2010 sti Spec C

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Michael48, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Michael48

Michael48 Member

Sounds good ;) I'll see you at the Corcoran Rally @ 11am!

2. cptcorn

cptcorn Active Member

I think I'd take a spec c over an STI... but, that does seem high.

3. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

BUMP!!

[​IMG]

Subaru Announces Pricing on 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition
    -- New model featuring improved handling and lower price available Spring 2010 --
    CHERRY HILL, N.J., December 3, 2009 – Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing on the
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition model at $32,995 plus $695 D&D. The new model is
    priced $2,000 lower than the base price of the 2010 WRX STI and will be limited in production. The
    vehicle features an upgraded performance suspension from the Japanese domestic market WRX STI
    spec C and spec C wheels.
    The 2010 WRX STI Special Edition is aimed at the driving enthusiast who is willing to trade a few
    amenities to gain an extra measure of handling performance over the already extraordinary WRX STI.
    Suspension for the new version of this high-performance machine is adopted from the Japanese
    domestic market WRX STI spec C model, which adds a 1-millimeter thicker rear stabilizer bar, stiffer
    rear sub-frame bushings plus upgraded springs. The front springs are 16-percent stiffer, while the rear
    springs have been stiffened by 29-percent.
    Available in early spring, only 125 units of the 2010 WRX STI Special Edition will be painted in
    exclusive Aspen White. The WRX STI Special Edition will also be available in Obsidian Black Pearl,
    WR Blue Mica and Dark Gray Metallic colors. All models will be set off by the charcoal-colored 18 x
    8.5 in. 14-spoke alloy wheels from the JDM WRX STI spec C.
    The WRX STI Special Edition was developed by Subaru Tecnica International, the high-performance
    and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. Compared with the standard 2010 WRX STI,
    the WRX STI Special Edition features halogen rather than HID headlights; a single-disc CD player / 4

speaker audio system instead of the 6-CD / 10-speaker system; manual air conditioning in place of
    automatic climate control, and side mirrors without integrated signals.
    All other aspects of the WRX STI Special Edition remain as on the standard model, including the 305-
    horsepower / 290 lb.-ft. 2.5-liter intercooled, turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine, 6-speed manual
    transmission and a high level of driver-selectable powertrain- and dynamic handling-control systems.
    The car’s bulged fenders and rear quarter panels, rear gate-mounted spoiler and aerodynamic ground
    effects give the WRX STI a direct link to Subaru competition cars. The hood scoop, brake-cooling air
    intakes and engine heat outlets are all functional.
    The Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) version of Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, which
    remains exclusive to the Impreza WRX STI, offers three selectable automatic performance modes in
    addition to six manual center differential locking settings. The WRX STI is in addition equipped with
    limited-slip front and rear differentials. The Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) stability and traction
    control system features three driver-selectable positions. On all WRX STI models, the 18-in. wheels
    are fitted with Dunlop SP600 245/40R18 Summer performance tires.
    The Brembo Performance Brake System employs ventilated 4-wheel Super Sport anti-lock (ABS) disc
    brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Side-curtain airbags and front seat side airbags
    are standard. The Incline Start Assist feature can momentarily prevent the vehicle from rolling
    backward when being driven away from a stop on an incline.
    About Subaru of America, Inc.
    Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan.
    Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-
    Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the
    United States. Subaru boasts the most fuel efficient line-up of all-wheel drive products sold in the
    market today based on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel economy standards. All Subaru
    products are manufactured in zero- landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is
    the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National
    Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit www.subaru.com.
    # #

4. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

Sort of Spec C with a lower price then the regular STI? STI Lite?

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

So it gets wheels, slightly stiffer springs, stiffer rear subframe bushings and a RSB that is 1mm larger. They take out the auto climate control and fancy stereo.

Well that's definitely not a Spec-C. A long ways from it.

~Dan

6. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

That would be like a "Sort of Spec C" I like the concept, STI Sport maybe closer?

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Well-Known Member

scoopless? i liked the scoop.

8. jb05sti

jb05sti Well-Known Member

theres vinyl over the whole hood.....kinda hard for it to scoopless without a frontmount

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Well-Known Member

thats exactly what i was thinking but it doesnt look like there is a scoop under there...

10. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

That's why it is a Special Edition, not a Spec-C

11. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Yes there is definatly a scoop under derr.

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

I understand that. My point was that pic and it's description is posted in the wrong thread, haha.

~Dan

13. Bielke55

You werent around when this lovely "lol" thread came along. So i bumped it and added to it

14. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

So this is the car I saw today!

The wheels are hott

15. Mekhem

Mekhem Well-Known Member

So, Does this mean that Morries actually has one on the lot?

16. Bielke55

Not quite yet... But soon

17. Mekhem

Mekhem Well-Known Member

Cool, I hope its there in April when I can swing by again...

18. jb05sti

jb05sti Well-Known Member

19. drgomez

drgomez New Member

We had one at Walser....It lasted less than 12 hours after it was dropped off of the truck. The first person to test drive it purchased it.

20. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

They should have shipped them without a radio like the '04.

21. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

White Bear Subaru has/had a white one yesterday but I think it is also sold. May still be there though.

22. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

This, is compelling.

23. PaulasaurusREX

PaulasaurusREX Well-Known Member

Do et!

24. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker