Another Swap, project Starbuck (aka Kara)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by DoughtCom, Jul 28, 2014.

1. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

How I haven't ever read through this entire thread is beyond me! Like I said when I was speaking with you the other day, I faintly remember reading bits and pieces a couple/few years back. I spent a couple free hours of my day at work today (don't tell the boss man) reading through this entire thread. It really is interesting seeing some of the similarities between our builds and even some of your thought process as you went along.

That Aeroism kit is the holy grail of 22b kits. TOP NOTCH! So jealous. Much want...

We MNSubaru-ites need some updates on this beauty :D

Kara and Lola need to meet.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Photo shoot, nekkid

joebush44 likes this.
  3. DoughtCom

DoughtCom Well-Known Member

Well I have to admit, I thought I was coming to a close on this project but then Joe had to come and heat things up again. His build is legit! Seeing him get 3rd place at the car show on Sunday too made me realize, perhaps people do like these cars other than just us few. So here's the update. I plan on adding to this build thread, as well as my facebook page this Summer as we're now entering phase three of this long ass project.

Firstly I'll introduce you to "Bernie the Bugeye," my latest project. Perhaps I'll start a build page for that as well. It was a project designed to hang out with people, but no one showed up and it ended up being me cussing alone (as usual) in my garage most of last Summer. So it's been kind of a sore spot. But that project should be wrapping up soon.

[​IMG]

joebush44 and phi11 like this.
  4. DoughtCom

This year's plans starting immediately:
    • New HID projector retrofit. I never liked how the looked in the past but I found something that gave me a car chubby, I'll post the pic below and where I'm at with the project. Long story short I figured out through a few hours of research (including going to a dealership with a tape measurer) this guy used a 2015+ impreza DRL upgrade, it's dope... that's all I'll say.
    • In the same pic as an example, I found that this dude is running Jeep upgraded HID/LED headlights as his fogs. I think it looks badass, I don't know if it will look good on my car, but there's only one way to find out.
    • Backup camera, to adhere to the "modern car feel" theme I have going... I've had the camera on the shelf for over a year now.
    • @joebush44 and I were talking today and he made me finally come to terms that I have a GC tank. The first step is overcoming denial. Anyway I have a Holley Hydramat ready to be installed along with the adapters, etc needed. This should make it work 1000% better and gets rid of the need for a surge tank.
    • Last night I ordered an 1.5XT-R twinscroll, 1050cc injectors and an AEM320 pump. My tuner thinks over 400AWHP is achievable easily, we will see on the 30th :)
    • I've had TSSFab's tubular subframes for almost a year and I'm finally going to do what's needed and swap them to shave off some more weight.
    • While I'm doing that, I'm redoing my engine bay. Joe's engine bay makes me sad about mine, so I'm going to clean things up and repaint it along with some fab work I've been thinking about.
    • And last but definitely not least. September I'm driving to Subiefest and then heading over to Renner to have them finally install my Aerosim kit that's been doing nothing but irritating Lindsey.
    On to the pics y0. Also I'm using img.ur now, so in a year they won't be dead. Which I spent an hour fixing as many of the old ones as I could tonight. Ugh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

TMF, MilkyDaddy, joebush44 and 2 others like this.
  5. DoughtCom

See I already forgot one thing... I plan on deleting my rear seat and replacing it with an easily removable custom sub enclosure I'm designing so I can pull it out easily for track days. In place of the seat and integrated with the enclosure, I'm working out the details but will create a block off plate from this stuff. It's basically a plastic version of cardboard. Very light and easy to work with. Some food for thought.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

IMG_7940.GIF

Looking forward to this!

7. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

We need updates Shawn!