2012 DGM STi Hatchback - $20k

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Erik, Oct 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Curious if there might be any interest here...my 2012 STi Dark Gray Metallic Hatch with 92,000 miles. It has been meticulously maintained by me.

• After the initial break in, I have used Rotella T6 and a Subaru OEM filter for every oil change. Every oil change has been done at 3,750 miles
    • Always used the Subaru OEM air filter
    • All other fluid (transmission, differential) have been changed at the correct intervals with Motul gear oil.
    • With the exception of maybe a handful of times, I have ONLY filled with BP 93 octane gas ever since I bought it.
    I tracked EVERYTHING I did on the mysubaru.com website, so I can provide an excel output of everything since I bought the car.

I have a 17" winter set of wheels with Michelin X-ICE (are they on series 4 now?) winter tires that have seen one season (about 6,000 miles). The summer wheels are the stock BBS forged with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They have maybe one season left on them (just took them off yesterday).

I have done a few modifications, but everything is tasteful:
    • Eibach Swaybars (front and rear)
    • Kartboy endlinks
    • STi front strut tower bar
    • Stage 1 Cobb AP map
    • I had a TurboXS catback exhaust installed for two seasons, but took it off due to the DRONE...I would include that in the sale. Sounds FANTASTIC from the outside, just not always from the inside!
    • I replaced the foglights with Morimoto LED's
    • Turn signals are LED with the proper fuse
    • I upgraded the stereo with an aftermarket amp, speakers and a subwoofer. (MTX amp, Kicker speakers and subwoofer)
    • I replaced the stock headunit with the one out of a Forester (see the pics)
    Earlier this summer (89,000 miles), the following was done:
    • Shortblock was replaced, with all "surrounding" repairs (heads resurfaced, vales and guides replaced, spark plugs, oil pickup, etc.)
    • Clutch assembly was replaced (throw out bearing, clutch plate, etc)
    • Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, belts were all replaced
    • Brake fluid was flushed
    • Secondary air pump and all solenoids/valves were replaced
    • Exhaust manifold was replaced
    • All recalls have been completed (including the recent airbag recall)
    Basically it's a brand new engine from the clutch forward, with the exception of the intercooler and turbo.

The only issues that it has right now, are a noisy steering pump (I replaced the steering fluid but it still will occasionally whine) and two very small rust bubbles directly below the gas inlet. They have not broken the surface and are the size of a dime or smaller.

I am not exaggerating when I say I was OCD about caring for this car. The exterior has gotten the same level of care with annual polishing and protection, the wheels are (IMO) excellent for their age. Their are some rock chips on the hood...but that is to be expected.

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edmunds private party tags this many miles at $18,500 with dealer retail at $21,000. With the brand new engine and all of the internals I think $20,000 even is a good place to stand.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested, or want to come take a look. The winters are on the car now for the season.

Erik

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find an edit button, so I forgot to add the the balance of the one year, 12,000 mile warranty applies to the shortblock repair done at the dealer.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.