Any Southeast / Rochester peeps?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by rskm1, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm a recent Suby owner (a riced-up electron blue 00 RS coupe).
    Wondering if anybody else from Rochester is on here...

I've seen a BRP 00-01 RS coupe on the Clements Chev lot; I tried to buy it from them but it was just in for repairs.
    I also spotted a silver 00-01 RS coupe driven by a tall brunette. (didn't get a good look; too busy checking out the car! ;) )

There's a customized rally-blue 04-05 I saw (and heard!) once too. (sweet wing!)

The Impreza is a surprisingly rare car around here, considering the fact that you can't even SPIT without hitting an Outback.

Anyways, if anybody else from Rochester is on here, say howdy!
    And if you've got a GC and need stock replacement parts, the previous owner of mine included most of them, and they're just sitting around in my garage. (brake rotors, taillights, wings, complete exhaust, complete intake)

2. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Congrats on ur new car, and welcome...Does ur 2.5rs have an aem intake, borla headers, and greddy exhuast...

3. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one! Do you know Soua?? (prev owner)

I'm pretty sure this is the only Electron Blue RS anywhere... since that's a Honda color :eek:

I probably paid too much for it, but truth be told, I liked all the mods (and the fact that it wasn't slammed).
    Except for the wheels. 17" Tenzo-R Mean-6's are the wrong offset for a Suby and the tires were way too small, so those will be getting sold.

Then I'm gonna "rice 'er up" some more, with wild side graphics and matching white wheels. Yeah yeah, I know, go ahead and poke fun at me; it didn't stop me from flaming my 78 Impala or rally-striping my Caprice.
    :cool:

4. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

No I don't know soua, but I did go and check it out and test drove it, I came close to buying it, but as u said he asked for alot for it and I noticed a couple of things about it that I did not like, ( and persoanlly I preferr the four door over the 2 door) but overall it is a good car, and u have to remember the 40000miles which is nothing really, basically it was barly used.....

Mohammad

5. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

wanna trade those stock tailights for some smoked euros? im trying to get away from the rice look, also want some projector headlights? trade you for stockers

6. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i spent too much time in that friggin hospital down there.

7. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TheGC8

No I don't know soua, but I did go and check it out and test drove it, I came close to buying it, but as u said he asked for alot for it and I noticed a couple of things about it that I did not like, ( and persoanlly I preferr the four door over the 2 door) but overall it is a good car, and u have to remember the 40000miles which is nothing really, basically it was barly used.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    The best $25 I ever spent was doing a title check on that car. It was purchased in CT, *totalled* in Texas with 16K miles on it, rebuilt in Indiana, and retitled in New Mexico.

Knowing all of this (and being aware of the fact that no insurance company will give you book value if you total a car that had *already* been salvaged), I took it to both a mechanic and a body/frame straightening place for inspections, before I bought it.

The Texas accident must've been a massive rearender, since they spliced the back half of a red RS onto it (car was originally silver). But they did a decent job, since the measurements were well within factory spec, and it doesn't "dogleg" or anything.

Like you, I would've preferred a sedan to a coupe, but the other cars I had my eye on were still bone stock, AND either really high mileage or in the $15K neighborhood. This baby already had 90% of the mods I was planning on doing myself anyway. Some of them were done poorly, like the taillights being held in with scotch tape and the tinfoil headlight seal(!). But most of those I've already fixed, with a $6 part from the dealer or a bit of elbow grease. Properly mounting the wing is taking me a bit longer, but it won't flop around at highway speeds when I'm done with it.

So when people sneer at my ricey graphics and say "You've ruined a beautiful stock Suby!!", they'll be wrong, because I ruined two reconnected pieces of beautiful stock Subies, hahahahaha!

8. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

I am really happy that u knew the history of that car before u bought it, Personally I was going to take it to get it checked first but I don't think I would of bought the carfax because the guy said it was clean, and if I found out that it was salveged I would have really been pissed of, but anyways that is really good u know all that about it...I look forward to seeing ur ricey stickers...:D
    ..I want big stickers too;)...

9. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

Hey rskm1!
    I am in Rochester too. Have a 04 STi with a few mods. I think saw your car the other day in town. Love that car, congrats on the purchase. Send me a note if you want to compare cars sometime.

10. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

wanna trade those stock tailights for some smoked euros? im trying to get away from the rice look, also want some projector headlights? trade you for stockers<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Definitely a "no" on the headlights; the headlights are one of the things I like most about the GC.

Taillights are a "maybe", but I've never seen smoked euros. Are these Altezza's that you tinted yourself, or what?

11. kwikrs

kwikrs New Member

i'm from roch to. i have a 99 rbp coupe. leibo do you work NW roch, i think i have seen your car a lot. very nice. Only a couple of rs's in town and most are owned by some old people.

12. Steve in Minnesota

Steve in Minnesota Well-Known Member

Here in Roch also.

'04 PSM Wagon with a few mods. Live up on the NE side of town by Century Highschool.

If anyone wanted to do a casual meet...I'd be in.

Steve

13. 2.5RS_Freek

2.5RS_Freek New Member

Rochester is really not that far away from St. Paul. If I have the day off and you'd like to put together a small meet or something, I'll definitely

14. 2.5RS_Freek

2.5RS_Freek New Member

Rochester is really not that far away from St. Paul. If I have the day off and you'd like to put together a small meet or something, I'll definitely drive down. I have a silver 2-door GC8.

15. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rskm1

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

wanna trade those stock tailights for some smoked euros? im trying to get away from the rice look, also want some projector headlights? trade you for stockers<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Definitely a "no" on the headlights; the headlights are one of the things I like most about the GC.

Taillights are a "maybe", but I've never seen smoked euros. Are these Altezza's that you tinted yourself, or what?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">correct

16. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Rochester Represent! ;)

Ive got the bone stock 2002 PS WRX. I am on 19th st. NW. and would love a meet!

17. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

So I drove 'er around today since it was so nice out, and rolled the odometer to 44,444 on 5/5/'05.

<- easily amused :p

I also shot some pics of my cardboard "fanglight" prototype stencils and updated my vbGarage over at rs25.com.
    http://www.rs25.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=6495
    So if you spot an abnormal blue GC8 around town, you won't have to wonder if it's me or not.

18. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Hey rob, u should post more pics here in mnsubaru.com...but I love those fangs...they look tight...

Mohammad

19. Steve in Minnesota

Sorry guys....I suggested a casual meet in Roch and then didn't subscribe to the **** thread.

Let's pick a date and time. I wanna meet some fellow enthusiasts and show off my new tint.

Steve

20. Herger

Herger Active Member

I'm in Rochester too. I think I've seen Steve before (on Viola Rd. perhaps). I don't have any tint to show off but I do have a kick ass (in my opinion, hehe) sub box/new trunk floor to show to somebody.

21. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Some places to think about (for the meet):

- Chateau/Cinemagic
    - Mall :(
    - Westfire/Friday's/some other restaurant
    - any suggestions?

22. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was trying to think of something else we might all have in common, but the only thing I know for sure is that we all DRIVE and EAT.

I'm keeping an eye out for the next local car show; maybe we could all park in the same place or something for that? Or just pick a night to meet up at the DQ on Broadway or something?

The regular restaurant or movie ideas sound good too; has everybody else seen Hitchiker's Guide already?

23. Steve in Minnesota

Herger

There is a darned good chance you have seen me on Viola road. I live up behind Century Highschool. I could drive Viola with my eyes shut.

Beloo

Like I hinted at above I live on the NE side, but I'm pretty darned flexible. Chateau would probably work great but I might also suggest as someplace central we could meet in the parking lot of Bicycle Sports off of Civic Center drive. Bob the guy who owns Bicycle Sports has an Evo and would probably get a kick out of us meeting there. If we were going to dine as part of this there are all sorts of places close. Perkins, Famous Daves, TGI Fridays, etc.

I work in Dodge Center so evenings or weekends work best for me.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Steve

24. Herger

Herger Active Member

Saturday nights??? (just not this Saturday, will be up in White Bear Lake).

25. kwikrs

kwikrs New Member

I think i saw you steve last night, i was up by century playing softball. Do you have dark tinted windows? Clean ride

26. Steve in Minnesota

Yeah, that was probably me. Just got them tinted this weekend. They're completely legal. 50% all the way around! :D
    I think it completely changed the character of my car.

27. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Werd!

I got mine tinted this weekend too. Midwest Auto Salon. 35% all around. totally not legal. :D

28. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

I am from rochester, at school in the cities though, i will be back tomorrow though, we should arrange a little rochester meet:)

Ben

29. Steve in Minnesota

beeloo

Mine are actually 35% front and 20% the rest. I got conned into it by the Tint guy. I think it looks awesome but I would have been totally satisfied with 35% all the way around.

30. Steve in Minnesota

All...

Ok! It's obvious we're just going to sit around and talk about starting a Rochester meet. It's obvious we're all all show and no go! :D

So here goes....I have a challenge!!!!!

Saturday, May 28th
    6:00 P.M.
    Chateau Theatres Parking Lot - Up against the cliff wall on the north edge of the lot.
    Nothing formal! Just a casual meet and greet!

I've never been to or started a meet but I'm willing to have a slightly stiffer spine than the rest of you and get the ball rolling! :D

Let's see how this goes and maybe we can make this a regular thing.

Steve

31. PHATsuby

why not this weekend? haha. I am down.

also, i think i passed someone on my way here, rskm1 were you driving on north 52 around 4:40pm? i think i saw you, i was going the other way.

anyways, i say meet this weekend:D if that works for others.

Ben

32. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

I had mine out on Tuesday, but not today (Weds).

Herger said he can't make it this Sat, and I'll be busy working for a big chunk of Sat evening too. [xx(]

So for this weekend, I'm gonna propose an impromptu SUNDAY-evening Broadway cruise.

Sunday 5/15/2005 - 7pm? DQ/TacoBell on Broadway?
    (any better ideas?)

33. PHATsuby

well, cruising broadway is stupid in my opinion, lol. but if we want to meet on broadway, thats cool.

Ben

34. beeloo

beeloo New Member

IMHO, cruising broadway would be cool if i was 15, but im much older. I am available Friday and sunday evening but not on sat :(

Chateau sounds good to me. Someone was also talking bout catching a movie, im cool with that as long as we are not watching XXX

Steve, that sucks that the tint guy conned you and your car looks meaner with a darker tint. :D

PS: I saw a black wrx on 19th st on Tuesday..

35. Herger

Herger Active Member

28th is probably a no-go for me, I'll likely be in Eden Prairie (I have a crappy work schedule that screws every other weekend up). The 21st would be good, does that work for anyone? Sunday evening might work out, depends on when I get home (I'm happy to meet, not really interested in cruising though :cool:).

36. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

*shrug* Cruising Broadway is strictly optional. I just thought it was a better idea than hanging out alone in a dark corner of a parking lot somewhere, wondering if anyone else is gonna show up.

On Broadway, I'll at least have some "scenery" to look at, and something to do (e.g. drive around) if I finish my Blizzard and nobody else has shown up yet. <font size="1">(Maybe I'm the only late, lazy slacker here, but I think it's overly optimistic to assume a bunch of people are going to show up exactly on-time for such an informal late-notice gathering.)</font id="size1">

I'm wide open to other ideas, but NOTHING is going to happen if people just keep saying "yeah, let's do something this weekend!" and don't even offer a suggestion about WHAT or WHERE.

So far, the only concrete plans (or even proposals) have been:
    5/15(Sun) 7pm - DQ/TacoBell on Broadway.
    5/28(Sat) 6pm - Chateau Theatre lot, north cliffside.

If ya don't like those, add some more!

37. PHATsuby

dont take offense man, people are just saying cruising broadway is Teh gay;) getting together would be cool though, i can really meet anytime this weekend, sunday up until 10pm(gotta watch rally of course).

28th is possible, i dont know if i will be around or what will be going on since its a bit off, but it could work. i actually like the idea of just sitting around cause then we can talk cars, which i thoroughly enjoy:)

Ben

38. beeloo

beeloo New Member

+1

PHATsuby
    "dont take offense man, people are just saying cruising broadway is Teh gay"

+1

5/28(Sat) 6pm - Chateau Theatre lot, north cliffside.

BTW, looks like I am not the 'only one' with a silver wrx.
    Steve
    Me
    Herger?
    ..more?
    If you guys are interested, there is a group buy in the Buy/Sell Services for getting the sideskirts painted. If there are more guys (2more) interested the price will be $100, it is at $135 now

39. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

BTW, looks like I am not the 'only one' with a silver wrx.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    ME too

40. Steve in Minnesota

The only reason I suggested the 28th is to give folks a chance to plan and because I have prior commitments the next two Saturdays. Selfish bastage aren't I? :cool:

I'm still down for the 28th. Just for shyts and giggles if I make it back in town this Saturday by 6:00 I'm going to go to Chateau and hang out for a little bit and see if anyone shows.

I'm going to pass on the cruising Broadway. Not dissing anyone's suggestions, just not my thing. I would definately be up for a
    weekend cruise somewhere, sometime. Up to Nelson, WI for lunch???

P.S. Growing up I always though Silver cars sucked! Now I think SILVER CARS RULE!!!! :D

Steve

41. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

dont take offense man, people are just saying cruising broadway is Teh gay;) getting together would be cool though, i can really meet anytime this weekend<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Heh heh, when I read my post it sounds really pissy, and I didn't mean it that way :I . I know whatcha meant, cruising is kinda lame and adolescent, and I'm certainly game for whatever activities anybody else suggests (as long as it fits into my schedule).

The "cruise" thing is just something to do if you're the only one in the DQ/TacoBell lot; ya might as well drive around, and when you go past that area and see that some other Subies have shown up, pull in and hang out.

---

Regarding that group-buy for sideskirt paint, the folks putting that deal together are all up in the TwinCities metro, right?
    There seem to be enough silver Subies right here in Roch to maybe do a group-buy of our own!
    I'll betcha the guy at Auto Refinishers Plus (6th Ave NW) could hook you up; he uses the good stuff (materials-wise) from Southern MN Auto Supply, and does really good work. (Caveat Emptor and all that, I don't get kickbacks, I'm just a past customer of his)

42. Herger

Herger Active Member

Just to complicate things further, my name is "Steve" as well and I have a silver wagon. I don't really want to go by "Steve #2" though (I know I've just cemented that name in all of your minds for the foreseable future, d4mn). I'm up for a Sunday lunch drive (just not this Sunday, I can do the next or probably a late lunch the one after). Sorry I can't commit on this Sunday but I just don't know when I'll be back in town, it could be early or it might be 8, unfortunately, I won't know until Sunday when I leave the cities.

Steve, I'll try and remember to stop by Chateau on my way out of town this Saturday. If I get out of town late, I might see you, if I get out early, I'll probably miss you. I could spray paint a huge "WRX" in the parking lot to prove I was there (well, probably not).

I'd invite everyone over to my house for a barbeque but my grill is borked and the house is a mess. Plus, my dog will try to sniff your crotch.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I just thought it was a better idea than hanging out alone in a dark corner of a parking lot somewhere, wondering if anyone else is gonna show up.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm now in the market for a new ass to replace the one I just laughed off.

43. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I am not in town this weekend but will stop by westfire/chateau Friday 5:30pm. If you are around, HOLLA!

44. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by beeloo

PS: I saw a black wrx on 19th st on Tuesday..
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

probably me since i live in that area.:) sorry i'm late to the party, haven't visited this site in a while and i'm new here. i might be willing to get together anywhere if my gf gives me any time to myself...

45. PHATsuby

bring your gf if she is hot.

alright fine i guess she can come even if she isnt hot.

jk;)(unless she is hot LOL)

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.