Asking for help is harder than I thought...

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by yuseforester, Dec 30, 2014.

1. yuseforester

yuseforester Well-Known Member

^This guy. Thanks Jason. You have been a good friend and we are grateful for your help.

We are heading to what I hope our final meeting with Wells Fargo on Thursday!!

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if this had a positive outcome?

3. yuseforester

Thanks for Checking Cody - see below.

4. yuseforester

Everyone!!

First of all an update: As of close of business on this past Tuesday (yesterday), Wells Fargo had posted all of our payments to our account and we officially are out of any foreclosure danger. That's right, we did it! We got through some seriously hard "big bank" stuff. Our mortgage is back under control and we are now able to sustain our household because of this.

Next: THANK YOU!!! If I could write this in all caps I would, but I know how fun that isn't to read.

Seriously, a deep and heartfelt thank you from my family to your families and this community. Thank you to my friends. Thank you to my family. Thank you to everyone who read this. Thank you to the people I haven't met yet. Thank you to everyone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This community of people has been a massive support for me in my life over the last 5 years or so and I am truly grateful for the great number of friends I have gained because of a common interest...silly Subaru...There's one I missed...thank you Subaru.

For those who don't already know or have my number, I have an open door and will do my best to help in any way I can.

Yusef @ 612-275-7398

THANK YOU!! :D

5. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Awesome! I was a little concerned when I saw your goal hadn't quite been met, but I figured you would have reached out if necessary!

Are you in an OK place now to make it through the next few months?

6. yuseforester

Thank Eric - we are very fortunate and have been blessed by the community around us.

This was that impossible hurdle that had us so far behind the eight ball we would never have been able to claw our way back. Now that we have been given this opportunity to right our finances our ability to manage cash flow is looking much rosier. My wife got offered a new job and I recently found some work back in the electric business - so from here on out I think we are going to be OK. Yes, there are still challenges...but because we got this boost we feel like Mount Everest has been lifted off of our shoulders!!

There was a flood of kind words, offers for a lending a hand, cars, emotional support, and of course the financial help. When I tell my friends and family our story I feel very humbled and they only shake their heads in amazement...people generally have a hard time believing that acts of kindness like this really happen.

THEY REALLY HAPPEN.

So extremely grateful...

7. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

That rules yusef! So happy for you and your family, and glad we could all help out a friend in need.

Cheers.

yuseforester likes this.
  8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Back door?

9. yuseforester

Don't you already know the answer to that question ;)

twiztid_rs, Kneel Weiß and tehfuzz like this.
  10. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

So happy for you man. We have a wonderful community and I was happy to help! So glad this had a happy outcome.

yuseforester and tehfuzz like this.
  11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I'm very glad to hear it worked out, and glad to have contributed! Congratulations, man!

yuseforester and tehfuzz like this.
  12. yuseforester

Thank you very much; sincerely appreciated!!

Thanks Chux!! Again, much appreciated!!

13. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear things are coming back together for you. Its awesome to see the amount of support this community has provided. Let me know if there is any way I can help!

14. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything worked out.

Over the past years, we had a lot of members join but they don't hang around to get to know us. This MNSubaru group has issues. I've been here a long time. The guys that does tough it out are the members that are really part of this Subaru family. There aren't many of us but being a part of this community, we look out for one another.

15. Nick Carter

Nick Carter Member

Congrats man. I showed my girlfriend this post and she was just as amazed as many of us were. I'm glad to have been apart of this. Good luck in the future.

16. yuseforester

Thanks Curran! We are very lucky to have this community!
    I hear you Kong - every community has challenges, but this one, for me, time and time again has proved to be one of the foundational pillars of friendship, camaraderie, and support in my personal life. Grateful to have stumbled in and never left...

Thank you Nick! I'm glad you are sharing our story, This whole event has inspired me and I hope others. Sometimes life is atough road, but when we all work together and pitch in it becomes something more - and for that my family is grateful!

Ryan FailRad and Kneel Weiß like this.
  17. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I wonder what would happen if you had an Evo? :frantic:

18. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

It would look like this and would also sit in the garage for a few years...

[​IMG]

19. yuseforester

Touche sir, touche...

20. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

Glad to hear there was light at the end of the tunnel for you and the fam, Yusef!

And by light at the end of the tunnel I'm referring to the back door and Lemmiwinks

21. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

yes there is a range of members on here.. long, short, wide, skinny and throbbing... Idget likes them all.. usually

22. Stuck686

Stuck686 Well-Known Member

congrats.

23. yuseforester

Hey everyone!!

If you are able to, we are throwing a thank you gathering May 16th!

http://www.mnsubaru.com/threads/friends-and-family-appreciation-may-16th.48762/

Please come if you can make it!!!!

Again, thank you deeply to all of our supporters - we have been continuing to work hard and unwind our way out of what was a deep hole - thanks to some very good souls we are still going good!!