Add OEM Heated Seats/Mirrors

Discussion in 'DIY Instructables' started by babiker712, Feb 21, 2011.

1. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how/how difficult it would be to add heated seats/mirrors to a third-gen legacy that did not come with them? I have the seats, I'm mostly interested in the wiring aspect. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

You will need door harnesses, and floor harnesses. Better off going aftermarket on the seats, and just dealing with the mirrors, I have heated mirrors on my trib, they really arent anything special.

3. babiker712

Did you add them yourself? How difficult was it to find/install the door harnesses?

4. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

tribecas come with them if you get the winter package. I had the heated mirrors, they are nice here and there, but what is the cats meow is the heated wiper parking... no more iced up wiper blades!!!

Windchaser likes this.
  5. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I have added heated seat elements and coupled them with factory switches a couple of years ago in our 03 Rex. Wasn't too difficult. My challenge was getting it wired correctly to key switch power.

6. mbandit

mbandit Member

I have some mint black leather heated seats...drivers, and rear seats from a 2000 outback limited. then I also have the heated windshield, and mint black painted heated mirrors for sale for cheap. email me if you are interested.

7. babiker712

What would be required to make Outback Mirrors work in the Legacy? I know awhile back I stumbled across a DIY on this, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. I can only find DIY on adding the folding power JDMs and going with aftermarket heaters. I'm toying with the idea of getting the mirrors from mbandit and adding LED turn signals. The LED is straight forward, but I need to know what I need to do to make the mirrors work. If i recall, there was something about a door harness or switch being needed from the outback.

8. babiker712

For further clarification, I'm wondering if I could do THIS install guide: http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16941&start=0 without the harness, just by buying heated factory mirrors (outback), of the same generation on my LGT.

9. babiker712

10. babiker712

Did you splice into the cigarette outlet power?

11. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

No, I went to a large blue wire, that was key switch power only , by the under dash fuse box.

12. paved

paved New Member

I had to replace a heated mirror on my 07 Ltd. and it came pre-wired. I forgot which website I bought from (might have been eBay even) but it was plug and play. If you could get those bought, just have to run the wires. (I make it sound easy like I've done that, sorry not much help).
    Sorry didn't notice this was from Jan.

13. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Bottom line, its going to be more work than its worth. I think the OP figured that out.