Been a while! A couple ?'s

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Saabaru, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

Hey all!

I was fairly active around here back around 2007 and then again around 2010-2013. In 2013 I sold my 92x aero with a hybrid ej257, blouch 20g, ewg and etc. I'm not sure who's still around, but I'm back in another turbo Subaru - and also back in the area (been in VA since 2013) now.

I picked up a 2008 OBXT 5mt this past spring. It's got 85k on it and has been maintained very well, but as best as I can tell I think the turbo has an issue..? It's stock, and when you put it in S# and floor it, she hesitates and feels like it's going in and out of boost - not smooth at all. No CEL or anything, and she drives around just fine, but I'm scared to get on her. I had wanted to make her stage 2 and call it a dd, but depending on what's going on with her I might do a slight turbo upgrade. Any other ideas about what might be up with it?

Also, I used to use Nuke for most of my fishing and performance stuff. It's been 4-5 years, and I sent him a text with no response and his number just kept ringing. Is he still in the game? If not, any other suggestions on who can diagnose/OS tune, and help me with the bolt ons? I'm living in Duluth-superior but am in the cities with the car next week and can travel. I don't have as much time as I used to, new job and pregnant wife...

Thank for any insight and I'm glad to be back in the northland and in a subie!

Aegis and SkeetsWisconny like this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Welcome back to MN!

The spot these days is JM Automotive in Osseo. Subaru specific shop, dyno onsite for tuning, tuner in house(Devin), engine building, diagnostics, etc. Jesse is the man and his crew there is awesome!

https://www.jmautomn.com/

Takalak, housemusic1, ocie and 2 others like this.
  3. SkeetsWisconny

SkeetsWisconny Well-Known Member

Welcome back and congrats on the bun in the oven! I am planning to go stage 2 with 14xt in the near future as well. I have worked with Nuke (and Fuji)/NF Tuning in the past with my WRX and they were awesome to work with.

Are NF Tuning unavailable?

JM Automotive - Good looking out!

4. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

+1 for JM. I've used NF in the past as well but it seems like they've kind of fallen off. JM does great work at a competitive price and their customer service is top notch. Haven't been there since they got a dyno but looking forward to trying it out.

5. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

well hello! Fun fact, i think of your user name every time i see a Saab haha

6. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

JM hooked me up by the way, I left the car stock but the issue was it just needed spark plugs. They nailed it right away. Unfortunately the car is going up for sale

7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

They are solid! Have them fixing my fuel lines right now. :)

Sad to hear that it’s on the chopping block. GLWS!

8. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

The old thrm ficing of fuel lines performance mod.

Krazylegz1485 and tangledupinblu like this.
  9. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

It's on the selling block. Chopping block is what happens when you keep driving it.

tangledupinblu likes this.