ah....my car is totaled

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by billylee0000, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Interesting, yet strange. I can certainly see this perspective, especially after looking at the damage pics.

To have that much front end damage, you'd REALLY need to get nailed from behind pretty hard, especially if the car was rolling on the freeway.

Either way, I've felt this was somewhat fishy from the get go.

2. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that.

3. Topher

Topher Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to say anything either. But the front end sure looks gnarly. Usually if a car is hit from behind first and then pushed forward then the front end of the car is less beat up.

So the car he hit must have been going significantly slower (or completely stopped) than the car he was pushed into.

But yeah, I don't know the whole story nor did I see it so I won't speculate, but I tool thought it was odd that the front was so badly beat and the rear not and with an offset damage vs head on.

It's like the WRX smashed into a car, the car following was too close, tried to slow down, couldn't, swerved to try to avoid and hit the back end...hence the damage being offset vs. centered.

4. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I've got a tip for you in my pocket, but my arthritis is acting up... Why don't you just go ahead and reach on in there for it?

5. billylee0000

billylee0000 Well-Known Member

i guess we gotta clear some things up lol..if u guys didn't catch it a while back brian shorten pointed out it was a WMC car..fuji looked over my car and said that my car had front end damage before i had gotten it. now..with that into account...if u look at the damage on the rear end..take into consideration that the car was hit at an angle. the car being hit at an angel+weighing twice as much as a wrx creates a lot of force..even if it could be that the driver behind me was going 20 mph or lower. my buddies keep talking about the physics of this which kinda got into my head a little bit lol...damn geeks hahaha.

6. billylee0000

but i also understand that POV as well :biggrin: i'll tell u guys after class what has happened to the car.

7. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

that's either one of two things
    someone that wanted to play devil's advocate and not get flamed
    a cop or a lawyer or something stupid and they should get off our board

8. wall of tvs

Well with whatever happened, it's a ****ty situation. Best of luck getting everything sorted out.

At least you didn't get hurt. :)

9. Topher

Topher Well-Known Member

WMC is buying it back from you. Completely "fixing" it and selling it to Taras?

Yeah, we already knew. I am sure he will start a thread that ends up being 1,900 posts long.

:biggrin:

10. billylee0000

hahaha insurance bought it from us so it could end up with WMC again hahaha...

11. bummpy

bummpy New Member

I saw your car yesterday on a flatbet on my way home.

I thought that was kind of funny.

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Did you keep the Prodrives at least?

13. billylee0000

the prodrives are gone :emo:

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Do you know where they might have taken it? It they part it and the wheels are still ok, I'll buy them.

15. Always Watching

Always Watching New Member

No, it's "Always Watching" because I have lurked here for several years, always watching, and never posting.

So here how it goes. I found this site because I was looking for information about my vehicle. I drive a 1999 Subaru Forester. No, it's not your STi, and I don't have it suped up with aftermarket extras, bells, whistles, and do-dads. I do not participate in rally racing, nor do I street race. I keep my vehicle at or as close to the posted speed limit as I reasonably can. I am here because my Subaru is reliable, and I like it.

I consider myself a little older that the rest of you sound. Let's just say I am old enough to have ridden the LSD train with The Doors when most of your parents were still learning their ABC's in grammar school. Keep in mind though - With age comes experience - With experience comes wisdom - With wisdom comes a mind open to possibilities.

I finally broke my silence because I was once involved in a situation very similar to billylee0000's. Only I was not the middle vehicle - I was the 3rd vehicle. The first car in the lineup made an abrupt stop. Car number two crashed car number one, and (admittedly because I was following two closely) I crashed into vehicle number 2 after a quick swerve to try and avoid the accident. The damage looked almost identical.

Driver #2 was insistent that I had crashed her first, and that I had pushed her into vehicle #1. Vehicle #1 did not want to admit to the quick stop (and being the cause of the accident), so when the police showed up and talked to driver #1 (a 40 year old male) and driver #2 (an elderly female) and then myself (being a 20's year old male with long hair, a tie died tee-shirt and a muscle car with Pink Floyd in the eight track) - who do you think they believed? It was very frustrating for me that the officer would not even acknowledge that the accident COULD have happened the way I explained it.

So when I saw the pictures, and read the description, and started seeing how everyone was agreeing that the billylee0000's version of the story HAD to be the ONLY way the accident could have occurred, the flashbacks started hittin' me hard. I felt I needed to question those that did not witness the accident on just how they KNEW what happened (withing having been there).

Now that the intro is over, I'll rant a bit.

Shame on some of you. While I do acknowledge that a couple of you "welcomed" me - it was followed with quick doubt about my intentions.

Why is it exactly that when someone asks a legitimate question in a respectful manner that they are somehow viewed as a bad-guy?

What is that? His first post, and he had the gall to pose a question to the group? Wow, this is really fishy. Quick someone run an IP check please. Is this Herbert? With a gay name like this, it has to be a pedophile trying to flame the post...

Maybe it should be shame on me then, huh?

Hey all you "Subie Dudes" and "Subie Masters"... Remember this... You were once a "Subie Newbie" too.

Now that I have proven that I am not a "one and only poster", I'll vacate the microphone and soap box, sit back and allow you all to return to the stage and voice your additional doubts about me, run an IP check, credit check, and fingerprint scan.

Please realize that this old hippie does not need, nor does he deserve this type of treatment. I have lived long enough and been though enough in my life to not feel as I do now. It's just bad juju and negative karma. I spent a lifetime avoiding those things, and I am not about to get on and ride that snake now my friends.

Maybe my "gay" screen name is more meaningful that I realized. Perhaps you are all better off if I am "Always Watching" instead of posting.

Once again, billylee0000 - Good luck with your car.

On that note, I will leave you with a chance to let you grasp your minds around my thoughts.

I'll thank you, and wish you all a good night.

This is the end beautiful friend.
    This is the end. My only friend, the end.
    - James Douglas Morrison (1943-1971)

16. wall of tvs

Welcome, fellow old dude. Now ride the snake some more and don't take things too seriously around here.

17. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

what can I say.... wow... guess some of that LSD fried some of your happy/humor cells...

yes that was a joke...

welcome.. lighten up.. and remember.. this club is full of mid to low 20 yr olds mostly so expect things not to be like the 60s or 70s.... there is way more smack talk then you would expect...

Good to have someone with some maturity on here.. post more.. give more advice... we can all learn.. I am 33yrs old and some would think 18 by a lot of my posts.. I am on here for fun... hang out... talk smack nicely... some (most) on here just arent as serious or take things so personally I guess...

again.. welcome.. and besides the titles under the name means nothing... just means some of us have whored the forum more then most... right Taras

18. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Yes, don't get so offended. And an intro in the "Newbs intro thread" may have kept the suspicions down.

Anyways, welcome, and even though I'm too young to have attended a Doors concert, I am a big fan. One of my favorite bands of all time!

19. wall of tvs

That's a stretch. It's more like 15. :p

20. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Well I know how you like your boys younger.. I was scared and said 18 to get you off my back.. literally ;)

21. blackozone

So I will quote your original post and play devil's advocate for you: This post comes off as trying to put billylee on the defense right away. Though this MIGHT not be your intentions, it IS how your tone is coming across as. Also, a lot of people will get paranoid when this is your first post. As my daddy taught me, you should give a proper Christian introduction before conducting business (He really didn't, but it sounded good in my head). In no way should you feel like I'm calling you out, but I wanted to try and explain where some of the reactions might be coming from. I'm completely with you on thinking of other angles. By the way, some of these guys are right about the younger kids, there's a lot of smack talk. My suggestion is to just take it with a grain of salt, everyone here is relatively dry with the sarcasm.

22. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

wow, just wow

23. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Yoooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

24. Frogy

Frogy Well-Known Member

you should give a proper Christian introduction before conducting business

get a sense of humor

some of us here are atheists

25. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

Always Watching: your first post definitely made you sound a lot like an insurance adjuster, claim person or dealership employee. A sentence or two of explanation could have made a lot of difference. Nobody is witch hunting here though, enjoy your time on the site, hope you find some info thats useful.

26. wall of tvs

I was actually thinking that it was possibly the person who hit billylee0000 and ran.

27. Topher

Topher Well-Known Member

It's a saying. It doesn't imply that you are Christian.

28. blackozone

Thanks Topher. Actually, it's a joke since A)One thing my dad certainly didn't teach me is religion B)He isn't conducting business and C)I like pushing buttons. They light up and do stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.