97 STi on ebay

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by greg donovan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

looks like the one from Cars and Coffee...

2. pekoso1

pekoso1 Member

Yeah... They now have an JDM Sti wagon and 2 more JDM Sti's they r RHD...Looks like the real deal... Wonder how he gets them in the U.S

3. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Strips engine + trans + wiring

Strips interior down to a shell

Ships engine

Ships interior bits

Ships shell

Reassemble.

Its shady, but "legal" and they DO have a VIN, but they have to be registered as a hobby car with a declared value if I remember correctly.

4. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Something like that, yes.....now get me a S204

5. fcmax

fcmax New Member

Getting one that year fully assembled into the states and legally registered is illegal. However you can in the state of north dakota import jdm cars from canada as long as they have a canadian title which the 15 year rule they have there helps with that. Yes federal regulations apply but as long as the chassis is the same as a us model those regulations are cake to get around.

6. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

this car looked like not a bolt was undone to be brought here

7. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I can agree with that. The car looked just like it would out of the factory in Japan on the one I saw. How legal it is, is probably debatable but man it sure is cool

8. Munky King

Munky King Well-Known Member

I saw the car at cars and coffee and it looked pretty sweet.
    In the UK where I'm from the JDM cars are the cheap alternative. Bit of a shock to come here and see the price.
    Whoever buys it will be really lucky (if for no other reason than to be able to spend that sort of $$$ on a toy) but I found out the hard way why the JDMs are cheaper over there.
    As the cars in Japan are expected to last around 4 years on average and they see little in the way of snow on the roads, they don't bother to underseal or rust proof the cars. If I bought this one ( I wish) the first thing I would do is have it all sealed and waxed underneath. You also need to look after the electrics as they don't tend to be so well protected.
    The other thing to watch out for is that the JDM STis run on 100 Ron gas. In the UK typically the first thing you do is to have it retuned to run on 95ron - as about as good as it gets over there. I dont know if you would get away with 98 as the super we get here.
    I guess if you don't reset the ecu by pulling up the accelerator you might get away with it.
    Either way a way cool car!

9. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

100ron is about 93-94 octane here.
    There are many folks who have ran the JDM Swaps over here on 91-93 pump fuel we have here with no issues.

10. Bheims

Bheims Member

munky king from DNA360?

11. Munky King

Munky King Well-Known Member

Yes that's me. Still building my 360 but running an 04 STi for everyday. What are you doing here B?
    Thanks for the Ron info. Im currently dreaming of a classic impreza swap sleeper... Sorry to spam the link!
    Munky