bobby's 97 legacy gt thread

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by bobby, Dec 11, 2014.

1. bobby

bobby Member

Just introducing myself and my car: bought from our customer who didn't want to fix the exhaust leak. Had 73k when I bought it. Its a 97 legacy gt 5spd. Has typical baffle plate oil leaks etc, I will be pulling the motor and resealing everything when the clutch gets weak and do it all together. Mainly started this thread so I remember what I do to this thing.
    [​IMG]

phi11 likes this.
  2. bobby

bobby Member

I originally added a 36w ebay LED lightbar next to lic. plate as pictured above but still want more light. I wired up a factory fog switch next to the orig. factory switch for the led bar. This may switch all the lights on later or may add more switches for my bitches somewhere else..
    [​IMG]
    Illuminates with parking lights and indicator when on too!.

tangledupinblu and phi11 like this.
  3. bobby

bobby Member

DIY lightbar: bought a Hella FF1000 from a member on this board and needed somewhere to put them (maybe more later?) :facepalm:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Will put on cross bars tomorrow and hopefully start painting! grille fits too!

Grayguy, silver03 and phi11 like this.
  4. bobby

bobby Member

Done! The one used light I bought had a bad bulb so I threw in some "ion" coated or whatever 100w ebay bulbs. These are both the spot beam lamps and throw pretty far! Still have some final aiming to do but love em so far.

welding it up:
    [​IMG]
    painted with 3m undercoating:
    [​IMG]
    all done:
    [​IMG]

phi11 likes this.
  5. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

Looks cool man!

6. bobby

bobby Member

Thanks! I need to either add vertical supports or weld on a thicker light mount piece due to some light dance on dirt roads.