2012 North Star BMW Events

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

I'm not the best with putting my thoughts down on paper so feel free Chong to put your thoughts down too. When I arrived on Saturday I didn't really know what to think. I was pretty sure I was going to have Chong as a instructor so I felt good about that. I was in group b so we had class first then track second.(class was good but not really why i was there) After class we hit the track, I started off slow trying to learn the track and what to do. Chong was very easy going and focused on the basics,(turn in,apax,turn out) after 10-12 times around the track I really started to get it down. After lunch Chong thought I was ready and really started to push me to go faster and really hit all the corners right. By the end of the day I really felt like I had learned a lot and managed to kill a set of tires. I'd like to thank Chong for being a great instructor,Anthony for the pictures and track help and most of all the BMW club for putting on one hell of event. I will be doing this again and a few trips up to bir next year can't wait.

ofspunk7 and Musashi like this.
  2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

When you teach you're putting info into someone, when you instruct you're telling them how and where and when, and when you coach you're drawing out the qualities of that person. Having limited driving experience isn't always a bad thing as you've witnessed. Less bad traits to fix and an openness towards learning. I bet you never knew you had it in you till I reached in and drew it out of ya. The confidence you've shown from start to finish tripled. I encourage you to respect your new skills and hope you found a new appreciation for your car and others who share your interests. Thanks again for the opportunity to be a positive part in your life and hope you'll share your experience and knowledge to help improve the safety of our streets and sport.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    Buddy likes this.
  3. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Thanks again Chong. I also think we'll become good Friends and see a lot more of each other at the track.

Musashi likes this.