2015 Subaru WRX STI: This Is It

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by ofspunk7, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

But if smaller means more output and efficiency from the engine, does that mean it's still inferior because it's a 2.0 v. 2.5?

Sounds familiar, like one of those muscle over import conversations... Yar! Big block V8 Hemi with a shaker hood. No, man! 2.2 liter twin charged, all day!

2. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

what's the difference in valves?

3. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Someone said turbo Buick, and i'm all like, bring back the Grand National! Sweet looking cars imo and the best car Buick ever made. I guess they had the T-type too.

4. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement right here, as I've said it before. These power numbers are far from impressive any more. Sure, you can tune it up and add aftermarket parts, but what about the majority of people that don't mess with their cars and drive them as-is? If I had to pick a stock car with 300 hp in that price range, it sure as hell wouldn't be a STI.

Besides my ranting, I'm fine with the new body style...typical Subaru and we'll all grow to like it. What I'm more curious about is how this new chassis handles...maybe Subaru will finally catch up to the Evo on the tarmac :rolleyes: I'm not getting my hopes up though. Better off keeping my coilovers and camber plates.

5. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

6. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

From the 2015 WRX release white paper:

"A further development of the FA20 engine used in the Forester 2.0 XT, the WRX version uses different camshafts and higher-rate valve springs."

Probably should have said valvetrain, because as far as I know, the "valves" are the exact same.

Also:
    "The changes allow the WRX to develop its peak power using 15.9 psi turbo boost, vs. 17.1 psi in the Forester 2.0 XT. Premium fuel (91 AKI) is recommended."

It is also worth noting that several have noticed the Forester 2.0XT hitting as high as 19 PSI of boost under rare conditions (using the factory gauge, which is unknown on accuracy). Might be another interesting thing to look into.

Nhibbs likes this.
  7. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Gotcha

8. spudd

spudd Well-Known Member

The direct injection on the new wrx is the same as the brz, minus the port injection. And the port injection is standard subaru port injection.