2020 STi Series White?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by STi_From_DSM, Jul 25, 2019.

1. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Seems like one more year to wait for the new and improved STi. BRING BACK THE BLURPLE STi!

Limited Edition Series.White

The 2020 Subaru WRX Series.White and 2020 Subaru WRX STI Series.White will likely be limited to 1000 examples total, 250 examples for WRX STI and 750 WRX. The Ceramic White will be different than the Crystal White Pearl offered on the current model with no metallic or pearl in the paint. Like Series-Gray, the 2020 Series.White Limited Edition WRX and WRX STI will get exclusive Crystal Black Silica badging and foldable exterior mirrors as well as 19-inch alloy wheels with black finish.

[​IMG]

The 2020 Subaru WRX Series.White will likely get a similar Performance Package option, and 2020 WRX STI Series.White will come with the Recaro option package with improved suspension upgrades. Don’t look for any engine upgrades on the standard STI or the special edition 2020 WRX STI. Subaru will keep the 310-hp EJ25 2.5-liter turbo boxer around one more year.

New turbo powerplant for STI

Performance fans will have to wait until next year before the next-generation Subaru WRX STI arrives as a 2021 model year. We’ve heard it will get a new FA-series-based turbocharged Boxer engine when it finally makes its global debut. Reports say It could get an upgraded 2.4-liter turbo-Boxer sourced from the all-new Ascent family hauler but no details have been leaked yet.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Butt looks good, and I like the color

3. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

Meh, the best thing about the CWP is the pearlescent finish of it. A dull matte white would look pretty boring to me but will have to wait and see in person.

4. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

...and I see it the opposite way. I will never own a pearl white car. By coincidence, we currently have 3 white cars plus the white Honda Jazz I bought the MIL in Thailand...none of them are pearl. :p

...and nowhere does it mention matte; even the picture shows a standard finish.

5. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

Yeah to each their own but the picture is of a series.gray from last year. I wonder if it will be a re-hash of the older Aspen White they used up until 2010.

6. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I wish they would come out with the new body style already! I want to see what it is going to look like!

7. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

I wish they would release the price of the S209 already....

STi_From_DSM likes this.