Any Southeast / Rochester peeps?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by rskm1, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beeloo

beeloo New Member

Obviously all her hot friends are also invited!;)

2. Steve in Minnesota

Steve in Minnesota Well-Known Member

Herger....what if we're into having our crotch sniffed? :D

You can be Steve H and I'll be Steve B. Or, it could be Cool Steve and Lame Steve. We'll let the others decide that you're Lame Steve.:D

Cool Steve B.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Herger

Just to complicate things further, my name is "Steve" as well and I have a silver wagon. I don't really want to go by "Steve #2" though (I know I've just cemented that name in all of your minds for the foreseable future, d4mn). I'm up for a Sunday lunch drive (just not this Sunday, I can do the next or probably a late lunch the one after). Sorry I can't commit on this Sunday but I just don't know when I'll be back in town, it could be early or it might be 8, unfortunately, I won't know until Sunday when I leave the cities.

Steve, I'll try and remember to stop by Chateau on my way out of town this Saturday. If I get out of town late, I might see you, if I get out early, I'll probably miss you. I could spray paint a huge "WRX" in the parking lot to prove I was there (well, probably not).

I'd invite everyone over to my house for a barbeque but my grill is borked and the house is a mess. Plus, my dog will try to sniff your crotch.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I just thought it was a better idea than hanging out alone in a dark corner of a parking lot somewhere, wondering if anyone else is gonna show up.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm now in the market for a new ass to replace the one I just laughed off.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Herger

I'm now in the market for a new ass to replace the one I just laughed off.

i think we just determined who the lame one is with a line like that.....lol.;)

Ben

4. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Herger (Steve#2)
    Steve, I'll try and remember to stop by Chateau on my way out of town this Saturday. If I get out of town late, I might see you, if I get out early, I'll probably miss you. I could spray paint a huge "WRX" in the parking lot to prove I was there (well, probably not).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Whoa, hang on, the Chateau gathering is for Saturday the 28th. (see bottom of page 2)

So, if you paint a big "WRX" on the lot this Saturday, you'd better use waterproof paint because nobody else is coming until the following Saturday. :p heh heh heh.

5. PHATsuby

i'll stop by THIS saturday if people go.

Ben

6. Steve in Minnesota

Thanks for the warning! :p

Sounds like we're going to be back from the cities. I'll try and stop too.

Cool Steve B.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

i'll stop by THIS saturday if people go.

Ben

7. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I was at cinemagic (yes i messed up) today at 5:15pm ish. Was playing some games on the phone when this 2003-2004 WRB WRX came into the parking lot and parked next to mine. Obviously, i thought it was someone from MNsubaru so I got out and introduced myself.

Well.. we talked for a min and then I asked what his online ID was and he goes.. huh?
    me: arent u from mnsubaru
    him: what is that?
    me: explained what mnsubaru is
    him: ohhhhh .. i just parked here because i saw another wrx
    me: well.. beeloo is my id come join the club
    him: I hosted a rally this year and i will host another in June. You should come.
    me: sweeeeeeeeeeet
    him: ok i gotta go to the movie..

'me' stayed in the parking lot with a smile for a while, took a picture of his car with mine (hopefully he will not mind) and left.

Looks like this club is going to grow fast!!

8. Herger

Herger Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

i think we just determined who the lame one is with a line like that.....lol.;)

Ben

Now that just hurts. On my way home tonight, I saw a black sedan and blue sedan both on 37th. Black one was close to the Hy-Vee, blue one was turning into the housing area across from the Chateau, both occured a bit after 8 pm. Also saw a blue wagon going north on 52 with a roof box and trailer, saw a blue STi on 37th this morning just after 8 am (yep, that makes 3 WRX's on 37th St. today). Finally, saw a black bugeye wagon at a camera store in Burnsville. It was just raining WRX's today.

I'll drive by Chateau tomorrow between 5 and 6 pm. I can stop for a bit if someone is there but can't hang around and wait if no one is there (sorry) because I have to get up to White Bear Lake as soon as possible.

9. LeiboSTi

LeiboSTi Well-Known Member

Wow, I have not had time to check the forums for a while. Glad to see I did not miss the meet. I will try to make it Sat the 28th. Is there still a plan for this Sunday?
    Brad

10. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

just realized the 28th is memorial day weekend, i'll be out of town. but i'll try to hit the other times/places everyone's mentioned. btw, we should go for a drive somewhere with curvy roads ;)

11. PHATsuby

Alright, so what is the official word? Is anyone showing up tonight and where and what time? we should check in if we are gonna go.:)

Ben

12. pbedroske

i'll try to hit the chateau tonight ~5pm???

13. Herger

Herger Active Member

[picard]Number 2

I'm officially out for tonight, I'm leaving at 3 today. Hopefully I can make the next one.

B, I'm not sure how to respond if you're into that :p

14. LeiboSTi

Daughter's ballet recital tonight, I'm out. Around tomorrow. What is the word on the 28th?
    Brad

15. PHATsuby

i'll swing by the lot around 6 probably, i am down for a meet tomorrow, but it would have to be earlier in the day, or at least done by 8, gotta watch family guy, then RALLY biatches!!

Ben

16. pbedroske

ok, i can make 6 instead. i have to see "kingdom of heaven" with my gf at 7 or 7:30.
    just me and phatsuby?

17. LeiboSTi

how about tomorrow?

18. Steve in Minnesota

I'm down for tomorrow. Name a time and a place and we'll see if it works. I have to get the lawn mowed and the car washed if the weather cooperates but I don't have much else going on.

Steve B

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LeiboSTi

how about tomorrow?

19. PHATsuby

i am down for tomorrow, like i said i just am gonna leave by 8pm.

i showed up at the chateau lot at 6:15, stayed till 7, no one showed so that was sweet.

Ben

20. pbedroske

i showed up at the chateau lot at 6:15, stayed till 7, no one showed so that was sweet.

Ben
    I was there at 6:30, in my girlfriends beretta, to see the movie... sorry...
    will try tomorrow

21. Steve in Minnesota

I was there but I was hiding. I saw you and got scared and left! :D Just Kidding!

We're just trying to get something rolling here so we need to be patient and work out a time and place that works for the greatest number of folks. For instance, I picked Chateau because it is convenient for me. There might be someplace that is more central and more convenient for the group as a whole. As far as the day and time go there might be a day and time that work better too. I picked Saturday at 6:00 because I have no social life what-so-ever.:cool:

Let's make Saturday is the 28th at 6:00 is the "official" first gathering and work out a "regular" day/time/place that works for as many people as possible. I would like to see this get organized and continue and grow.

I'm going to swing by Chateau at 6:00 tonite just for ****s and giggles but I won't stay long.

Steve B.

Ben

22. LeiboSTi

I will try to make 6 tonight at Chateau, not sure if that will work out with the family plans. I will plan ahead for the 28th.

23. LeiboSTi

Should we start a "Rochester" thread in the events forums similar to the Firestone thread that the cities members use to orgainze members in this area?

24. Steve in Minnesota

Ya! Go for it!

I will definately be there at 6:00 tonite.

Just a WARNING....my buddy with an '03 EVO is coming along! Hope nobody has any major issues.

It's really weird because he just called about five minutes ago to say we should try to get some car people to get together....so I told him about our attempts to do just that. He also had the suggestion of a Sunday morning breakfast drive a couple of times a month....I'm all over that....I'm a big fan of food! :D

6:00 tonite!!!!

Steve B

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LeiboSTi

Should we start a "Rochester" thread in the events forums similar to the Firestone thread that the cities members use to orgainze members in this area?

25. PHATsuby

so....6pm tonight at chateau against the cliff? FOR SURE? its a 15min drive for me and my car doesnt have the mpg it used to, so people better show:)

Ben

26. LeiboSTi

I've got nothing against Evo owners. It is an awesome car and most Mitsu owners are good guys too. I will be there at 6 tonight. The idea of a regular Sunday morning drive once or twice a month is a great idea. I am starting the Rochester thread in the events section.

Edit: You beat me to it a long time ago: http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2301

27. pbedroske

i love evos, as long as the driver isn't a d!ck.
    chateau, 6 tonight again, got it.
    piece,
    p@

28. Steve in Minnesota

Crap!!! And Double-Crap! Sorry....I forgot.

Steve B.

I've got nothing against Evo owners. It is an awesome car and most Mitsu owners are good guys too. I will be there at 6 tonight. The idea of a regular Sunday morning drive once or twice a month is a great idea. I am starting the Rochester thread in the events section.

Edit: You beat me to it a long time ago: http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2301

29. Steve in Minnesota

No....he's not a d!ck...he's a Bob. :D

He's cool....just don't tell him I said so.

Steve B

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by pbedroske

i love evos, as long as the driver isn't a d!ck.
    chateau, 6 tonight again, got it.
    piece,
    p@

30. Steve in Minnesota

For sure! Totally dude! Far out! :cool:

Steve B

so....6pm tonight at chateau against the cliff? FOR SURE? its a 15min drive for me and my car doesnt have the mpg it used to, so people better show:)

Ben

31. PHATsuby

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Steve in Minnesota

For sure! Totally dude! Far out! :cool:

Steve B

Ben

did i come off like a hippy or what?
    haha.

Ben

32. PHATsuby

that was fun guys! looking forward to 28th:)

great meeting everyone, hopefully i didnt scare you rob when i squaked the tires on the 1-2shift;)

Ben

33. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

great meeting everyone, hopefully i didnt scare you rob when i squaked the tires on the 1-2shift;)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    What??? I thought those were MY tires! :eek:)

ROFL; actually, tonight was like the 6th time in my life I've driven a 5-speed, so I was just trying to keep up and not embarrass myself too much. (yessss, that grinding sound near the theater was me finding 3rd gear. :I)

Anyways, for those of you that haven't already found the Event-forum thread, I posted the 3 pics I took:
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2301

Also, my apologies to anybody who might've shown up at DQ at 7; I skipped it because pretty much everybody who'd posted here had gotten word of the 6pm Chateau meeting in time, despite the late notice. Next one is Saturday 5/28 6pm Chateau Theater lot. See the linked thread for updates and additions.

34. pbedroske

Alright guys. I told you i wanted to go with some rotas, springs and rollbars for getting started in modding. let me know what you think of this... bronze rota torques 17x8 235/45? (see pics), perrin or progress antirollbar, perrin endlinks, eibach springs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just kidding on that last one, its a pic I took on Gran Turismo 4 for PS2, I use a larger one as my desktop wallpaper.

35. pbedroske

forgot to add that i'm also thinking about de-winging my wrx, filling the holes with some rubber gromets(sp?) so i can put it back later if i want. hopefully it doesn't look like robs RS did! - can't believe that guy glued it down, scary.

here's a linky

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=26169

36. pbedroske

man, i keep thinking of things. and yes, i am a night owl, cuz i work 3pm to 1am.

anyway, beeloo can you point me in the direction of this tinting you had done? is it still available as a group buy (can i get in?) and how much was it?

p@

37. Steve in Minnesota

All

Last night was great! Can't wait until the 28th. Tell your fellow subie folks!!!

Pat

The de-winging, tint and rotas would look awesome. Stick with 35% all the way around though. I went 20% in the back / 35% in the front and I actually think the 35% looks better.

Thanks again everyone!

I'm going to be on V/C starting on Wednesday. If I don't respond...don't think I'm being a snob! :) Back the following Wednesday.

Steve B

38. beeloo

beeloo New Member

pbedroske: I think the group buy is still in effect. Prices are in the beginning of the thread. They use Llumar tint, and i chose the best of the bunch (Platinum Plus 35%). It comes with lifetime warranty. You can look here:

http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1892

P.S: i have two cracks on the windsheild otherwise i would have gotten a bar as well. just an FYI

39. drfrink24

drfrink24 Guest

Hey guys, first time on MNSubaru.

I live in NW Roch, 2004 Black STI. The only other STI I've seen around is a WRB with vanity plates "jtmarlin", the guy lives a few blocks from me I think. I saw another 2004 black STI a few months ago, and my buddies always seem to tell me when they see an STI around town.

I haven't noticed many WRXs at all around here either. I know "WilliamG" has one, he's a moderator over at ClubWRX.net.

At any rate, I'm mildly modified, here is what I've done so far:

Snorkel removed + high flow panel filter
    Static-X grounding kit
    Accessport stage 2 v1.05
    Helix catted downpipe
    Borla Hush catback w/3" adaptor
    Kartboy hangers
    235/45/17 P-Zero Nero M&S (worked great this winter)
    Flux capacitor with Mr. Fusion aftermarket power supply

I have a dual pod a-pillar by lotek, and a Defi D-gauge EGT and Oil Temp gauge, waiting to be installed (EGT is on back-order).

I'll keep my eye out for everyone.

40. PHATsuby

Hey Jon,

welcome, i was just reading your extensive fuel octane debate last night:)

if you have any mods to install we may be having an install day not this weekend but the next. otherwise we have the meet on the 28th:)

do you have the black with gold STi?

hope to see you around.

Ben

41. drfrink24

drfrink24 Guest

Nope, black and brake dust, err... silver rims.

How/where do you guys arrange install days? I would think it would be a hassle to try and install outside of a fully supplied garage. With my last two cars, I almost always end up using a tool I never would have brought to another location to use.

42. PHATsuby

we havent had one yet, we are still discussing it. Well, whatever mods you have planned we can discuss what will probably be needed;) I have a good amount of tools, organizing them is another matter.

Ben

43. LeiboSTi

drfrink24

Glad to see you made it over to mnsubaru.com. I must be the other black 04 STi you have seen. Mine is brake dust silver too:D There is one with golds too, no idea who it is though. I have a friend that just recently moved back to town with a 2005 silver STi. I have another friend with a WRB 2002 WRX with a subaru banner on the windshield. I will try to get them to the next meet.

I gotta get one of those flux capacitors dude!

Regarding the install day, I will offer my garage but we will have to import a lot of tools because mine are limited. Ben, if you want to host - fine with me.

OOT tomorrow through Wednesday. Hope the meet and install days go off as planned next weekend.

Brad

44. beeloo

beeloo New Member

<---- willing to provide two helping hands. :cool:

45. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rskm1

Hi all, I'm a recent Suby owner (a riced-up electron blue 00 RS coupe).
    Wondering if anybody else from Rochester is on here...

I've seen a BRP 00-01 RS coupe on the Clements Chev lot; I tried to buy it from them but it was just in for repairs.
    I also spotted a silver 00-01 RS coupe driven by a tall brunette. (didn't get a good look; too busy checking out the car! ;) )

There's a customized rally-blue 04-05 I saw (and heard!) once too. (sweet wing!)

The Impreza is a surprisingly rare car around here, considering the fact that you can't even SPIT without hitting an Outback.

Anyways, if anybody else from Rochester is on here, say howdy!
    And if you've got a GC and need stock replacement parts, the previous owner of mine included most of them, and they're just sitting around in my garage. (brake rotors, taillights, wings, complete exhaust, complete intake)

i know someone from rochester. his name is dan. lol. that's all i know. he trained with me in downtown for our new job, they paid for his hotel and allowance and lunch. hes a cool guy. his name is dan and works in the rochester wells fargo (he said there is only one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.