2015 STI questions

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by STi_From_DSM, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DanWRX14

DanWRX14 Member

Good points about the 6MT - I'm sure it is a much stronger transmission, but I've still never heard of anyone blowing up a 5MT transmission. If it happens "all the time" you think I would've seen it on the other forums in the last 5 years.
    I don't think I've ever bragged that I have a "rally car" - I don't care that much. I know how much it costs to have a dedicated track/rally car and it's way too much money. I just wanted a turbo/awd drive care I could drive in the winter that was priced accordingly. If I only cared about a motor and transmission I would just buy a Mustang again, but I wanted to try something new - I definitely do not regret my decision to buy a WRX. I think it's the perfect car to drive to work in the winter :)

Yes, you're right about AFR - that's how I measured it. I guess I'll have to just take it to the dyno this year and see what it really is - I just like using my Torque app ;)

I thought "the well documented failure of stock pistons" was just pre-ignition/detonation caused by too lean of conditions? Isn't that true? Oh well, I am still learning here so I obviously don't have all the answers, just a lot of opinions :)
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate learning more about these cars.