Am I Allowed Top Say F U To A Dealership?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by frichdan, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

I think you hit it on the head. I see this happen every day, whether it's at work, at a restaurant, or at a retail store. It seems like someone is always getting treated causticly, just because of age or appearance.

A little respect and nice treatment go a long way.

2. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

So your the guy...Bill (Service Manager) vented to me about this issue...lol

3. frichdan

frichdan New Member

The $2000 Quote they told me over the phone was just for Clutch and Labor, he didn't say that covered anything else.

The $1100 quote was over phone too and was Clutch and Labor, local guy said about 5 hours, Dealership didn't say how long it'd take.

Anyone replace a clutch before? Is 5 hours about right?

4. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I'll keep the story to myself...from what I hear it didn't turn out the way Dan mentioned it...I will not say anymore =X

5. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

If it is just the clutch replacement...it's pricey...but again...I'm in sales so I don't see this everyday...suprise y didn't u go to the $1100 quote?

6. frichdan

frichdan New Member

I did go to the local shop for $1100... that's why I picked up my car on Monday, what I was was for the engine check they did.

7. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

gotcha...would make sense to go there for $900 difference...I might have misread somewhere...didn't see u mention that, thought u had everything done at the dealership

8. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

:eek3: with $478/month insurance on a 5 yr old car I would be upset about another claim too.

9. dman

dman New Member

Like I said, If I were you, I'd write to the SofA about $2k quote for a clutch job. This ain't right and SofA will have smth to say about it as well. Service prices like that drive people away from Subarus and SofA hates that.
    5-6 hours on a relatively new car sounds about right.

10. frichdan

frichdan New Member

Just a quick one, not pissed here, but...

My story is Obviously not what he told you. He needed to sound justified to the cops and his boss. He not going to say he provoked me, treated me like a kid, was cold to everything, I know he can't say the dealership is sorry, but he can say he's sorry that snit had happened... no, he said, its happened before, too bad. I'm pretty sure that as soon as I left he went off on everything I did and didn't do so he wouldn't get yelled at for having 3 cop cars there. I know I do that when I break it off with a girl, even if I'm the @ss, I want to justify that I'm right so I can live with myself being a **** to her. That part's human nature.

But, did I not admitted that I was angry, I said I cussed him out.. ONCE. Maybe he forgot the part were I sat in my car almost 90% of the time venting to myself or parents cause I'm not normally one to let my head fly off. All the while they were jokin about it in the drop off spot. He wasn't out there when they were doing that part i think cause I think he was looking at the tapes or something. And yes, I'm still calm here.. lol

11. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

well think of it this way.... takes about 3-4hrs to do an up-pipe dp install if ALL goes smoothly... then think about removing front axles, removing tailshaft, crossmember, transmission, then removing the clutch,the reinstalling above said parts... not so bad now huh.... :)

12. frichdan

frichdan New Member

LOL and this is turning into a HUGE POST! HAHA Thanks everyone for your posts whether you hate me or agree with me.. :p

13. frichdan

frichdan New Member

The $478 is the under 25 male and two accidents that are coming off next month I believe... then it's FINALLY DOWN to about $200.. give or take..

14. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

you a friends of Taras??? ha ha ha

15. frichdan

frichdan New Member

Tara who? from DT? I know a lot of Tera's, but Tara?

16. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I wonder if this situation would have been the same in another Subaru Dealership...:cool: probably end up with 10 cops...lol haha jk

17. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

my friends car got jacked at BP Subaru, but that didn't stop me from going there lol

I took my car in to WBL Subaru and got my clutch replaced (under warranty whoowoo), nothing happened to my car
    *guess I got lucky*

18. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

$600 parts for a WRX clutch is ALOT. Cripes, I can get a really nice aftermarket setup for my 6MT for that much.

19. Ghost

Ghost New Member

They quote me for $1500, clutch and flywheel plus labor. Yosmiley recommends Bikerboy to me, so when I have the money, that's where I'm going. Something funny to add, I won't name names but a Subaru DLR replaced my timing belt, called me back and said the water pump was leaking. "And when we say 'Leaking' not drips, really leaking." I had just enough for the STi TB but not enough for WTR pump. So they fixed the TB. It's been 16000 miles, no leaks. Radiator still full, however it got a little hot this winter, I notice one of the fan was disconnected, plugged it back, car is fine.---My two cents.

20. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

I paid about $750 for labor of install of clutch and flywheel alone at Whitebear. I was quoted the same at other dealerships. I had my own clutch and flywheel. This is before I knew Bikerboy so I didn't know to go to him.

21. stylinsti

stylinsti Guest

Why did you leave your car at the dealer for 4 nights in the first place? Seems to me, if you had picked it up Thursday or Friday, this sad situation never would have happened.

22. bluebaru06

bluebaru06 New Member

Does anyone here know what the level of liability is for the dealership with cars on their lot? I assume they have to have some kind of insurance that covers break ins or damage caused while on thier lot etc. since they are taking possesion of your car while they are doing work on it.

23. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

Mr. Frich,
    Its time I set the record straight. You were never Quoted $2000.00 to replace your clutch. The clutch replacement would be 1300.00 plus tax which would include a flywheel. We might have stated that amount to repair the car overall with all of the aftermarket engine mods that were causing your driveability issues, but not the clutch alone.

Second, Maybe you did not notice my actions after you stated your car was broken into, i was upset because it had happenend. I applogized immediatly several times while i was sitting in your car looking at the damage. We have been trying to get the a-hole for a while now. We have pictures of him and his vehicle, I have also told the police when he comes. I am not sure what else I can do but stay here every weekend. We have spent 25,000.00 for a new security system because of these type of thefts.

Third, every car dealership or repair faciclty you go to will have the same discosure statement regarding responsibilty of theft or damage to your vehicle while in their care. Unfortunately it has to be that way. We cannot be responsible for every fruitcake around here that wants a stereo.

I would have attempted to help you more until you pulled an attitude with me when i was explaining the proceedure. From that point on I was done with the conversation and I called Johnny Law to assist. I am truly sorry this happened to you and I would not wish this upon anybody.

24. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Ouch.

25. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

*hold'in breath =X

26. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

don't explode...its your birthday.

27. LeighRacin

LeighRacin New Member

Sorry gentlemen,

I had to vent slightly. It was just a crappy situation all together.

28. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Well, this should liven things up a bit...

Always nice to get both sides of a story.

29. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

see, it isnt just BP that gets broken into...

30. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I had the same exact thing happen to me at Bloomington Subaru. The best part is that the camera's don't work in the back and they aren't gonna do anything to help with the damage costs. They used a screwdriver on my passenger side door and my trunk.

31. ej20

ej20 Well-Known Member

I did actually said F U to a Dealer B4. I was checking out an AUDI S4 at a small dealer shop somewhere West of the Citys on hwy 12. It was a Sunday and I just call to check if they're open. Dude said its closed. 10mins later he said If i want to see the car then he could stop by quick, yea QUICK? So he came(i didn't ask him too). I test drive the car for about 1 mile. Dude called me on my cell saying I gota come back b/c he gota take his wife to Hospital too. So i turn back, not knowing how good the car actually runs when its warm(it was B4 winter and only about 2mins warming up). I got back and dude said What do i think about it. Sure I like it but I want to talk about the price and another test drive. Dude saids no he's not gonna drop the price more then that. I ask him once more to talk about the price another time. Dude just told me and my dad to GET OUT, GET OUT OF HERE. Piss me off right away I said "FINE, FU*K YOU THEN. Rip his CARD infront of his Fu*ken face. Threw it on the ground of his Entrance office.

well, I didn't ask him to come. Thats his problem that he came. I just wanna see the car in person. Its not my problem that his wife gota go the the Hospital. If he gota take his wife to the Hospital Why come? Dont be so fu*cken stupid. Anyways thats my worse car buying experience.

32. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Some sales people just do not know how to act professional, usually they are sewer rats dressed in a 3 peice suit...but what's the difference between them and cigarette executives? I guess they just make more $$$ :roll:

33. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

That's fantastic.

34. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Congrats, you win the unsympethetic ******* of the day award. :roll:

35. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

that little hole in the wall dealer is a POS, always has been always will *auto brokers* or some ****

36. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

truth, they tend to be shady little operations most of the time. sleeze balls describe them best IMO

37. ShortytheFirefighter

So, to sum it up:

1. You called a car dealer on a Sunday to see if they're open? WTF are you smoking?
    2. The dealer came in ON HIS DAY OFF to show you the car.
    3. Dealer has to take wife to the hospital for unknown medical reason, cutting your test drive short.
    4. Dealer tells you he's not willing to negotiate on price, so you ask him to drop the price again. Dealer tells you to leave since you're wasting his time and he's got a wife to take to the hospital, plus you're apparently not getting the hint that he's not dropping the price even though he's said it twice already.
    5. You throw a major league hissy.

Did I miss anything?

38. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

he ripped up the card in his face.

39. ShortytheFirefighter

Covered under the "major league hissy" category ;)

40. dmiwa

dmiwa New Member

haha! I love it. I would do something like that!
    well actually probably not. They always drop the price for me! :)

41. scott1k

scott1k New Member

I work in the insurance/legal profession so I have a bit of knowledge about this. Legally, the dealer is responsible for your car while it is in their custody. The legal term is bailment. A bailment was created when they took full control and custody of your vehicle. Another requirement is both parties benefit from the bailment. You benefit by getting your car repaired and they benefit by taking your money. The dealers garage keepers policy would cover this. All the disclaimer language on the work order is basically designed to discourage you from making a claim. Most courts have ruled that this type of language is invalid because you had no choice in the matter.

They may argue that they cannot be responsible for the criminal actions of others or that it was an unforseable risk. If they have never had a car broken into on their lot then maybe that would be a valid argument. However, I'd bet they have had countless cars broken into over the years.

So, make a claim in writing to the dealer. I would also request in writing that they provide you with their insurance carrier information (they have to provide it to you by law).

42. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Wow, dude just made an account to make this post.... I'm impressed.

43. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

He signed up in May and the thread wasn't created until June.

Perhaps he owns a time machine?!? :eek4: :p

44. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Probably my astute powers of perception failing me!

45. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

:biggrin::laugh::biggrin::laugh::biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.