2010 sti Spec C

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Michael48, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Michael48

Michael48 Member

2010 sti Spec C in US?

If the number of letters in its name is at all proportionate with its level of improvements, the 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C should be quite the hatchback. Spotted for the first time lapping the Nürburgring recently, this super STI has a number of upgrades designed to sharpen the performance of the standard model.
    According to sources in Japan, this STI's ride height has been lowered by 0.5 inch and fitted with stiffer dampers and springs. The lightweight 18-inch wheels are wrapped in Bridgestone run-flat tires, while the brakes have been upgraded with the six-piston calipers from the Subaru Legacy STi S402.
    Finally, the engineers in Subaru City have tweaked the turbocharger and exhaust system of the turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer engine to generate beefier torque at lower revs and lift power from 300 horsepower to around 320 hp. Gear ratios have also been revised, with 1st through 4th gears positioned closer together while 5th and 6th gear have been made taller to enhance top-end speed, as the Spec C is expected to clear 165 mph.
    With the performance hardware of the Spec C out of the way, the design team turned to aerodynamics in order to add a little free horsepower.
    One source close to the project tells us that in addition to giving the Spec C a fully flat underbody, the Subaru engineers have also fitted a lightweight aluminum rear diffuser that helps generate twice as much downforce at speed than the current body.
    Expected to go on sale in Japan by year's end and then in Europe and possibly in the U.S. by mid-2009, the Spec C could have a price tag of around $43,000.

I'm checking with a dealer right know to find out if I can special order one, Has anyone heard anything?

2. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Guarantee they won't release the TGV-less 2.0 in the US. IF it does come, it will be a 2.5.

But that car is just so clean!

3. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

$43k for that car?!?

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

*THUD*

4. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Honestly, I really do not feel many people will spend $43k on a stripped down Impreza in this country. Especially when the sales of the STi are what they are.

5. 25iguy

25iguy New Member

I think they need to rethink there design for the Impreza im not a big fan just respect that its a Subie.

6. Michael48

Michael48 Member

It's really a street/track Car with more track in it :biggrin: I hope to buy one if there avaiable. Subaru is said to be justifying the spec C in the states to compete with the EVO with more HP then the stock sti which has been rumored for the last couple of years with hp from 330 to 350 (crank) I'm looking forward to see if the dealer can get me some more info and I'll keep what I find posted.

7. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that the $43K is not US dollars... but hey the way this economy is, a sausage will be $43K.. in the UNited States Of Amerirussia soon...

thats the price of the Early Wrx in Australia.. you know the 2.5Rs over here only TURBO

8. mke723

mke723 Well-Known Member

you"ve got big hopes and dreams man, just be happy with your current car for a month or 2, but if ya dont want it anymore u can give it to me:laugh:

9. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Checking with a dealer probably won't get you very far, as I'm sure inside informants would leak info to places like jalopnik first.
    From my experience, the dealership would probably be the last ones to know.

F5

10. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

^ Precisely. The STi being released here was all over the internet before most dealers knew about it.

11. Michael48

Michael48 Member

I will drive my car this summer but then..... I'll wait and see if any new suby tempt me....

bummer :( your going to make me :emo:

12. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

I am really hoping a mean sti comes out soon. I hope to pay mine off in a couple years then save and get a used uber sti a couple years later, lol.

13. Cubby

Cubby New Member

How about they just give us the Legacy STi? :rolleyes:

14. Michael48

Michael48 Member

That would work too!

15. speedyham

speedyham Well-Known Member

If a Legacy STI was sold in the states, I'd buy one. No joke. I'd wait in line and camp outside the dealership overnight waiting for the semi to arrive with the car.

Even better if it was a wagon. :biggrin:

16. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

That car was leaked last July or so... JDM only is what all the articles said.

17. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Or, for $43k, I could get a real track car. Someone mentioned a Lotus...

18. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

Ya, I can think of a lot better things to spend $43000 on than a Subaru.

19. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

If I had a $43k shell, parts and materials budget, things would get nasty :naughty:

20. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I mentioned the Lotus. If I had spent a bunch of money modifying a Subaru Impreza to be fast, and I had 43K to spend on a 'track car', the LAST place I would even think of looking would be another Subaru...especially a 43,000 dollar Subaru.

21. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

$43k with an S2000 would be one hell of a track monster. Or US legal R33. Or.......................................................................................................

22. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

43k and I could have a 9 second 200+ mph and even decent HANDLING, Oldsmobile.....wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much money for a scoooby.

23. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

pfff jdm...who needs that

24. putz

putz Well-Known Member

car sales person at subie dealership... "What is a spec-c? They just wanna sell cars, they can tell you what options a modle comes with... or what your monthly payment MIGHT* be, but if you are on these forums... you are either a rare car sales person (note: I there are some sales people on here), or you know more about these cars then MOST Subie sales people.

* for approved credit and if you do the dealerships drycleaning for 60 months or greater. Also your big toe has to be smaller than the toe next to it unless you wear mens size 5 or less, becuase we feel sorry for you little man.

25. slobright

slobright New Member

Aww man I bet that car would be mad cleen. Tight yo!

26. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Cleaner than clean. Probably have to pay several large bills for it though.

27. Michael48

Michael48 Member

So I was received a call the other day the 2010 STI Spec C is for sale for $39,888

I was told there will only be two available in the twin cities and that is at the Brooklyn Park Nissan Subaru.
    I think it's great that the spec C is for sale stateside, As far as the engine I know the spec C has 320 hp instead of the 305 the base STI has (not really much of a difference) The motor is most likely a 2.5 like all STI’s in the US and not a 2.0 like the JDM versions.

The spec C has larger calipers, lighter wheels and longer 5th and 6th gear, under body aero, stiffer harsher (track) suspension, 150 or 200 pounds lighter and is extremely limited numbers. The salesperson (Jay) is a nice guy and told me as much as he knew about the car. It will be available July 14 or 15th take at look at it and be amazed the a spec C is here, maybe even with a 2.0L

Someone should buy one and give me a ride in it!

28. readymix

Tell your buddy Jay to join the forums and put it into writing for us.

29. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

I have yet to see anything on Subarunet, so I really doubt it. Nor has the GM here, said anything about it...and he kinda knows pretty much everything that is going on here and at BP.

30. readymix

Nor has NASIOC, or Jalopnik, or Autoblog, or any other car related site...

But this "Jay" guy...

31. putz

putz Well-Known Member

wow.... I think 39,000 is a lot of money.

But the pink suspension bits look so cool!

32. driftin240

I don't know who he is, so I can't comment on that.

However, I just looked at Subarunet for the vehicle colors/options chart, and nothing for the 2010 Impreza has even been listed yet. They have no info on there, and Subaru releases that whenever they have it.

From what I have heard, the production of the 2010 Impreza WRX STi will be close to none, due to the '08 and '09 MY not selling nearly the amount that was expected.

33. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

W T F ?

Absolutely no word that there will even be a USDM 2010 STi, and somehow this thing is going to show up here in less than 30 days?
    :munching:

34. putz

putz Well-Known Member

if the spanish call it a "spec-si", would the french call it a "spec-Oui"?????

35. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

:munching:

36. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Most often this info is leaked to at least one of the major forums. Like before the STi was even officially released, back in the days when I was a member of imprezawrxsti.com. Those were the days, *sigh*

37. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

38. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Well what the hell do they expect when they cost like $324324242098234098 :eek4:

39. AWDimprezaL

thats because your dealership has 1 subaru for every 30 chevys

40. AWDimprezaL

word. Thank you.

41. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

thats 1 non-turbo subaru for every 30 chevys. last I looked there was a Foz XT and an Lgt..... not even a WRX on the lot.

42. subytek

subytek Well-Known Member

I just talked to our GM yesterday about the new imprezas, and the only thing new will be, the sti now comes in sedan form also.

43. readymix

omg a spec c sedan!!!

44. driftin240

NO SPEC C FOR YOU!!!:eek4:

45. bobafett04wrx

bobafett04wrx New Member

Any pics of said sedan STi?