Alignment shop suggestion?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Loring, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Loring

Loring Active Member

I have a 2011 WRX that has started leaking power steering fluid so I was going to bring it over to Morries Minnetonka. They had looked at it a few weeks back when i was getting my passenger side claymore mine replaced with an actual airbag, but the leak was so minimal at the time I was told to just keep an eye on it. Now it's worse so I'm thinking it might need a new steering rack, but they had mentioned to me since the car is lowered that they didn't know if they would be able to align it afterwards. I'm curious if anyone knows of a local shop (Minneapolis) that could do an alignment on a lowered car still, or if maybe there is just a better overall option than Morries these days that i should just be considering for the repairs too. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Jeff the alignment guy or else Samaritan tire for alignments

RexNEffect, predavore and Loring like this.
  3. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I use North Country Tire & Service on Hwy 65 in Blaine. They just did a steering rack for me a couple months ago. Great service, competitive pricing.

4. Loring

Loring Active Member

Thanks for that I'll try giving them a call this weekend to see what they think they can do it for.

5. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Jeff the Alignment Guy... schedule it... show up early... stay out of his way while he works his magic. Drive home in a basic car with a road course worthy alignment. Winning.... I've had him do each of my cars. He only requires a touch up when it's necessary. Like hitting a pothole or finding bad tire wear. Once he's done his magic to my car, I haven't had to go back for a couple years and that's just for a check up because I'm picky.

BroCo likes this.
  6. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

I second Samaritan. I go to them for all my wheel and tire needs. Used to use discount but most just burned my clutch. The guys at Samaritan knew what they were doing and talked to me about my build and were knowledgeable about it all.

7. SaggyWagon

SaggyWagon Well-Known Member

Anyone have their price quotes for the mentioned shops? Trying to compare them to the big names like Discount, Firestone, etc.

8. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

Samaritan is $89.99