2016 LaXCruise!!

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by tangledupinblu, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Cartman08

Cartman08 Member

I also want to give a big thanks for everyone involved in setting this up! From @tangledupinblu for organizing everything to the people who got the food prepared. Yes the rain sucked but I couldn't agree more with @silver03 , I loved every second of it. Got to meet some cool folks and I wished I could've met more of you. But hey, that's what next year is for right?:)

2. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Drive down was stressful

3. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

This is my 5th year going and its a great and fun event. Thanks for putting it all together, from the drive, the food and of course all the prizes. I would personally like to donate a $50 Bp gas card for next years raffle prize, maybe 2 when the time comes closer

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Did anybody get pics/video of the Christmas light-esque line of cars with their flashers on in the rain? Looked pretty cool from back in the pack.

Cody Weatherly and silver03 like this.
  5. Deathly

Deathly Well-Known Member

I may have... Not sure as I dont have the camera.

6. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

Awesome event today! Will be back next year for sure! Thanks @tangledupinblu for putting together! 20160723_084959.jpg

Rooks, masube81, Weird0 and 6 others like this.
  7. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

I wish I couldve gotten some pics from when we had our flashers on but too focused on driving lol. And again great event! I had a blast and my girlfirend who was mad at me for most of the morning cause of waking her up and getting her to hurry and get ready enjoyed the trip even tho she slept most of the way down there

8. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Great to see everyone! Thanks everyone for another great year.

That transformer exploding scared the **** out of me!

jamusix, Subaza, sti-fighter and 4 others like this.
  9. Subaza

Subaza Member

:frantic:WTF CAN'T SEE S**T (me inside my car)

Deathly and silver03 like this.
  10. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

It was quite moist on the way down but Im glad we stuck it out and still went to the camp site after and setup tent city. Was a blast as always when consuming alcohol with you fokes and your meat-pockets.

11. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

The CWSC strikes again(2 times in 3 years)!!! Congrats to @newsavedone for winning the "Best in Show"award and grasping the year long bragging rights with his squeeky clean JDM swapped RS coupe! Very nicely done sir and it appears that we need to step up our game in the twin cities!?
    image.jpeg

Runner up was my new homeslice from GrimmSpeed @Takalak. Sweet WRB wagon brother, maybe next year you can lock up the votes!?

Thank you to all that came out and paddled their way to LaCrosse through the monsoon! I drove the cruise route backwards today on my way home in the sunshine and slayed all of those corners that we quietly pushed through yesterday in the rain. It had to be done.

12. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

Yea... I felt that transformer through out my car when it hit! I was behind @tangledupinblu when it exploded!

13. tangledupinblu

It made things MOAR interesting!

MN_XV_712 likes this.
  14. Subystar

Subystar Active Member

That car made me go home and search craigslist for a RS2.5 that I can STi swap into.... eeks

Takalak, joebush44 and tangledupinblu like this.
  15. Krazylegz1485

Weather cleared up quite nicely on our return trip Saturday. Decided we better take it back since we didn't have the rain and traffic to battle. Easily the coolest road I've driven on in MN so far. So awesome. Wife and I are gonna go back in the fall and make a few laps back and forth through there.

Takalak and Subaza like this.
  16. tangledupinblu

There must have been 100 motorcycles on it today! Saw some Evo's and a few Porscharu's too. It's a great road...the only MN. road that makes me feel like i'm on a WI. road!

Takalak and Ryan FailRad like this.
  17. JasonoJordan

I came home to a dead ac unit so that was less fun. Pretty sure its just a bad motor starter capacitor so no big deal.

Takalak likes this.
  18. horizon_chaser

horizon_chaser Well-Known Member

It was my first time this year and it was a blast, will go again next year.

MN_XV_712, Subaza, Jwhy and 4 others like this.
  19. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Big hot load of oatmeal

20. JasonoJordan

24,000 lumens worth

derp, Legsaucy and sti-fighter like this.
  21. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

24,000 lumens with a split 2 D cells to 3 AA lithium ion batteries while going 155mph on BIR's turn 1.

Legsaucy and CornyTumbleweed like this.
  22. tangledupinblu

Hard to believe that we hit the 10th year of this cruise! That is still crazy to me.

Speaking of 10 years running. Morries Minnetonka Subaru Parts and GrimmSpeed have been donating to this forum and cruise for all 10 of them!!

If you haven't had a chance to say thank you to them, you can on their FaceBook page here!
    https://m.facebook.com/MorriesMinnetonkaSubaru/

And here...
    https://m.facebook.com/grimmspeed/

Leave them a like, type in a comment, seriously...their commitment to us is unmatched to date!

New to us over the past couple of years is Matt from Aluminati! He's donated beautifully machined parts and we are excited to see his company grow! Make sure to thank him also on here!! Screen name is here...-> @Aluminati

And also a big thanks to a couple of the midwests new Subaru Ambassadors! Thanks for bringing goodies to hand out fellas!! Just icing on the event cake having that stuff to give away. ;)

BIG BIG thanks to all of the sponsors and all of you guys for signing up, paying in advance, and sticking out the storms to make this a successful and fun event again this year!!! Every year, you guys never let me down!

Thanks!!!
    -Josh

masube81, MN_XV_712, silver03 and 4 others like this.
  23. klutz

klutz Well-Known Member

It was nice to meet a lot of you face to face for the first time, great event!

Krazy - I thought you guys skipped it - weren't you behind me and then passed hwy 81? Where'd you end up? That cutover hwy 81 road was great!

24. Krazylegz1485

We sorta "missed" that road because I don't remember ever turning off onto 81 on the way down there. Needless to say I was way more focused on the bumper in front of me than I as the road, much less any signage. We actually went up north a few more miles to where 60 comes out in Wabasha. There was a pretty bad ass section from there to where it meets 81, so it was awesome either way.

I really want to just go back and forth through there from one end to the other, repeatedly.

25. Navar Hren

Navar Hren Active Member

If I do a little browsing I should be able to pull up some old routes. Hastings-Wabasha-Wisconsin-North to Prescott and home from there. Most of a day, little to no highway and all of the corners.

klutz and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  26. Navar Hren

Navar Hren Active Member

Did no one get that crazy lightning strike/transformer explosion on camera?? That was nuts!! Special shout out to @sti-fighter for the ride and the almost endless catching up we were doing! Best overnight I've had in a long while; I had a blast meeting so many members of a new to me "family"!

sti-fighter and MN_XV_712 like this.
  27. jamusix

jamusix Well-Known Member

Plenty of people beat me to it, of course, but I have to say it regardless: Thanks to @tangledupinblu for setting this up! My wife and I had a great time despite the pouring rain. Looking forward to next year.

sti-fighter and tangledupinblu like this.
  28. klutz

klutz Well-Known Member

Please find those routes, sounds like a perfect way to spend a day!

29. klutz

klutz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it would a good loop because 81 was great and the map shows some fun curves on 60 as well!

30. Subystar

Subystar Active Member

klutz likes this.
  31. Takalak

Takalak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the invite Josh. Ive always considered the cruise but you caught me at the right time to remind me. So thanks again for that as well as to your fam who catered. I met some nice families as well as individuals. I must apologize for my lack of enthusiasm for i became quite ill the night prior. I just did my best to suck it up the best i could so that i could still do the event and not need to make/let my wife drive especially in the London weather we experienced. It was nice jawin with you; Mark, Drew, Brett to name those i can remember. Sorry i didnt make it around enough to meet everyone. Hopefully i can make it out to more of the events in the future. Thanks for the 2nd place honorary mention I like to think i have a somewhat of an obtuse sense of style. But i do try to do/fab everything i put on my car if possible and turn any bolt that needs turning myself, so far so good. i guess thats where i put my car pride so its pleaseing to hear complements and people's appreciation for that. But at the end of that day we all park in our own garage to please our own senses. Thats why i came on the cruise to show support and ride beside my fellow subie enthusiests who are doing what they love to do... Ruin vehicles! Mad Props to EVERYONE & THEIR SWEET RIDES. ✨
    PS. I'm not a frequent commentator on here so i thought id try and make up for it a lil bit in this post. Sorry if u fell asleep.