-42 below...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DISCOPOPE, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

it was a propper -20 this morning out at the lake..... wind chill is now -42
    they say your skin shall freeze in about 30 min.
    so i guess the wet tee-shirt contest is off for tonight?

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

So who is up for another polar bear dive?? Anyone??

Ya, so how dumb am I, I go to the wild game last night with just a sweat shirt and my jersey over that. That was a good plan till we had to walk to the car and wait for it to warm up.

Russ

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

You think that's cold, wait till you see someones dripping SNOTT frozen on the tip of their nose... I was walking with a couple of friend from work this morning... going to a local joint for breakfast. I looked over and notice the ladies got icicle hanging from their nose LOL. I'm just glad I had my scarf hehehe.

4. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

man i know its so cold!!!

it was like raining the other day, and i got WET! and it was only like 70, so i mean i was freezing:D

sorry guys.......LOL

Ben

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I had the misfortune of making a visit to Grand Forks today. Although it isn't the coldest weather I've experienced while going to school there, it certainly made the weather here seem more hospitable. When I walked from the airport terminal to the aviation campus there was a right stiff breeze which flight ops said was dropping wind chills to -70. I remember having class on days that cold. Got out to me car back here this evening and it felt balmy at only -30. I can't wait for it to climb above zero on Saturday, it's time to break out the spring jacket :p

On another note, who else is getting killer performance from their engine in this cold? Coming home today I hardly had to use the throttle to get a real kick in the fancy.

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Thats ok Ben, were are having some fun here. By chance, do you remember how many miles were on your car??

Russ

7. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

why yes i do, 24765 as a matter a fact, why do you ask? lol:)

Ben

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

there might be a few more miles on it when you get back.;)

Russ

9. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

note to self:
    next time get gas, and save carwash code untill AFTER hitting the parking lot for 8" powder drift action.....

i now have ice pack lined wheel wells. [xx(]

10. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Moving back to Florida doesnt seem like a bad idea right about now!
    Working outside at night in this cold weather really sucks, but when it gets to 10 degrees out it feels really warm, as opposed to being -20 out. Im really sick of all this weather now.

Wish it was warm and no salt on the roads so I could finish my sub and finally drive it again. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.