6/5/2015 - NF Performance Driving School at DCTC

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by xluben, Jun 10, 2015.

1. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

2. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

delete link to fb

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Lol at Fuji. And Jordan with his tongue hanging out! Hahaha

ofspunk7 and Ctracey218 like this.
  4. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

Do you know who this person is? I saw a similar one in BP back in late April and couldn't get it out of my head, I'm wondering if it is the same person. I'm not much of Lexus person so I don't know much about them but when that IS pass me by, I couldn't keep my eyes off, it was a beaut.

5. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

[​IMG]

It has to be the same one, I mainly only saw it's back-end and these tail light looks about right. On a side note, hey that's the panda sticker I designed lol.

6. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

It's a beaut, but with a base price of over $61k, I can think of plenty of other cars I'd choose.

tehfuzz likes this.
  7. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

Ouch!

8. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

Ha, I guess. No disrespect, but to each their own. The whole Lexus ISF, BMW M3, Mustang GT kind of car has never really done it for me. (Mainly because I can't afford one) :)

It really is a sexy car though.

9. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

They were always out of my price range too that's why I never look their way when it comes to buying a car but I'll admit I never knew what an IS was until I saw that car. I never really got much into cars (although I did have a few cars I would really want) until recently.

Musashi likes this.
  10. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

So was there a technical inspection for this event, or any sort of safety gear/crew?

I'm not sure I'd want to be anywhere near stancetards out on a track.

11. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

He is a buddy of a buddy and yes I think he does live out in that neck of the woods and yes this thing is really nice.

12. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

Thanks for confirming. It was my first time actually noticing an IS, I had to google what car it was afterward.

13. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

We do look at the cars, and if deemed not safe they are not let onto the track.
    This was a great bunch to work with. All were very respectful of the event, and all got more confident as the event went on. I think a few might even have learned that a "stanced" car might not be the way to go!

TMF and tangledupinblu like this.
  14. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

That lexus is an ISF (V8) not an IS, and it sounds mean as hell! The "F" in the ISF means it is their performance version of the car. It isn't a racecar, but I would call it one hell of a sleeper. No one expects that V8 that can move inside a car that looks like that.

^ Correct. To add to that....

If anyone's car is dangerous we do not allow them on the track. It is clearly stated in our rules and we will not hesitate to end someone's day. Student and instructor saftey is not something we take any risks on. Have no fear Brian, we are converting them over to the good side of motorsports. That ISF for example showed up to his 2nd driving school this season. He lifted his car off the ground and put on a different front bumper. He did this after he learned how a slammed car functions on the track. When I spoke with him before the 2nd event we talked about changing his setup for the next time around. He had already made the changes to his car's suspension before I could even suggest how to approach event #2 differently. Our team helps to guide people in a direction that may make their cars perform better on the track. We cannot force anyone to change their car, but we can help show them the light. I know a lot of people are already looking at different rubber and brake setups for their cars. Most of these people do not have a lot of track experaince. We allow them to start to explore the limits of their car, which can help them figure out function vs fashion. The whole idea is to make it as affordable as possible so people don't have to spend tons of cash on a track experaince. I limit the cars to 7 or less on track at a time. If you know DCTC, then you know how much room that gives everyone. We have radios inside the cars and do not allow passing. If someone is behind you, we radio you to pit and I send them back out on the track at the next opening. It works very well!

TMF likes this.
  15. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I have a friend who loves and only talks about "LowNsloW" and yes he's been to a NF DCTC event as well. It wasn't until he came with me to the Tudor Championship at Road America that he truly appreciated what real "LownFast" was all about after watching the LMP1 car's blasting around the race track.

There's a lot to be learned from working with someone who doesn't have a very well setup car that is unbalanced and very challenging to learn how to go fast. But if you were to take a step back and take the driving from a Car Control perspective all of the sudden you have an amazing tool that will teach you so many degrees and angles about how to do things the right way. Going fast starts with a learning how to be safe and SAFE is FAST. Most instructors will think that if you have a student with an AWD vehicle they must approach it with the AWD mentality on how to drive it. I think otherwise as these strengthens and weaknesses are apparent in any vehicle no matter the platform. and most of which is a creation of the driver. So I say drive based on situation and not by preference, so if you're smart you'll adapt to the car's strengthens and win another successful day.