Best suggestion for extreme high end performance shop in 5 state area

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by EXOTIC, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

I would like to add that you talk to a few folks who have done a bit of body work with their Subarus to give you pointers on the design and expectations during the build. This would include anyone who's stripped, caged, lightened, and otherwise modded and fabricated hardware on their Subaru, typically for sport use like stage rally but also auto-x, road racing, etc. There are a number of local folks out there that have done a lot of work to their cars. The engine is only one part and in my eyes a pricey but not exactly difficult part of the build. 650hp, especially on something dedicated to race gas is not far fetched. Pump sits at around 400-500hp without specifically using turbo setups capable of extremely high boost. There are a number of 600-700hp builds floating around the US, many not even on race fuel, but they tend to be built similarly. Some research should point you to a lot of the key hardware they're using. I would also hop on Nasioc and PM some of the bigger groups doing similar types of racing.

Everybody has their own idea of extreme. Eventually my car will be gutted and a lot of work will be done to optimize the car in weight distribution like radiators in the back of the car (think orange drift Subaru), carbon fiber panels, and modification of the suspension points. There may be a partial cage or at least some minor bracing. High hopes, but it requires money and a spare car to drive for several months.

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hands down NF Performance!!!

Does anyone else wonder who EXOTIC is really from? hmmm MN

How does 650whp feels or looks like any ideas?

3. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

^ 650hp looks like this-

[YOUTUBE]q-q8R3Ay1NM[/YOUTUBE]

4. Musashi

Lowrider - it's difficult to tell from watching that video along with all the other +1000 hp videos I found on Utube.

5. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

After careful consideration, we have decided to move this project to Valencia, Ca. We have taken in consideration the number of comments on this forum. Some positive and some negative. To be honest, there are literally dozens of forums just like this. Everyone has an opinion. However, there are those that should be left on the floor. Personal attacks on individuals, business, or other posters is childish to say the least. We appreciate those who remained sane. Others who moderate should practice what they preach and not throw your personal issues into a forum. We are sure you would like to see this site expand, though the competition is enormous. It is our desire to build a drag car and we have taken the advise of over three dozen professional shops both local and across the nation. Preliminary budget is $50-75K++ We are simply weeding out the riff so to speak. This project is absolutely secondary to our daily lives of work, business and most importantly family. Some here have way to much time on their hands just telling from the number of posts each produce. Thanks to all the positive feedback comments.

FOR CAREFUL CONSIDERATION:
    http://www.esxmotorsports.com/motorsports/signatureseries.htm

6. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

Well I'm pretty sure that Readymix and Aegis have the means to make vinyls if you want or for that matter if THEY want.

Have you done a google search or anything for this information or do you just want peoples opinions? I'm sure there are plenty of places in town that can do a car wrap if you want. But if your looking for actual custom paint, I would not start with a graphics person, maybe start with an automotive painter. Graphics to me means vinyls that are applied over the paint, you know ricer style.... killer graphic yo

7. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

well with in the five state area.... CIAO

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Wow, trolls are getting much more obsurd

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

We probably would have, but that long winded passive swipe post where he basically called me out for being a moderator and having an opinion cemented my resolve on not making vinyl graphics. Actually, I'd have pretended not to see his post, accept the job, then simply deliver eight 6 foot vinyl penises on my own dime for the lolz and called it a day. But yeah, whatever dude, if you can't read and comprehend my post and get out of it the advice about giving people more information to help them help you, then you're a retard. And you'll fit right in with the So. Cal kiddies.

BYE BYE.

10. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Well now we know what 650hp is being used for. Without knowing the application makes it hard to point you towards the right direction.
    What you showed is a 650hp Time Attack car, which is setup for just that. I'm sure it's powerband will be plenty fun for drag racing as well.

We were careful to not point you to a shop without knowing what your intended application.
    Good luck out west!!!

11. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

I find that the poor questions lead to poor answers. Same goes for stupid ones....

12. Mr. Derek

Mr. Derek Well-Known Member

Oh it's a drag racing Subaru your building. I see, for some reason after reading the first post I was thinking you were building an offshore powerboat in which case the 5 state area would have been limiting your choices. Either way A large penis would compliment any decal theme quite nicely.

13. carl

carl Well-Known Member

so which shop can install best sound bov long time?

14. Musashi

What kind of a shop would come up with a name to mislead customers in thinking they knew something about motorsports, only to find out they really only sell used salvaged cars and on top of that make claims they're going to spend $50-70k to build a drag car with a shop that hasn't done anything since 2008. And their avatar is from the SPEED World Challenge GT category to SPEED Touring Car in 2009.

I recall some low budget film called "Street Racer" where some kid ended up building a Subaru STi out of junkyard parts and somehow ended up with a ESX STi.

Talk is cheap EM/WMC what ever you'd like to be called these days. If you're serious about cleaning up your act than for starters stop ripping people off.

http://feedmesportscars.com/files/subaru090201.jpg

15. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

If you plan is to build a drag car, I will agree with lowrider and recommend P and L Motorsports - a well respected shop in Chicago. They claim to have built the fastest drag subaru. I would say they are at least worth checking out.

16. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

Point well taken. We put a call into P and L Motorsports last week on an earlier recommendation. It is a big toss up because of the logistics obviously with Easy Street. Who is you main contact at P and L Motorsports? Is your referral based on actual work or positive feedback?

17. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

Unfortunately you are way off base. Whatever issue you had with this company called WMC, has been closed for nearly 3 years according to our information and probably for the better as we understand. In discussing our project here is strictly open to discussion. Mike at Elite Motorsports located us a non salvage Infiniti through their affiliate out of state. However, that is not the point of this thread. Take care.

18. Lowrider

Here is my decent thought on a drag racing subaru:-

1) You mentioned either 06-07 wrx/sti ( I don't know whether your budget includes purchsing the car or not. Anyhow why not get a GC - Coupe Weight advantage and cheaper in terms of shell)

2) Every customer is going to be treated differently- why do you have to rely on positive feedback from a shop to make your decision. Don't you have your preferences since you are paying for this project and not mnsubaru?

19. AWDimprezaL

Once again the elite motorsports you are talking about IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE WE ARE. You are likely talking about elite AUTOSPORT. There is a difference.

20. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

LOWRIDER
    PM us and elaborate your thoughts. Much appreciated.

21. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Huge difference!

WMC:
    324 Concord Exchange S
    South Saint Paul 55075
    http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/World.Motor.Cars.Corp.651-455-5660

Elite Motorsports:
    324 Concord Exchange S
    South Saint Paul 55075
    http://yellowpages.kstp.com/elite+motorsports+llc.9.103645948p.home.html

Elite Autosport
    1607 99TH LANE NE
    BLAINE, MN 55449
    http://www.elite-autosport.com/contact.php

Exotic, you're coming off as a troll. You've name-dropped in nearly half of your posts.

22. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

For consideration we are looking at the Subaru IIETA 4 speed AT gearbox for starters. B and M shifter, modified manual valve body of some degree and a Pro Torque billet convert for starters....

23. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I can sell you mine if your looking for a drag car, same tranny you mentioned and a sleeved 2.65. Pm if interested

24. Lowrider

I'm no expert or consultant but just enjoy discussions and prolly this is how we all learn by being open and ready for challenge.
    I therefore cannot PM you to ellaborate my thoughts since there all precise and clear.
    Considering the fact that you made a choice already with a shop in your build- they would be much better at giving you more ideas based on their experience.

25. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

High five to your honesty and being candid.

26. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

+1 for this car.
    Seen it in person. It's ready to be boosted.

27. Musashi

For everyone's sake I hope what you said is true regarding WMC.

From what I've heard P&L has recently lost two key players from their team.

28. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

This thread stinks of troll.

29. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

So does your Butt dyno!

30. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Dave from WMC?

31. EXOTIC

EXOTIC New Member

How much track time to date?

32. ShortytheFirefighter

Impossible. My butt dyno, in addition to being a highly sensitive tuning instrument is spotless and smells of wildflowers.

33. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

none new motor has 100miles on it, still in break-in

34. AWDimprezaL

Well since everyone is selling, I'll sell my 2009 wrx, built 2.7L, holset turbo, RWD, Built th350, 5500 stall, tuned on C16 it maks 1010whp, makes 740 whp on 92 octane.

$1500

35. carl

carl Well-Known Member

seems over-priced to be honest. you keep the C16 and I'll offer $1100

36. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Ill bite... and raise you to $1101

37. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

So, you're a girl?

38. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I'd just like to reiterate that this project better be running off mtn dew

39. ShortytheFirefighter

No, a nature lover. In the interests of saving the environment I've actually tripled the number of catalytic converters in my exhaust. The result is exhaust so clean I've piped it directly into the cabin under my seat. Not only does it smell of wildflowers, but it also warms up the seat. Perfect for those cold nights like tonight.

40. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

It is helpful to provide info when you are asking a question. The biggest problem you had coming into this is you said NOTHING about what you were doing with the car. Upon leaving, you finally mention something. I don't know how you expect to get reasonable info if you leave the thread open-ended from the start.

$50k-$75k is a LOT of money for some. For a racing team, it's not much. I do assume this include extraneous expenditures like travel to events, a carrying rig, spare parts, etc. In the end, it might be better to shoot towards $100k, $150k, or higher. It really depends on how far you want to go. Really you can develop a shoe-string car with high power for not too much. 650hp isn't terribly hard to hit, and there are folks who have daily drivers hitting those numbers at the wheels. I'm not familiar with the various classes in drag racing or where you're trying to go within these classes. Again, much is not said on your end, so the advice is going to be super general. For all I know, you want to build a car that will run full alcohol. I don't know. Without knowing what class you are going to be in or the limits of that class, I don't know if you should convert a portion or all of the car to tube frame. The problem is we don't know what's involved. We don't know what you and your friends will be able to do with the car or if you plan to have a shop do all the work for you. There's a lot of people simply doing garage builds that have super fast cars. How much and what do you actually need a shop to do and what and how much can you do yourself? That in part will determine what services and who needs to be involved in the project.

California is a good place to go. There are a lot of big name shops out there that do a lot of performance work. Will it be cheap? Nope. Will it be better than somewhere else? 50/50. I think it's a crap shoot really. There's a lot of people around the US doing a lot of the same work. It may come down to picking and choosing specific shops that are well known for their work in specific areas. For example, Crawford is a big name when it comes to engines for our cars. Other companies will be more famous for chassis work, suspension tuning, etc. If you're on a budget, this gets tricky. I mean are you willing to spend $15k-$20k on a motor? Or would you rather spend $5k-$10k and end up at a similar end point? Where is that $50-$75k going?

41. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

RIGOLI... enough said ;)

42. shineynitelite

shineynitelite Well-Known Member

DB performance cant tune subarus. its a fact. someone prove me wrong.

43. AWDimprezaL

I used to agree with this, but I thought since back in the day (speedemon's car) they have gotten better?

44. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

this and this and this.

45. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

lol this thread is hillarious