Advance Car Control Clinic Aug 1, 2004

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, May 26, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

http://www.northstarbmw.com

Title: Advanced Car Control Clinic
    Description: http://www.northstarbmw.org/drivingschools.aspx
    Advanced Car Control Clinics - These are (relatively) low speed events designed to teach braking, cornering, and general car handling in a safe environment. We set up slalom, braking, emergency lane-change, and cornering exercises and then a 1-mile course combining skills learned. These clinics are great for: * New drivers (must have a valid license or drivers permit - under 18 must have a signed parental consent) * New car - get used to that new car (or tires or suspension) in a safe environment * Refresher - every other year wouldn't hurt any driver; we forget the basics, we get sloppy. This is a tune up! * Preparatory - we require one of these courses before going to one of our Performance Driving Schools for the first time.

Vic or anyone else interested, feel free to join me, its only $100.00, my wife and I had a great time last weekend at their Women's Adv car control Clinic, very will organized.

C

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Kool info... please do let me know when you guys are attending any coming event.

3. Musashi

Vic,

To be honest this might be the only event I'll be doing this year, unless Alan Murry does a training class w/AARRF. I dont plan on running at any events for awhile, I'm gonna Simma down for awhile! If Pang was not pregnant I know she would have alot of fun doing this event.

C

4. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Vic,

To be honest this might be the only event I'll be doing this year, unless Alan Murry does a training class w/AARRF. I dont plan on running at any events for awhile, I'm gonna Simma down for awhile! If Pang was not pregnant I know she would have alot of fun doing this event.

C
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Pang is sitting out this racing season. I'm still trying to find an event that won't coincide with my schedule so I can attend it. I'll wait to see if the Vette or Vintage club will do BIR this year... I know AARRF won't let me run BIR with out getting enough track time so I'll just wait.

5. Musashi

6. Musashi

Vic,

This one is also very tempting for me, I would love to go back to MAM.

C

The Cedar Rapids Sports Car Club is running at MAM again on June 27th and I am wondering if AARRF wants to join with them to get more cars there.

Details below:
    The Cedar Rapids Sports Car Club is sponsoring two track dates at the Mid-America Motorplex road course in Council Bluffs for a day of driving excitement. You get to drive your car on a real racetrack and improve your skills in a safe controlled environment.
    Cost to participate is only $100 for the day. This is a lightly
    organized function, however there will be people available
    to ride with you if you aren’t comfortable by yourself.
    Please note: this is not a race and passing is only allowed when signaled by the front driver.
    Requirements are simple:
    1. Your car must be in good condition – fresh brake fluid, good brake pads and rotors, good tires and suspension, etc.
    2. Convertibles should have either a hardtop in place or a rollbar.
    3. Driver must wear a Snell rated helmet.
    4. A fire extinguisher must be mounted within reach of the driver.

Events are scheduled for May 24th and June 27th 9am-3pm. Last year’s events saw many types of cars including a Camaro, 3000gt, 911 twin turbo, Miata, 944 turbo, 325is, M3, S2000, Stealth, Z06 and a Ferrari 328. All models are welcome.
    To sign up or ask questions, talk to Jeff at European Motors, Ltd 319-393-8496 or Brian Bunting, the event's organizer, at [email protected]

7. yosmiley

That is very tempting }:), Thanks for the info.