5th Annual Fall Fun Runs ADDED NOV. 4th RUN

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Sep 9, 2007.

1. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

yeah the whole following the wrong car thing really sucked...pat im glad youre ok..i must admit tho it looked KILLER in my rear view...half a second sooner and that woulda been me.

so what are we supposed to do with our sundays now???

2. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

AHAHAHHAAHAHA i was gettin pretty restless in my car! the ADHD was taken over me so i thought i would try do do sumn to break the ice!!! so i thought of the stupidest show on TV and then asked if anybody had watched it!! hahahahah a least one person lafed

3. Taras

Taras BANNED

for some reason I could not understand most of the stuff over the radios. Mine just suck I need to get new ones.

4. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

YEah there were some things i could understand. i think we should go over how to talk on the walky talky's next time.at the before "go fast" meeting
    (press button)(Talk)(Release button) and only in that order

5. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

yeah, that and i think some people were like eating the walkies or something, sometimes i couldnt hear or understand a dang thing they were saying. i hope you guys enjoyed my cow warning too. lol, seriously tho, the top models was the best, bravo man

6. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

Awesome drive! I was in the "lost" group on the way back to the cities. It was cubby (I think), then Taras, then me, then a dude in a hawkeye, so our 4 car caravan represented 4 generations of imprezas in chronological order :biggrin:

7. Andrew

Andrew New Member

what type of walkies are you guys using, would a cb radio work?

8. bovaddict

bovaddict Well-Known Member

nice meeting you guys.. i was a passenger in teh grey shirt..

9. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

We all pretty much had different brands. Mine was Uniden. Most had Motorolla.
    If you have privacy code adjustments on your cb, then it would work. If not, then you could hear us, but we wouldn't be able to hear you if you tried communicating.

10. SubieDave

Who was the guy with the 04-05 black sti with the 35r?? I know he took some pics on the highway that I'd like to see.

11. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

I took some pics. As soon as I figure out how to post them I will do so.
    Alot of them are from the back of the pack but I did get a good shot of the lost group!
    This was alot of fun and it was nice to meet some new people!

12. SubieDave

Lost group??

13. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

The group that followed the wrong person and then got seperated from the rest of the group!

14. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Ksal, he posted some of his pics below.

And Ksal, I lol'd all over myself too!:laugh:

"So, uh, so who watched America's Next Top Model last night!?" You sounded so sincere! hahaha.

15. SubieDave

I assume you guys didn't have walkies then?! We thought all you guys were going home! Sucks that happened.

Where?? I see none!

16. tangledupinblu

Ahh, you are talking about on the highway during the drive.

Post #207 are some of his. I thought you just wanted to see some of his pics. My mistake.:)

17. SubieDave

No biggie! I'll take anything I can get. He has one of my car next to a blue one on 94 on the way back. I just want to see how it turned out.

18. tangledupinblu

I want to see pics of the cows running from my Hellas!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And btw Matt, your prediction of broken windsheilds, yup, you were right. And thanks, it came from the Leg!:mad:j/k, hahaha. I shouldn't have been riding your ass.

I was at an advantage b/c my windsheild was already broke, so it's just an additional crack.

19. SubieDave

I would like to see that one too. I thought he was kiddng when he said there could be cows in the road!! haha.. apparently not!

20. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

actually we had 3 walkies...i suppose if the lead group wouldnt have been 2+ miles away by the time we left the kt we wouldnt have gotten lost..ive only got a 2 mile radius...or or or if you guys woulda done what we did..wich would be turn around and return to the gas station to try and find you it woulda been a better day.

this is in reply to post #240

21. SubieDave

We radioed you guys before you even turned left at the stop sign. We asked if you were going home since you were all going the opposite way. Someone said yes and we left, but that was after all you guys had already turned. So if you did have radio's, why didn't you respond?

22. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

I thought you were talking to the guys still standing at their cars when I turned around. :dunno:

23. SubieDave

Naw, to you guys. I was following you at first, but then I heard the announcment on the radio and looked at the other group. I ended up taking a right where you all took a left. Wondered why no one followed..

Not a huge deal, but it's always more fun with more cars. The looks we got were awesome!!

24. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

ive posted pics under taras' thread "fun run on the 21st" or whatever its called.. sorry about the size...hope you enjoy.

25. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

OK well im going to get it going here!! I know that i had a really good time on both event days!!!! and i would really like to get one more in! I know that we live in a cold state but come on, when was the last time we got a REAL fall/winter. plus thats what hoody's and jackets are for!! I would vote for one of the first weekends in Nov. NOW LEMME SEE A SHOW OF HANDS!!!

26. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

dependsonotherthingsbuthandrazor!!!

27. segfault

segfault Well-Known Member

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

After the stories and pics I've got a guy who wants to join in his MINI, don't worry, he'll stay in the back of the bus and not ruin the photos!

28. SubieDave

I'd be in as well Ksal. It would have to be on a Sunday though.

29. curly2k3

yeah, depending on the date i would be game for sure

30. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

YEah it would deffinatly be a sunday it seems to work the best for almost everyone

31. tangledupinblu

Yes you would!:biggrin:

And so would I.

32. curly2k3

we need the wagon slidewayz a bit on XX and II. lol, let me know the date if we are doing this, i have a Tourney again on the 9th and 10th

33. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

I had a really great time as well! Thanks Matt and everyone else! That was a lot of fun and cant wait to do it again. I still have the birds leg stuck under my fog cover but I managed to rip the rest off when we left that dead end road. Matt thanks for letting me know it was hangen there! lol.

The cows really ran once we got on our hellas! That was pretty funny to come around the corner to come up on brake lights and cows. .

Ksal I followed you for a while I think. Nice flames out the exhaust everyonce in a while :)

Once again It was a great time!

Almost felt like the track at times!

34. tangledupinblu

That was your car! Man, your bugeye is badass. You were behind us on a couple of stretches and Curly2k3 and I were admiring how quick your car was and how flat it stayed pretty much the entire time! No body roll through the corners in your car huh? Seems to be well built.:)

Me on the other hand, body roll hardcore through every corner! But that didn't slow me down any!:biggrin:

35. SubieDave

LOL the bird was hilarious!! I can't believe you hit that...what an azzhole!! haha :p

Those cows wouldn't move until the hellas sounded. It scared the sh*t out of them!! I've never seen a cow run like that!!

36. segfault

evomn.net guys are saying they'll be doing a couple more runs as well

37. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

LOL yeah the cows were running pretty fast. I havent seen any run that fast before either.

I didnt even know I hit that bird till Matt was like "Dude you might want to get that bird off the front of your car" lol I shoulda got a picture before I pulled it off its leg. HAHAHA good thing it was already dead.

Thanks for the compliments on my car, I appreciate that especially after spending so much damn money on everything. I still have a few minor things I want to change out for a little more power, but handling wise im pretty much set. With a 2.0 you can only go so far motor wise, ya know.

Oh and My girlfriend really enjoyed riding with to! She told me she wants to do that again:) I cant argue with that. No puking in my car so that was good, lol. I dont think we had that problem this time with anyone??

38. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

im in for a sunday

39. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

Im thinkin and i talkted to bikerboy he said that he would be willing to do one on NOV.4 (sunday) so i know im in. if that works out for other people please post so we can have a idea of how many people wanna go that way its worth it. cuz it wouldnt be that fun if only 4 people could go. know what i mean. So yeah thats that

40. EggRoll

EggRoll Well-Known Member

If Fobia doesn't go, can I ride with someone!?

41. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I definitely plan on going.

42. segfault

already raised the hand but i'll confirm now!

43. Cubby

Cubby New Member

Omg we're going again? Count me in for sure, but on 3 conditions.

1. Matt takes the helm again. Won't be as fun or safe without organizational skills from a good, experienced leader.

2. No snow on the ground or in the forecast for the date. My car isn't gonna see anymore snow for the rest of its life if I can help it. Well, the snow isn't the problem. It's the salt that usually accompanies it.

3. No more confusion/splitting up after the gas stop. I know, that was mostly my fault, but I wanna see the rest of the run this time :(

44. segfault

well, at that point we lost the guy actually responsible for running sweep due to a sick passenger. if a sweeper is always defined and has a decent radio there shouldn't be this kind of problem...

45. 1_sic_rex

1_sic_rex Well-Known Member

Still workin on getting my struts swapped out. I should be there.