Bluetooth module for factory 07 wrx radio

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by euro, Sep 7, 2022.

1. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if a factory or plug and play bluetooth module exists for 02-07 wrx headunits? I'm still resisting installing a bluetooth headless unit in my car.

2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

You might be able to daisy chain something together. My 05 Outback had a 3.5mm AUX adapter in it. They do make bluetooth adapters that go to 3.5mm. So if you have the AUX kit for that unit that could be an option. A google search of that 02-07 headunit looks different from the one in my Outback XT so a wired AUX may not even be an option.

3. euro

euro Well-Known Member

I do have an aux port where the ashtray would have been but i was hoping to avoid having to buy one of those style of receivers since my son likes to touch everything in my car and almost broke off the wiper stock

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

My buddy has a Bluetooth tape deck adapter he got on Amazon. I died laughing when he showed me but it actually works pretty decent... Haha.

pinjasaur likes this.
  5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I remember the old tape deck adapter for the compact disc player, those were the days!:uhhuh:

euro likes this.
  6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I have used yatour units on both of our McIntosh-equipped Subarus, plugs in place of the CD changer plug on the back of the head unit. Adds aux, USB, memory card (SD?), and on some models, bluetooth.

And on a couple vehicles where that wasn't an option, I used an iSimple bypass modulator to add an auxiliary. This plugs inline with the factory antenna, you tune the radio to one of a couple stations, but it actually disconnects the antenna when activated for much better sound quality then the wireless modulators. I know they offer a bluetooth version, as well. I'm planning to get one for our Odyssey.

euro, pinjasaur and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  7. pinjasaur

pinjasaur Active Member

This is an interesting thread. I do like having Android Auto but if I knew beforehand I could skrt around the problem by adding in aux/BT to my FXT I probably would have done that instead. I miss the factory sub.