitch about events they didn't attend.

35. RichWRX

yes you sukk :)

but atleast you helped my car stay idleing :)

36. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

True true and you can drive it on the hwy now without it being like 15.xx:1 :biggrin:

On a side note, I just went out to mess with my car and my battery was toast. Like completely dead, not even a dim light or a beep or anything. Guess that will have to wait for later :(

37. RichWRX

I had a dead battery in the rs also, I must of drank too much hot chocolate Saturday night and left all the lights on when I got home.

38. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

is that what we are calling it now :laugh:

39. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Everyone knew there were going to be drunk idiots and I'm not, nor am I seeing anyone else, whining about that. It's the drunk idiots who go into the pre-established quiet cabins to raise hell just because they think people are being kindergarteners for going to bed at 9:30 that I'm saying isn't that cool. I'm saying that is a disrespectful and careless thing to do, not that it ruined the event. If you're arguing that it's not disrespectful, I think that's nonsense.

But I'll agree with you, I wasn't there and there's no use in getting bent out of shape over loudness, especially if no body got hurt. I probably would have either slept through the whole thing (because I sleep hard, especially after drinking), or wouldn't have even been asleep by then because I'm usually up until 2-3 every weekend drinking or hanging out anyway. I don't know why you're so up in arms about anything I've had to say.

I said I didn't regret missing the races, not that I was glad I didn't go. Semantics, I know, but still.

Who's we? YOU would prefer I didn't.

Once again, my statements weren't about the event, it was about the attitude:

I'm a drunken idiot, so everyone else has to be too. Otherwise, they're the one's who are wrong for showing up

That's a backwards and ignorant stance to take about a group gathering in general, let alone a group gathering that already had a system in place for keeping everyone happy (i.e. quiet/party cabins).

But like I said above, I wasn't there. I'm sure it wasn't that bad (although my girlfriend said she would have ripped heads off over the bottle rocket thing - she was supposed to come too). But I don't need to be there to witness your (or anyone elses') attitude here.

40. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

i don't think they had "quiet cabins". they just had a party cabin and the rest were just people together. i was with chux in cabin one. i party, he doesent. justen was drunker then a skunk and he was in three i think? so there were no "quiet cabins".

41. carl

carl Well-Known Member

cabin 5 was a quiet cabin. i mean, we had 2 mods there :laugh:
    i went to bed by midnight both nights and was never disturbed - nothing really happened there. I would quantify 5 as quiet. ironically i'm getting drunk right now

42. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

best sentence here in the last 3 days...

group hug

43. bummpy

bummpy New Member

hey hey! me too!

I would have been in a "quiet" cabin because I didn't want to have jag shots shoved in my face until 5am, but I would have been just chillin and hanging out drinking until late.

44. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

because whether you realise it or not this represents the WHOLE club not just the ones who get drunk...

I went last year... same crap happened then as is now... I agree with everyone.. I mainly was voicing a comment and wasnt trying to attack anyone in particular.. You wanna party go for it.. you dont.. fine.. both groups SHOULD be able to mingle a little better and not tread on each others toes... but it happens and will continue to happen as the club grows...

Jason I have never had an issue with you... but I hope that over the next week you dont get all boned up and hissy on out of here AGAIN just to be back within a week... I personally think when you go after someone no-one can do it better, but your best strengths are when you post beyond normal shenanigan posts.. (goes for me too.. every once in a while)...

Imay have said some things that came across wrong but more in reaction to some comments.. but alas I wasnt at the event so I cant post on a public viewable open to all to post in forum.. I guess... now who are the ones being the Nazis.. and telling people to shut up etc...

a kettle is a kettle, a pot is a pot...

I guess I know what happens up there.. there is a lot of fun times.. mixed with some issues... but that is a drop in the ocean in comparison...

to be honest the saddest and most frustrating thing about this is people still havent paid for crap... f'in wankers

45. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

I know everyone wants to be right/win, but most of what everyone has been saying is based on their own personal beliefs and opinions; those beliefs and opinions won't likely change over t3h w3bZ. I don't really know what im getting at but I think this puts the words into my mouth well.