Anyone into Fishes? Aquariums? as a Hobby...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sogonerg, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

measurements are 4ft x 14-15 in. high x 16 in. wide

2. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

*getting my tank FINALLY!* @ 8:30pm AGA 180g...dammit about time! After 2 tries...1st time their truck got stuck in the bad snowstorm we had and the 2nd was chipped "big chuck"...3rd times a charm I guess...

No stand though...That's hopefully coming friday!

Just ordered a 24" custom canopy *lidless* should go well with the modern stand (oak).

3. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

FS: 9w UV Sterilizer Turbo Twist

Got Corallife Turbo Twist UV 9w *like new* new bulb only 2-3wks old...Changed every 6 months. Algae control up to 75-100G

$65 takes it! It say it is rated @ 125 gal. But I think a bit less...

Any questions PM or Post

-Ray

4. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Just ordered the Gulf Stream II mod kit for Maxi-jet 1200 PH...It is rated 2500gph :eek:
    originally the pump was rated @ 295gph...almost 10x that amount...Kinda like a 2.5i RS converted to a 2009 GT-R with upgrades up to 1000HP+ haha

5. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

nice.... i was kinda following your thread on tcmas.

6. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I see that...But no seems to really care much until I start setting up my tank..lol I still don't have a stand so I can't do much...They give me the overflow first, tank 2nd, and stand last...working backwards

7. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

lol...sounds good...that's how it is though there.....unless it's some frankinstien stuff they won't follow until you have fishes and corals. btw i'll have to come see that gulfstream in action one day too....i been meaning to give that a try.

8. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

NP...wanna help me setup my tank...haha That's if I can even lift it off the floor ;)
    I'll let u know once I get that Gulfstream mod

9. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

if i have spare time i'll see if i can make it....otherwise i do work at petland by sunray on 94 if you need anything.

10. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

u work at Petland? cool...how long have u been working there?

11. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Toys...

got my Kalk and Calcium reactor! w00t!
    Also got 6 Koralia 4's...I only need 3 so the other 3 is FS if anyone is looking for it...$50 ea. everywhere else runs about $60 a piece.

Also got my JBJ ATO (auto top off)

12. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Well-Known Member

someone is not going anywhere for a while..... lol

13. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

at least 4-5 yrs. haha

14. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

finally in...lol

Suckers heavy...haha

15. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

I finally picked up a tank. It's not what I originally wanted but money-wise it will be nice to not have to spend a billion dollars for what I want. It's a 14 gallon biocube. I got it brand new with a stand for 100 bucks from a good friend. I'm probably going to take the lid off and use my MH. I also really want to drill the thing, but I've never heard of drilling one and I'm kinda scared to be the first. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go :)

16. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Nice KeLLy...$100 is a good deal...I would not drill into it...I believe it is tampered glass and will crack

I could probably call mine a 180g Nano, compared to UWW @ MOA...haha

17. snbrd4evr

I won't drill it, I'm probably stopping by the store tomorrow to pick up some maxi-900's with the attachment mod thingy. I'm going to drill the plastic back and install those so they come out the wall. Should put me at around 3000 gph :)

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...&Product_Code=AF-SF1600&Category_Code=Maxijet

SPS craziness here I come!

18. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

get the GS2 mod...They are insane! get the bundle kit for $14.99 they give u both 1600+ and 2500+ GPH. Plus they have the magnet bracket if u want that...I have it at home if you want to check it out...

It was suppose to be a mod for the maxi-jet, but I modded my koralia 4 with it and IT'S a MONSTER! for sure...over 3000+GPH, maybe hitting closer to 3500GPH (imagine VF39 upgraded to GT42R twin scroll, lol) The wave goes a full 5.5ft...THe stock koralia 4 gets about 2ft.

(You want 3000+GPH for your 14G nano? R U NUTS! haha lol)

19. angusracer

angusracer Well-Known Member

african ciclids ftw... i'm just about to start up a small tank. my mom said she would maybe keep it when i move out, but i might just take the fish and give the old tank away and buy a 55gal for my new place.

20. snbrd4evr

I might not need 3000, but I just want a bunch of water movement. I'm thinking about hiding one of the smaller maxi's with the attachment behind the rock so it pushes through and creates more turbulence. We'll see how it goes, I'm heading up to the new fish store just off Lyndale later today, I know they have everything I'm looking for.

On a side note, I got a tour of their place the other day and so far it looks like they are doing everything right. Every new arrival gets quarantined and dipped before going out on the floor. They are also planning on rocking a bunch of sps. Their frag tank's lights are on a track so all the coral gets light on both sides, it just goes on and on, I'm pretty happy with the place right now. :)

21. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

hey i have a little tank setup and i want to get rid of it. any place where i can get rid of it and get some money out of it?

22. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

^post it up FS Lilred..pics would help too ;)

23. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

Saw a Scuby at World of Death, sorry, World of Fish today. Was someone stocking up?

24. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Nope, not me...Busy setting up my tank

25. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

Setting up? Is this another tank or simply re-creating something you had?

In other news, there is a very good chance within the next few months I'll be packing out and I won't be able to take my livestock with me. We should work out a time for you to come by and check things out.

26. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

was it black?

27. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

No, this was around 12 or 1230. It was silver and the only thing obvious about it was rims and tires. I was after Koi food, so I wasn't trying to pick out details.

28. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Sure thing...I have my 180g getting cycled and should be ready in 2 wks. *its a new tank* my old one was 75g.

Do u go on TCMAS.ORG much? I've been posting there...I was scrapping off some residue of the glass last night and almost fell in the tank, lol

29. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

If it was a 2dr. 2001 RS could be Kelly...

30. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

No, I don't go around there much. I don't care for most of the people around there. Too arrogant IMO.. I've been a DIY person and I'll stay that way. My opinion about them isn't the result of 'not trying to be social' either. A 180 is decent sized, it's pretty much 'single-person bath size'. :laugh:

31. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

It was a 4 door, bug-eye.. He either had the gf and child along or the wife and child. Saw him but haven't been around to know anyone anymore.. so..