2015 Legacy 2.5 Limited *NEEDS WORK*

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by pleiades, Sep 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Selling my wife's Legacy, not running but would be a decent deal for someone who wouldn't mind putting some work into it. Currently at about 152k miles? Battery isn't in it so I can check if needed but that's likely pretty close. Regardless, it needs an engine so a few miles either way isn't going to make a big difference. I don't have the time or space to take it on but hoping someone else does because we've had it since new and it's otherwise been a great car for us. Comfortable, well-equipped, great for winter, was getting around 30mpg until the engine went, and has a handful of other odds and ends as listed below.

The Major Stuff

Got some hail damage on it this past May, nothing real severe but lots of small dings. Insurance company declared it a total loss but still has a clear title. Roof and trunk are the most visible, rest isn't bad really. We bought it back but then recently a valve broke and killed the engine. Rather than fix it we opted to just replace the car at this point.

The Less Major Stuff

Windshield has a crack, we were trying to get it replaced but the glass has been out of stock. Outside of driver's seat cushion has a small tear in the faux leather (not all the way through, just the outer layer). Trunk has two very small surface rust spots where the ends of the trim molding dug into the paint.

The Good Stuff / Items of Note

- Limited model so it has all kinds of features like heated leather seats, Harmon Kardon stereo with navigation, dual zone climate control, keyless entry and ignition, sunroof, etc.
    - Eyesight package with adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, lane departure warning, and blind spot/cross traffic alert
    - Aftermarket 2-way remote start
    - All side/rear windows tinted to 35% VLT
    - H&R lowering springs, about 1-1.25" drop (still have OEM ones to go with it)
    - Summer tires on 20" Rotiform wheels (minor curb rash on them), winters on 18" OEM wheels but will need replacing soon
    - Trunk debadged
    - Genuine Subaru JDM sports mesh grille
    - Still have original grille too, with center bars painted body color
    - Front and rear Weathertech rubber mats, also have OEM carpeted ones in decent shape
    - LED bulbs in headlights (whether that's a pro or con is up to you)
    - Diode Dynamics "turn as tail" mod, makes red "C"-shaped light function as brake and signal, with added feature of making original turn signals work as reverse lights. White LED bulbs in all 4 spots that now light up in reverse, with a light vinyl tint over the lenses (just the center clear portion)
    - Brand new Die Hard battery (bought a couple weeks ago for almost $200)

Pricing

With everything listed $3,000 OBO.
    If you'd be working on it yourself, used engines are listing around $600-1,000 depending on mileage. If not, I was quoted by a local mechanic here about $2,500-3,000 for everything including the engine, labor, and supplies (fluids, gaskets, belts, etc). I'd prefer not to screw around with parting it out but would be willing to adjust the price if not sending both sets of wheels and both grilles with it.

Car is located at my home near Osceola WI and will obviously need to be trailered. Photos to follow, PM or reply here if interested. Thanks!

2. pleiades

3. pleiades

Car has sold, mods please lock it up. Thanks.

Krazylegz1485 and tangledupinblu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.