Berkeley, CA City Council tells US Marine Corps they are "Unwelcome and Uninvited"...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShortytheFirefighter, Feb 12, 2008.

1. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Agreed x eleventybillion.

I don't put sickers on my car proclaiming how much I like to **** my wife.

2. Taras

Taras BANNED

Bam, right on. Very good point. It a job not a place where you talk about your sexual orientation.

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^ Yeah, but for some that are gay and proud, they have to be loud. If they didn't, they would be too normal. And that would just be queer.

4. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

There was an episode of Dennis Miller when Norm MacDonald was on the show talking about gay pride. Went something like this:

I was in San Francisco doing a show and there were all these gay people. And they had a parade and in the parade I saw this old man and old woman carrying a sign that said "We are proud of our gay son." And I said to myself, 'That's an awfully strange thing to be proud of." It isn't like an achievement...like you work all your life to be gay or anything like that. And so I wondered if, you know, if that guy goes to work and brags about his kid to people in the office. Like, standing around teh cooler going "My kid, he's so great, we're so proud of him, he graduated Harvard. Yeah. Top of his class. And he's going on to work at a big lawfirm. Oh, and he loves c0ck. Yeah, he can't get enough of it. In his mouth, his ass...the kid's always covered. Look here, here's a pic of the boy sucking another man's c0ck."

5. Taras

Taras BANNED

I know plenty of gay people who you would never guess they are gay. I assure you will never guess. And at the same time i know a few who are just so annoying and flamboyant that i cant stand being around them.

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I worked with a bunch of both types ... I can usually tell. Now. Anyway.

7. tangledupinblu

:eek3:Wow, what a coincidence! Me too!

I don't think that you can live in America and not know gay people.:roll:

...Straight guy:"They outta take all of you people and stick you on a big island somewhere!"

...Gay guy:"They did honey, you're on it!"

8. Taras

Taras BANNED

Nice...

9. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

Ready, I agree with you completely. If you're gay and in the military, keep it to yourself. There are however, those that wave it around. I'm no homophobe, but if I had a fellow male service member make a pass on me, I'd be hard pressed not to let me command know. Dont ask dont tell is set up exactly for that reason, but the first time you decide to make people uncomfortable, the policy is null and void. There are reasons that the policy is in place, and just by putting me in the situation where I know that, I wouldnt want it on my shoulders and would pass it up.

I do have a few points to add that I left out.

If I had a thing for a female Marine in the same unit and we were deployed to a combat zone, I KNOW I would find myself second guessing decisions, wondering if I was favoring her. I would be putting my own welfare and the men around me on the line by being distracted and losing focus on the mission. This is why relationships within the military are considered fraternizing, and are discouraged so heavily, except of course when you're in different units and are equal ranks and bla bla bla, readymix, you alraedy know that stuff.

10. Taras

Taras BANNED

I am sure its really hard when you are deployed somewhere with a female that you are interested in. Speaking of gay guys hitting on you, just take it as a compliment.

11. readymix

Yep, I do know all that. It was just something I'd throw out there.

12. PRA4SNO

Best quote evar. ^^

13. PRA4SNO

I dont think the hard part will be obeying the rules about fraternization. What will be hard is after the 6th month mark where even the really nasty chicks start looking like, "hell, I bet I could forget about her afterwards." kind of girls.

14. tangledupinblu

Thanks Jack, I worked hard on that one.:)

15. Taras

Taras BANNED

LOL, Thats funny.

16. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

check your sarcasm meter. it might be broken.

17. Taras

Taras BANNED

I am not sarcastic at all.

18. fondune

also, for the billionth time, your reading comprehension baffles me.

19. tangledupinblu

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I pee'd a little.

20. PRA4SNO

aahahaha FTW

21. Taras

Taras BANNED

I am sorry but the way you express your thoughts would only be understood if I had telepathy.

22. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I have no trouble understanding fondune's sarcasm ... but a lot of people have construed past comments I have made improperly ...

23. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

i have a hard time understanding where my money went, but thats neither here nor there either. onward~!

24. Taras

Taras BANNED

I get what fondune said. He made a sarcastic comment that i interpreted as being a genuine statement because of the things he said earlier, my bad.

25. fondune

The things I said earlier were ALSO sarcastic.

also, corn nuts. Corn or nut?

26. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

put corn on ma nuts

27. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

oh really... coming out of the closet are we?? ha hah a

28. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Holy crap, this thread has like 5 posts that are actually on topic. And like three are by Tom, and the other two by Brian. :):)

All in all, the read was pretty entertaining, minus the racist nonsense coming out of jakeachy.

29. wall of tvs

most off-topic thread in mnsubaru history

30. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

+1 for post whoring

31. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

+1284843 for almost 350 posts of which 300 were flat out hilarious!!! :lollollollol:

The other 50 were pretty solid and informative of different perspectives! I feel educated... :biggrin: At least about some people on this forum! ;)

32. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Sorry, you have to carry on without your good buddy jake

33. PRA4SNO

so jake got bannanated huh...interesante...

Did I miss some sort of argument he had bashing on someone?

34. readymix

No, no argument, just him being a jackwit racist and a bigot. Muchas Gracias to the mods for pulling a few sheets of toilet paper off the roll and wiping the ass off this site. I seriously applaud you on banning that hateful ass.

35. bikerwriter

36. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

OK, wtf.

I'll come out and say it. I don't like Bush. Am I going to burn the flag of the country that I live in and love because of that? sh*t no. If you hate it that much, gtfo. Protesting a war you don't beleive in and burning a flag are two different things in my mind. Burning a flag is just one line I feel is not one you cross. IMO it's one of the highest forms of disrespect.

37. HoLsTeR

HoLsTeR Well-Known Member

i really think this tops it at THE most ignorant comment ive read on this forum....dude really?! do you really feel this way? have you ever had an understanding of what the islamic religion is? dont call out all muslims in that way. the same thing can be said about christians. what about the KKK? they are a christian based group that is all about hating.

and speeking english? no one is forcing anyone to lean a different language. this country was built by people who all came from different places. different backgrounds and heritage. dont disrespect your own countries history. look at the history of Minnesota. up in the iron range there were so many different languages spoken in the area that they created neighborhoods to help people support themselves so they could also communicate better.

in new york, there are actualy different neighborhoods that were based around different backgrounds. italians, germans, irish, they all did this so changing into a new setting and country would be much easier. id be safe to bet that your own family came here not speeking much english at all....they learned at some point. BUT! if you look at the numbers. most families that come to america dont really depend on the english language and the next generation of these families are the ones who become fluent because they were able to grow up here.

TO BE ON TOPIC!
    i agree that the recruting stations should be allowed to be open anywere. ANYONE who calls the troops criminals are as ignorant as the person im responding to in this thread. although i do not agree with the war i have complete appreciation and love for our men and wemon who fight. they are only doing their jobs. its the leaders in the country who are MAKING them do it. the PINK protesters are all morons and should be punched in the face.

the fact that there are sOOOOOOO many islamic people in the world means you shouldnt generalise EVERY one of them based because a very small portion of them who are actually RADICALs (shouldnt even count in their population just as KKKmembers shouldnt be called christians) do somthing bad.

remember in WW2 when we imprisoned japanese citizens in the united states in concentration camps???!???!?!? your argument supports that we should do the same thing to islamic believers....think about it.

is MNsubaru really filled with so many racist, closed minded, nationalist people?

38. HoLsTeR

your post comparing jews and muslims is so ethnocentric its discusting.

39. wall of tvs

40. wall of tvs

Agreed. It's right up there with the crap that spewed out of jakeyachey retched mouth.

The ironic part of this is that wrxboy isn't even a natural citizen. Perhaps we should force him to lose his wanker accent? :p

41. bikerwriter

Yep, even small-town politicians will bend-over backwards for money.

I really feel sorry for the recruiters, having to pass a gauntlet of people like that every day.

42. HoLsTeR

if learning the language that what place you are going to maybe we should be FORCED to learn native american. i mean respecting the place you are going to.... we kinda owe it to them by your rational

43. readymix

I was going to say something wordy like I usually do, but I've decided that not a single one of you would be able to read or comprehend it. I'm basing this, of course, on your horrendous butchering of the english language.

Tom...the word is "wretched"...jesus h, you've been on t3hw00t too long. You are starting to spell stupid.

HoLsTeR...the word you were looking for was "disgusting", a modified form of the word "disgust"...disCusting isn't even a word. Fail.
    Also, you earn epic-mega-double-ultra-FAIL for that tirade against Nate. Read that thing back to yourself and tell me if you typed it with fingers or some sort of lobster claw with boxing gloves on. I was gritting my teeth so bad I thought they were going to shatter.

Every last one of you that can't type a coherent thought on the internet should be deported to an island. And we'll even spell the word EYELAAND so you numbnuts will feel a connection to it. And then you can develop your own ridiculous, hamfisted written language to speak to each other in.

www.dictionary.com. Use it. Stop failing miserably at communicating with your fellow man. You sicken me. And may God, Allah, Buddha, or whatever you bow to, have mercy on your WRETCHED souls.

44. readymix

YOU should learn english before you continue using it to type out your messages here. You know, out of respect to those who have to read your blathering.

45. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Readymix, teaching people to spell on MNSubaru is an uphill battle. Me included, I fail.