30K Fluids on my 09 WRX - Tuesday 6.29

Discussion in 'Mini Meets' started by ofspunk7, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

So next tuesday 6.29 we are going to have a partial 30K maintenance mini-meet for my car. Myself, Dan (Turbo_Turtle) and Brian (RexNEffect) are going to change my differential and transmission fluid. We already have the fluid thanks to Fred Bean Parts and we are ready to go. We will not be doing Oil and all the other stuff, since I am only at 20K and I can do those on my own.

Time: Sometime after 5:30ish

If you (are like me and have never done this before and) would like to come and hang out / learn just let us know in this thread. We can PM the location details to you on Monday the week of.

Per Dan:
    This class will be on how to change transmission (includes front and center diff) and rear differential fluids only. Join us to learn how to go threw the process, help, or just ask questions on the subject. I am more than happy to field any questions.

2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I would like to attend

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Blue coolant is good for 100K miles, just a heads up!

4. ofspunk7

Cool, we will see you there..... sometime around 5:30ish (Dan can you confirm that you will be there around 5:30ish?)

Cool (ant)

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

Looks like I might be doing a clutch early Tuesday morning. That shouldn't go until 5 pm, but we'll see.

Let's plan on 5:30pm. I will be surprised if I can't make it by then.

Oh and just to clarify. This class will be on how to change transmission (includes front and center diff) and rear differential fluids only. Join us to learn how to go threw the process, help, or just ask questions on the subject. I am more than happy to field any questions.

~Dan

6. ofspunk7

Clutch at your house or Brians? Should we move the meet so you guys can just stay there?

7. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

My clutch install will be at his place, starting Monday morning. Assuming we line-up someone to resurface the flywheel Monday afternoon, I'm guessing we will be finishing it up on Tuesday morning, early afternoon, so let's keep the mini-meet at my place, since it's pretty central.

As for tools, mine are kinda limited, especially when it comes to metric wrenches. So, it would be a good idea for Dan or Derek to bring what might be needed.

8. ofspunk7

Already talked about this. I am bringing Jack. Stands. Tools.

Dan said he has a funnel and other needed tools.

9. ofspunk7

BUMP! - If you can't make the clutch party, or are looking for something to do before the Tuesday meet, come on over.

PM me for directions.