AARRF DCTC June 24 evening event

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thursday JUNE 24 at Dakota County!!! Evening track time.

I just secured Thursday June 24th for an evening track day.

What better way to unwind after a stressful day at work. TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR CAR! Muahaha!

Ok more details to follow. Tell everyone you know. I'll set up the same course as before.

evening rates 1/2 full day rates. Down the line; mem, prereg, gate, non mem...get it?

time 4;30 to 9:00 Pm or so...

Pricing:
    Members
    $60 per event if you pre-register, $70 at the gate.
    $100 per two day event if you pre-register, $120 at the gate.
    Non-Members
    $65 per event if you pre-register, $75 at the gate.
    $110 per two day event if you pre-register, $130 at the gate.

Guests or Spectators
    Single Day Registration - $5

2. Musashi

[​IMG] let do this, where is Noah on this? :p

3. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

That's not the St. Cloud track. Do the same rules apply? I mean as far as what I have to do?

4. Musashi

:D Yes the same rules apply, and another thing, dont forget to bring your diaper ;)}:)

5. Substeroo

What size do you wear? ;)

6. Substeroo

I'll bring a large just in case.:)

7. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Hmmm, June 24th... Jordan, can you get premission to goto this event? :D

You should ask if Jonathan wants to make this one also? I notice he hasn't been talking his talk lately on the Audi board after the spanking we gave him.

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Where exactly is this?

9. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chux

Where exactly is this?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dakota Cty College in Rosemount.

10. Gspot

Gspot New Member

preregister at AARF.com?

11. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

AARRF.com there sunshine:D

12. Musashi

20 turn 1.5 mile circuit. A mini complex string!

Pricing and online registration

AARRF Members
    $30 Preregistered.
    $35 At the gate.

Non AARRF Members
    $35 Preregistered.
    $40 At the gate.

Guest $5

13. Substeroo

This one right Chong?

14. Musashi

Correct ;)

15. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I'll be going to this one, I'll be on the track too! Anyone care to come watch? Volunteer?

16. Substeroo

Did you get new rubber?:p

17. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

No new rubber, BUT tire pressure adjustment.....and some GT3 experience.....

18. Substeroo

I learned a cool trick about that. I'll show you at the track. ;)

19. Musashi

maybe I better bring my camera ;)

20. Substeroo

You should bring the whole KMSP Channel 9 crew for THIS one!}:)

21. Musashi

Noah,

Whats new trick u just learned? The vw two wheel motion?

22. Substeroo

No, I read about putting white shoe polish on the "corner" of the tire (where the tread meets the side wall) and then after a run, if any shoe polish has rubbed off, you can bump up the tire pressure. It's a way to judge tire roll.

23. Musashi

Alright I'm leaving the camera at home, I was hoping for something like what OB1 did.

Cool trick, but I dont think you will be pushing your car enough to really benefit, dont mean to side track ya, but just work on being consistant and smooth just like Michael Knight, OKEE

Once you get more experience and start to apply more speed than your little trick will become very handy ;)

24. Substeroo

You think I can do ANYTHING like OB1?

Thank you! I take that as a compliment.:cool:

25. Musashi

It just takes time..................young Jedi ;)

Before you join the Darkside }:)

26. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Chong,
    Where do you get those axis pads? I need a set for teh event because the OEM's are worn out from, heh, you know... pricing?

27. Musashi

Fuji,

What breaking system do u currently have? If your going to do pads, you should consider upgrading the fluid as well. And dont for get those cross drilled/slotted rotors on Ebay. :D

So far I found the best prices at Gruppe-s.

for WRX
    Front $49 shipped
    Rear $39 shipped

C

px. I'll see ya that the track.:p

28. Substeroo

Should I change my fluid before the track? It's pretty clear and new looking. I have no problem stopping. Probably need it afterwards right?

29. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Subster..

Older brake fluid has had more time to absorb water. What happens at the track is the fluid gets very hot, and the water in the fluid boils, creating pockets of air in the line, which of course leads to bad brake fade and squishy pedal. If the fluid hasn't been changed in a while, I'd consider changing it. I have had good success with motul600 fluid, which is available at most motorcycle shops (Midwest Cycle in mpls has it)

There's nothing quite as exciting as coming up quick into a corner with little to no brakes (been there done that!)

-Jordan

30. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Careful on the shoe polish technique or you will be running up your tire bill. While it is a cheap way (I didn't say the right way) to quantify the amount of tire roll, just upping the pressure isn't going to necessarily help with handling. When the pressure is raised too much, your tire will bulge in the center and you will loose grip and wear the center of the tire quickly. If a tire has a soft sidewall, this can happen very easily. the best way is to get a baseline with a pyrometer so you know you are not overheating the center (indicates the tire is bulging) and then keep raising pressure until the center temp measurement gets out of whack (varies by tire, driveline, car, etc.) and note where that point is, in regards to tire roll. At that point, whenever you take it out on the track, you up the pressure until you get the same amount of roll as indicated by the polish, and there you have it, optimized tire pressure. Of course, this isn't taking many other variables into account (esp. under vs oversteer), but you get the idea...

31. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Chong,
    I have just the stock set up. But I think I might have to go with OEM replacements from like NAPA or something because Axxis might warp my rotors.....depending if I stand on my brakes after hard stops....

Who has a temperature probe?

32. Musashi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

Chong,
    I have just the stock set up. But I think I might have to go with OEM replacements from like NAPA or something because Axxis might warp my rotors.....depending if I stand on my brakes after hard stops....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fuji,

Thats would be a good start, I dont think that Axxis would wope your rotors, but it does not matter. I dought that you will be needed to brake that hard at this event, but I could be wrong. ;) I tried to get Lang to comeout to another event, but so far no luck, I'd like to she if he can catch you around the track. The first time was very entertaining with his Stealth.

Hey did u get your drivers license yet? I dont wanna have to tell your sister you wrecked the family wagon! :D

C

ps. I'm sure you'll be fine out there!

33. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

ahahaha..fuji your mine.....im going....muhahahha....

34. Substeroo

Thanks Jordan and Christian. I'll change my brake fluid. To bad I won't have the SS-lines by then though. I know not to go over the recommended tire pressure max also. I also know that with heat, the pressure raises.

35. Substeroo

New blue brake fluid in.
    Car cleaned out.
    Cash in hand.
    Ready to race.
    :cool:

36. Musashi

I'll see ya at the Track, and Jordan is planing on coming, so go show him how its done }:)

37. Substeroo

38. Substeroo

Is this it?

1300 145th St E Rosemount, MN 55068

39. Musashi

40. Substeroo

Looks about right. See you around 4:30:cool:

41. yosmiley

Jordan, you should ask if Jonathan can come out and play... I wouldn't be surprise when Fuji in his 2.2 (140HP) 99 Subie Wagon walk all over his 1.8 (189HP) 2004 SC Benzo :D

I want someone on this board to give Fuji a run just for some good laugh... I guess those late night run at "O" pays off for Fuji eh? LOL

42. Musashi

Let me be the first to compliment Fuji, Lee, Noah and everyones else on this forum that came out tonight did a great job of driving at the event. I hope everyone had fun, cuz I definitely did, my Show Drift was achieved today! :D

43. yosmiley

Is there any pics or mpeg of your drift? would love to see it... I was at my kid's school play and wasn't able to make it. I'm glad everyone had fun.

Now let's all sign up for the Audi BIR event in Sept!

44. Substeroo

<font color="red"><font size="6"><font face="Impact">WOOOHOOO!!</font id="Impact"></font id="size6"></font id="red">

That was a ton of fun! I learned a whole lot and met some new, really nice people. Thanks to all who helped! Chong, Vic(for buying my games), Matt, my two girls of course, and everyone else.

I had a great time! Last night when we got home we watched video of me going around the track, It's cool to see how I handle the car and I can see where I need to improve(everywhere):I.

Fuji, Dania got some video of you on the track too. You were really smooth out there from what I saw. Good job!
    :D
    :cool:

45. Musashi

Vic,

I dont know if anyone got pix or vid's give most of my fun was done way before the event got started, like when Llew asked me to drive around and checkout the course, we(Sara)went around the track at about 60% full, well not really, how about as fast as my stock tires would allow, :D, anyway when we first got into my car, I had put my seatbelt on and I looked over at Sara and was think'n your pretty hard if your not going to put your belt on, little does she know she is sitting w/Mushashi. After the first lap, I see her struggle to put her belt on at the shikan. So after the second lap I slowed down enough so she could put on her belt.

If you look at the track map, I did my Show Drift on the top left corner of the track, w/ my left hand out the window, there was people at that corner outside the fence cheering me on each time I came there, and was going sideways on the middle right part of the track. I was able to get two checkrides done and the last one was with Noah, and of course these stock tires really sucked because I my tires were the only ones screaming like a little girl out there, but it was entertaining for the crowd to watch, we even ended up with three wheels off the track almost spunout at turn three (middle right) after trying to correct the side drift.

There was a nice FD, one of my track friends car that was throwing some very nice 5ft flames out of its exhaust around the track.

Enjoy.

C