2008 STi *Wagon* 5dr.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Sogonerg, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I doubt any of the pictures are very accurate, and I doubt it's subaru's fault. just because it's going to share the same chassis as the legacy doesn't mean it's going to change much. they're practically identical already, except for the change over to shocks in the rear instead of struts. but I'm not sure what all is involved there....

I, too, am holding my breath before I pass judgement. I pissed and moaned about the '06-'07 front end design until I saw one in person.....and I ended up eating my words there...so this time, I'm keeping my mouth shut on final opinions.

2. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

That's all you can hope for...

3. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

I just want a car that is drop-dead gorgeous.

There is little difference in the cost to build swoopy bodywork versus something like the Pontiac Assstek. There is simply NO excuse for ugly cars. Except for Ray Charles managing the design studio. Or Chris Bangle. ;)

4. jjbehren

jjbehren Well-Known Member

5. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

They all look different...until it officially comes out from Subaru, I'll hold judgement, even though I work for a Dealership, my guess is just as good as yours...

6. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Haha, if you REALLY wanted to be purist, the 05' 2.0L is the last of the true imprezas.

I'd recon the 2.5L ain't such a bad tangent for subaru to go on for their wrc car.

That, combined with cobb AP's, probably marks the first time in existance that the jdm market lusts over the usdm market.

7. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

The most reliable source for the next-gen Impreza.

Scott Putnam, who told me he has connections with Funi Heavy Industries, and YES, this feedback form goes right where it needs to go. BE SPECIFIC with the critiques.

http://www.subaru.net/owners/forms/feedback.php

8. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

I love the overall concept, I do however think that the "V" in the front grill is not needed, its front end lends itself to looking like a forester, while a nice car-should not be the image. Slimmer headlights from side to side. Incorporate a sunroof/scoop into the roof and add a sort of diffuser to the rear window where the roof meets it. The grill overpowers the hood scoop, possibly flip the grill 180 so that from top to bottom it becomes larger to meet with the lower opening on the front bumper. The hemisphere rear view mirror needs to be re-shaped. It reminds of cheaper "hip" cars trying something new. Have a defined STI fog light cover, for switching to a hatchback you need a brute look, keep it bold and beefy, thats why we like subarus! The side skirts/strakes need color or need to be pronounced, they look to slide under the car: this is not a bold image! The front needs a very thin lip under the bumper. And to complete the look of the "NEW" subaru, a large yet styled rear diffuser much like the 06' STI's have, only wider. Make torque distribution capable of 50/50 to completely 100rear/0front. A rear wheel/AWD vehicle(trucks) would be very appealing in the next generation of affordable supercars. Overall its a beautifull car and against all speculation I love it!------------Just my .02:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.