A/C condenser and receiver dryer

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Neef, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neef

Neef New Member

I need those two things in order to have my AC running. Where else besides the dealer could I buy this?? Thanks in advance

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Talk to sideways motorsports here on the forum he was parting out a rally car he might have it.

M

3. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I knew this would happen! I just threw out my entire system I removed from the RS. I was planning to keep it, but in the spirit of keeping my impending move light, to the garbage it went.

4. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Junk yard on Marshall just east of Snelling. Maybe. ;)

5. Neef

Neef New Member

whats the name of it do ya know?

thanks

6. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Tony, how do you know that it's your AC's condenser and receiver dryer? Does your system work, but just blows ambient air or something?

My car does that. I've taken it in and the shop noticed a leak somewhere behind the IC. When they refilled it, there was a loud hissing sound from the leak, yet it was blowing cold air out the vents.

7. Substeroo

Don't know. The Junk Yard?

8. Neef

Neef New Member

I brought my car to Tires Plus to have an oil change and AC refill but i guess the car needs those 2 things.

9. kickin_81

I may just speak for one person, but I'll speak it anyways. I have a co-worker who went to get his oil and changed at a shop (could have been Firestone). They charged him for the oil, filter, and labor. When he took his car home, he checked their work and the filter was the same one he brought in. IMO, do your own oil change! ;)

10. Neef

Neef New Member

i will be doing my own maintnence from now on. For new parts installed this AC problem is going to cost me about 750.00!!! Maybe it's time to start looking around this part before it gets too hot...:(!

11. Substeroo

I try to do all of my own work. If I can get under the car, I can do it myself. But when it comes to things like A/C I don't usually mess around. I have recharged mine and all that but I don't think that's even legal. ;)

12. kickin_81

I agree. An A/C system is something you shouldn't mess with unless you have professional experience on it. An oil change... that's level one stuff.

Tony, $750 is something I don't want to hear. I could be paying that for my system, too. :( Time to invest in some water squirters. :p

13. Substeroo

You could have it spray the IC and you at the same time!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.