2008 OBXT 5MT Limited

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Saabaru, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

I hate hate hate to do it... but my truck put us back $4k in repairs this fall, and i finally said screw it and bought a brand new Silverado. We’re downsizing from three vehicles to two, so my wife will DD the truck, I’ll put miles on her ‘12 civic, and the subie has to go ☹️

The car looks pretty good - has a couple door dings - runs and drives like new. Had a hesitation issue this fall under heavy boost but it turned out to just need a fresh set of spark plugs. I’m looking for $10k here, let me know if you’re interested. Below is the body of my CL post and the link to take you to pics.

I'm selling my 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited with the 5spd manual transmission. The car runs and drives like new, and is clean. It has heated seats, all weather floor mats, a panoramic sunroof, etc. New snow/all weather tires just installed, along with new brakes and recent service. This is a southern car I brought here from VA/NC this summer and has not seen a winter in the northland. 89,xxx miles, and completely stock - there have never been any performance modifications to this car. I have only ever ran premium gas and I am the second owner. Only selling because I bought a new truck. Clean and free title in hand. Call or text me at 715-292-3210 to setup a time to see it or with questions.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/2008-subaru-outback-xt-5spd/6417499417.html

2. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Hmm.

subie-roo and tangledupinblu like this.
  3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

LOL

derp and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. Saabaru

?

Have a lady coming up from the cities to see it and take it up a shop tomorrow...

5. pillboy

Derp has a manual trans, turbo, 4th-gen wagon addiction...you probably weren't aware.

6. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Looks nice! I passed the link on to a friend.

7. Saabaru

Thanks!! Showing it at noon today, I’ll keep the post updated

8. Saabaru

The couple offered me $9,000 and didn’t seem like they wanted to go higher. I said I’d let them know by the weekend... If anyone is interested and can beat that let me know!

9. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

$9000 for that car is a crazy good price...I paid 8k for a 2005 OBXT 92K miles last spring.

10. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Yeah, jesus. If I didn't have the civic I'd be on the phone with my bank right now. Unfortunately I'd need to sell that before I bought a private party car.

Don't take 9. You'd be nuts.

JasonoJordan likes this.
  11. JasonoJordan

With derp on that one. 10k is bottom dollar for that car in its condition and miles.

12. ScottyK

ScottyK Active Member

I’ve driven it.. I was your first test driver? Ended up buying a 2013 OB SAP. Nice XT! Glws!

Saabaru likes this.
  13. Saabaru

Thanks guys. At least I’m not crazy thinking it’s a $10k car. I paid considerably more for it a year ago down south. The book values have plummeted though - not sure why. I know I should stick it out and wait for the right buyer, but I put an extra $10k down on the new truck anticipating getting that for the Subaru.... so our bank accounts are in the danger zone until she’s sold.

14. pillboy

The word's out...even the general public is now aware that Subarus are a delicate as a flower and blow up if you look at them wrong. Enthusiasts have know this for years, but we were good at keeping it secret.

15. JasonoJordan

At the end of the day its your call and your finances. This time of year I find it hard to believe you would have an issue moving it at 10k .

16. Everett

Everett Member

Don’t go any lower than 10k for sure. This car in a 5 speed is rare, especially with no MN winters. I bought mine last year. Identical, year, color, everything, for 12k shipped from California. I would LOVEto have a second one but the wife doesn’t want a manual transmission.

17. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I'd list it on Craigslist for 13.

18. Saabaru

I had it on CL for $11k for about a month with just a couple people interested. Anyone who was lowballed the **** out of me. I got another $500 for it out of the buyers, she’s sold. Sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.