Best website for parts?

Discussion in 'DIY Instructables' started by frichdan, Jun 20, 2007.

1. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

They carry a lot of high-end rally stuff (like those RSSPs) but their prices on rarer Group N stuff can't really be beat. They supply a lot of dealerships across the nation with Group N stuff.

Call them. They'll work with you and get you exactly what you need.

2. scoobypwnz201

scoobypwnz201 Well-Known Member

oh mos' def' dude lots of their parts are going into my project car for sure

EDIT: i never really browsed their engine block section...its almost mouth wateringly tempting to buy a block and build my own STI engine :p

3. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

4. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

http://www.truechoice.com/

These guys are good, too. I ordered some parts on Monday morning with ground shipping and they arrived this morning.

On a side note: I've found that calling places and putting the order in to a live person cuts down on the processing time. For example: I put an email order in with Rallispec and it took over a week to get my stuff. I called them for some other stuff and I got it in 3 days.

5. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

I love looking through Japanparts.com So many nice upgrades that i cant afford.... Wish i could

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

7. qstarin

qstarin Well-Known Member

Interesting at first glance. Also interesting that after nearly a year and a half of lurking around a few subaru sites this is the first time I've ever noticed that one.

8. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

xcceleration.com is the WORST place to get parts from. They make all their stuff out of fairy dust and chocolate unicorn horns.

Seriously, just look through their built motor section. Cometic headgaskets for 700 dollars a pair? Really? You can get any custom headgasket made to spec from Cometic for about 100 bucks a pair.
    STi crankshaft for 600 bucks? Call the dealership and ask for the parts department and see what they are charging for an STi crankshaft.
    Intake and Turbo back for 1900 bucks?
    Or you could get the "Stage2" kit, with the same parts as above, but they toss in an AccessPort...that costs 3500 dollars. Apparently AccessPorts are 1600 dollars now :sarcasm:

Xcceleration is the site I go to when I want to get a good laugh at the economy of selling overpriced stuff to idiots with too much money and not enough common sense on their hands.

9. carl

carl Well-Known Member

stickied threads should have titles with correct spelling! lol

I typically go to the nasioc vendor section to find stuff

10. bobafett04wrx

bobafett04wrx New Member

The site looks like a middle school student put it together

11. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

The power packages look like a middleschooler thought them up too. GT35R + 1000cc injectors = 800hp? Not likely. Your lucid dreams of making that kind of power on a turbo that has a maximum efficient output of 650hp on injectors that wont support 800hp anyway are laughably juvenile.

12. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, probably one of my most-frequented non-forum sites. only downside is the lack of feedback, so if you don't know anything about a vender there, I'd do some searching around before spending more than a few bucks.

13. BadlandsRacer

BadlandsRacer Well-Known Member

I've liked Import Image Racing. Josh has been pretty helpful with my build.

14. Roon

Roon Well-Known Member

DoughtCom likes this.
  15. jmailhot

jmailhot New Member

16. MatthewJohn

MatthewJohn Member

www.jscspeed.com is a pretty decent site. May not the cheapest but you usually find what it is you need to find.

17. kungfujerry

kungfujerry Active Member

www.extremepsi.com is one of the cheapest place for a lot of parts. And FREE shipping on every single order (no minimum price).

18. MatthewJohn

MatthewJohn Member

If you're gonna do engine or transmission work there's http://www.flatironstuning.com/ they're badass as hell. For everything else I've been ordering through www.thmotorsports.com for the last 3 years and never had any issues, plus they're located in Chicago so shipping is fast and cheap.

19. AndyBoyee

AndyBoyee Well-Known Member

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/

Got my bumper splitter and fog covers there. Debating if I should get the sti scoop there too, but kind of dont want to paint it and mod my wrx scoop splitter.

20. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Geoff at http://cygnusperformance.com/ will beat pretty much any price on Super Pro bushings that you can find, if you email him and ask (he's not allowed to list the prices that low on his site). He's also an authorized dealer for that brand, so you get full warranty on the items. He stocks a lot of other stuff too, and is just a nice guy to deal with.

21. Mintyfloss

Mintyfloss Member

FYI to RSD customers. If you buy something and then it goes on sale soon after, they will refund you the difference via a gift card if you shoot them an email.

EricS likes this.
  22. djravechild

djravechild Member

I will third or whatever number it is at by now for importimageracing, and Josh is still the guy, at least from my experience.

23. Stuck686

Stuck686 Member

partstrain.com has been good to me. Cheapest centric prem rotors ive seen , shipped for $43 each.

You can also google 5 or 10% off depending on your total amount.

24. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

No one has said amazon.com
    Factory replacement stuff is well carried, and often cheaper that just about any source.
    I just needed an 02 sensor for the z.
    $140 from napa
    $110 from Rock Auto
    $89 from amazon.com
    and i've got prime, so another $4 gets it to me overnight. RA doesn't include shipping.