Brake Group buy #4???

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by WRX1, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Hey justin I got a pair laying around in my garage, the ones I took off last year, slightly warped, I think, overall they were ok when I took them off. Let me know if you want them.

ohhh yeah, my car is an 04 not sure if they will work.....

2. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i think mine will hold out till the end of february...i think. if they break before that i may have to take you up on the offer. thanks man

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I got the updated list from Mark last night. I will post it up later today. I will also be starting a list of who wants what. Also, if there are any other cars you what prices on, let me know so I can get some quotes.

Russ

4. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

04 mazda 6 sedan

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Here is the updated price list. If there is anything else, let me know.

[​IMG]

The gear sets are priced at $5.00 per pound.

The stainless steel lines for the WRX and Sti are $108.00 (set).

Its best to treat all engine parts after machining. You can do light honing after treatment. And as you stated, rod bearings are a good item to treat.

Russ

6. 02blubru

Do we have to get the slotted rotors?

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

No. If you want I get have him quote me the price on std cryo'd rotors.

Russ

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump to the top. I will have the update prices tomorrow.

Russ

9. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

sweet. i dont need the gears any more since the car is toast, however i'll still take some rotors for my brake swap on the L.

10. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Here is the newest price list.

View attachment 2495

I am going to go through the thread later and post up a list of who wants what. I am thinking that I am going to try and close the gb at the end of Feb and we will be able to pick everything up mid march. It takes mark about 2 weeks to get everything in and treated.

Russ

11. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Here goes a random OT question.

What kind of Ra finish do you normally get after machining/honing various engine parts? Just a ball park.

More like 2-4Ra, or more like 30-32Ra?

That's to anyone.

12. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

would i be able to get this pricing if i did it before the GB? i need the brakes asap.

13. Chuanpreza

Chuanpreza New Member

I did non slotted frozen fronts and hps brakes in front, but for the prices, ill do hps brake pads in back and stainless lines and fluid for the front.

14. inappropriatescreenname

inappropriatescreenname New Member

could someone that's in the know about this stuff maybe give a little sales pitch about the benefits of these pads and rotors, ect? I guess as compared to stock or typical replacements.

and... would there be any type of priority list for the budget minded? (figuring this is an upgrade to good working parts, and not replacing something worn out). for instance, would new pads all around- but with stock rotors be a first choice, or would front rotors & pads be, or maybe rear rotors & pads?

comments, opinions, experiences, yadda yadda?

15. Chuanpreza

Chuanpreza New Member

im not an in the know type of guy about cars at all. I will say though, that as someone that didnt do slotted, but went with frozen rotors and hps brake pads, that my braking performance greatly increased when driving the car hard. What I am talking about is when you are going into turns fast and have to hit the brakes before the turn, and blast out of the turn and brake before your next turn. stock brakes get hot and start feeling like they are almost melting or something, brake performance goes down, and it gets scary. the hps pads for sure take the heat better, and ive had great braking thru entire hard drives. on a cold day, when im driving to work, i make sure i go a bit fast and hit the brakes once to warm them up, because when the pads first touch and they are cold there is a noticible lack of brake till they warm up, then they are golden.

i didnt do slotted because at the time i really just wanted my car to be stock, but i heard about the frozenrotors and thought it was awsome that they were just a 15 minute drive from my house and gave a good discount! Ive since gotten some people to get their guns frozen and a few people to get rotors from them, but I do wish now that I would of gotten the slotted now, though really I feel I wouldnt notice a difference. A year of driving hard and high brake heat I get zero pulse so far!

I am going to get the brake lines, I have been told by enough people that it is a good investment and its a great price, plus I do see how it would help out a bit more for response.

Hope my opinion helps!

Oh! One thing that I haven't seen being sold with this stuff is the stainless brake mounting brackets. The whole reason I did my rotors and brakes turned out to be a warn out bracket. I liked the upgrade, but a 10 dollar part that I had to get Nathan to put my car back up for after the fact because I didnt know I needed to get them kinda sucked, specialy since it was what fixed my pulse. They do not come with the HPS+ pads, so I had to get them from NAPA.

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump to the top. I will put together a list and get it posted. I would like to get this wrapped up around the end of the month. So if there is anything you need let me know. I will also get quotes for anything that isn't on the list.

Russ

17. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

^anyway we can get this done sooner than 4 weeks?

18. shorty5198

shorty5198 New Member

hey i need to get some rotors that i have frozen. Is there anyway i could get them done with your guys'?

19. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, bump to the top. I have alot of ehand raisers but I want to start getting a good list going for Mark. Yes Justin, you should be able to pick them up before hand, I just need to know when you want to get them. If he doesn't have any on hand, it usually takes about 2 weeks to get everything together.

Russ

20. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i'll order/pick them up asap. picking them up in two weeks would be great. i need 04 wrx front rotors.

21. 02blubru

Non slotted rotors, and pads all around for an 04 mazda 6. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Also when do we pay?

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We pay when we pick everything up. Thats kinda why I really need to know who wants what. I don't want to give Mark a big list of things that we need and have 1/2 the people show up.

Justin, are you going to call Mark, or do you want me to call him? If you want me to call him, post up what you want (just rotors and pads?).

Russ

23. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump to the top. I want to get Mark a list by next friday. Post up, if we don't get some people I will just axe the whole thing.

Russ

24. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Sign me up for front & rear frozen slotted rottors and pads.

25. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Sign me up for frozen front and rear slotted rotors for a 03 wrx however can you please make my rears the h6 upgrade. Can a whole package be put together involving SS lines. I am going to hold off on pads for my calipers until I know if I am upgrading my fronts at all

26. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i've already spoken with mark and have my stuff on order. should be at my doorstep on tues. i ohh so cant wait to get this pos brakes off of the L

27. bummpy

bummpy New Member

Sorry, for an 04 wrx

28. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Russ, I will be 'in', to some extent...need to wait for it to warm up a bit to check the rotors, first.

Thanks.

29. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Russ,
    Just want to make sure you have me down for front and rear slotted rotors, and front and rear HP+ pads and a pint of ATE for my 04 WRX.
    thx,
    Pat

30. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bump to the top. I am going to put my list together at work if it isn't to busy. I figure that I need to get everything into Mark by the 27th/28th. Then figure probably 2 weeks after that we can have our meet at Deversified in Burnsville and pick everything up.

Russ

31. shineynitelite

shineynitelite Well-Known Member

so when will these be ready

32. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

After I get the order in to Mark, it usually take about 2 weeks. After that we set up a little mini meet at Deversified so everyone can pick up their stuff and check out the shop. We usually have coffee/oj and some dougnuts. So I would guess that if I get everything in to Mark be the end of the month, we should be able to pick everything up on March 10th (sat morning). I need to get ahold of Mark this week, so i will try to firm up a date that works.

Russ

33. shineynitelite

sweet

34. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, here is my quick list. let me know if this is accurate or not. I will be getting everything in to Mark next week.

Chux - xt6 rears, 02 wrx fronts, hawk front pads
    6mtizzle - front and rear hawk pads for 04 sti
    02blubru - 04 mazda 6 front & rear non-slotted rotors and hawk pads
    Bummpy - 04 wrx Front& rear rotors and hawk pads
    MNAutomatic - 03 wrx front rotors and h6 rear rotors
    Pbedroske - 04 wrx Front & rear rotors and hp+ pads and pint of ate

I think that was about it. If there is anything else let me know. I want to get everything into Mark by the beginning of next week so we can get out finish date set. Right now I am thinking Sat the 10th of March when everything can be picked up.

Russ

35. inappropriatescreenname

please add me... 04 wrx front rotors and front hawk (hps) pads, thanks!

oh and how does payment work for this type of thing? direct to vendor, or to one person that then deals with vendor? check, credit card, cash only? chickens, cows? hehehehehe

i should get to bed, i thought pbedroske was getting a pint of ale!

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well will meet at Deversified and you just pay them direct (cash,credit,check).

Russ

37. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Looks right to me.

38. shineynitelite

02 front slotted rotors + pads

39. inappropriatescreenname

cool, thanks!

40. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going to have to pass this year, too many other thing popping up at the moment, seeing that my brakes are fine now, it'a more of an upgrade.

41. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

The rotors you have down for me are the slotted cryo treated ones correct?

42. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep.

I would like to get everything in to Mark by the beginning on next week, so if my list is correct let me know. Also, if everyone could pm me their name, address, phone number, so I can pass that along to Mark so he can get everyone in his system.

Russ

43. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Russ, I should be able to take a look at the brakes this weekend... I will let you know what I need. If you don't hear anything from me this weekend, assume I am out. ...don't want to hold anything up.

Thanks.

44. inappropriatescreenname

pm'd ya

45. shineynitelite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.