2009 WRX? Oh YEAH!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Nuke, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I don't like MNSC. I like it less everytime I get foolishly redirected to that place.

2. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Subaru has redeemed themselves. Well atleast to everyone but the 08 owners.

Now they better start to make the STI a winner again also.

3. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

If I could pick one of the 4, I'd definetly pick the WRX. A great car, especially in wagon trim...

however, you have to be impressed that the Cobalt put the smack down on a track against the EVO MR, STI, heck the supercharged elise got beat by a full 3 seconds! That's a hell of a performance car! Looks like grandma's grocery getter, but goes like hell.

4. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

It's a sad state of affairs when an $33k STI gets whooped by a $21k Chevy with a solid rear axel :/

Wonder what kind of times a 09 WRX would have put up. The STI is becoming more vanilla each year, atleast compaired to what you get with the WRX. Just isn't much there to justify the extra cost and insurance. Plus, you have 1/335i's in that price range and a few other fun driving cars.

5. Michael48

Michael48 Member

^
    Interesting, The STI does seam it needs to change, from a performance stance the 07' is a faster better handling car then the current 08" from what I've read. Less interior and radio more power and hard As$ suspension to throw some lateral g's would be great a kind of spec C sti for the states :biggrin:

6. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Well, it's main competition the Evo X lapped 6 seconds faster than the STI, 6 seconds and a car that isn't even in it's price point beat it by the same margin, the Cobalt SS.

CandD's Lightning Lap times:

http://www.caranddriver.com/content/download/122224/1656509/version/1/file/The+Lightning+Lap%2C+2008+Results.pdf

Then you read this crap. I mean yeah, it's a magazine and I take what they say with a grain of salt. But it's true that they softened it up. FOR FAMILIES. WTF? When has the STI ever been geared towards families and when the hell have families been looking for a 300hp awd car?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...s/the_lightning_lap_2008_feature+page-17.html

I mean WTF?

7. Michael48

Michael48 Member

That's what I've heard too. ^

Sucks but hey thats why I but my 07' to bad its a wrx but $8-10k latter I'll have a faster car with full tranny swap, and gages to beat the 07' sti's and easily the 08's.

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

not quite. unless you are talking about skreet racer king status :laugh:

9. Michael48

Michael48 Member

Turbo,intercooler,tbe,misc need parts and tune $3-4K

Sti transmission and drivetrain $5k-6k

Suspension, Wheels,Tires, $3K

Sti Gauge Cluster, 5 point harness/seats, misc........ $$$$$$

$11 to 13K+ easliy, Right???

10. that-dude

that-dude Well-Known Member

as fugly as the cobalt is, i gotta give GM probs for it. the 09 wrx looks "decent", but i would love to see a true wrx coupe, not a 3 door hatch, but a true 2 door. hopefully subaru will consider it. the MS3 is alight, and the Lancer looks better then the previous gen. but i never liked DSM anyway....... thats my 2 cent

11. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

well tonight some lucky person is picking up a silver 2009 WRX hb from us. Love the seats!

12. stiv5

stiv5 Well-Known Member

It seem like no one likes the sedans. Also where is the high STi trademark spoiler in the sedans? Subaru needs to considered being it back with the next face lift.

13. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

??????? :ugh:

14. Roon

Roon Well-Known Member

Seconded.

15. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I'm torn now that the 09's have come out with the improvements they have now. I was looking at either an 07-08 Spec B or an 06ish STI in about six months, but the new WRX has me thinking because it'd be right in the same price range. Might have to take one for a test drive before I make my final choice.

16. mosc

mosc New Member

EJ255 =/= EJ257...

Brakes
    HID headlights
    water sprayer
    a bunch of other little things that add up quick

17. subynate

subynate Well-Known Member

ebay hids!!!! ^^^^ lolz

18. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

WRX is ftw IMHO, cheaper insurance, cheaper, and just as easy to mod and build up.

19. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

C'mon guys, we (and every other Subaru forum in the world) have already had this WRX vs STI discussion. It just ends up in people getting butthurt.

As long as everyone's happy with what they have, that's what matters.

Back on topic. The '09 definately seems to have a little more "flare" then the '08's. I'm not going to trade my '06 for one, but Subaru certainly bucked up and made some changes in the right direction, which is great.

20. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

THANK YOU!

And seconded. The 09 looks like it's gonna be a really really fun daily driver out of the box. Similar potential as the 08 modding-wise, unless you're staying with stock turbo.

I just hope this is the new direction Subaru plans to take... listen to the consumers and stay competitive in the market.

21. Michael48

Michael48 Member

Yeah I'm going to swap everything I need to make It a balanced car/ Better then a STI :hsugh: To stay on topic, The 09' is O.K. I would like to see some ponies added to the 09' STI. Subaru should step it up so Mitsubishi is trying to keep up, not the other way around. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.