Broken ringland

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by samoya22, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Oh Snap! Gotta get that on youtube

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Dibs!

3. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm confused, are we still talking about broken piston & rings? :confused:

4. samoya22

samoya22 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure anymore.

5. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

you weren't really sure what was going on when your car was puking oil at BIR. Matt would know since he is your builder.

LawnMaster likes this.
  6. samoya22

I'm not sure I get your point?

7. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

because you're ignoring what happened at BIR last year. ....as if nothing happened.

thanks for playing "I don't know what your talking about"
    sucks to face the facts. as if because Chong drove it, that caused the cylinders to oval out. That **** couldn't perform. Had an alignment been done after you had your coilovers put in, your tires would have been in better shape.

V8HAHA likes this.
  8. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

V8HAHA and vangstaboi86 like this.
  9. samoya22

I don't think I denied any of this? Matt told me not to let Chong drive my car. That's all I said to Chong about the matter. I'm not upset with him or anything. Cylinders oval on open deck 2.5s; we all know this. Driving it to its limit only a few weeks after the motor had been put in probably wasn't a good idea. Chong was there for all of the time the car was driven. I never once blamed him. But since you mention it, it wouldn't be the first time Chong had broken a car. Shou will concur. That's what happens when you drive cars to their limit in the hot sun.

As for the alignment: you're absolutely right. I should have had an alignment done, but I'm a busy guy doing bigger things, so I didn't have the time. That's that. No big deal. I never blamed Chong for that, either. If Chong is telling you that I blamed him, you should ask him what was really said: Matt told me that he was upset with Chong, and I told Chong that Matt was upset with him. No drama, no fuss.

All of the drama is in your head, Fuji. Why do I still go to RS Motors for builds and tuning? Because I know Matt is a good builder, and I know Ron is a very smart man. How else is a stock 2.5L WRX coming close to the same numbers as your monster build? Because Ron is a smart man. He knows it's not going to last. He knows he's going to oval those cylinders. But, unlike you, Ron also has the capital to back up a disaster on the track. They've made up for my lost time by building a pretty epic car while I've been hard at work saving my business from collapse.

And I'm sure my story isn't unique. This is the car world, after all. Nothing fits on the first try. Nothing works the way it should. Plans are meant to be broken and deadlines are a practical joke.

The Subaru community owes Matt and Ron a world of debt for the time and effort they've put into making it a better community, for the time and effort they've put into putting good cars on the road. For you to come in here and talk **** about RS Motors is like wiping your ass with your own mother's tablecloth.

I said good day, sir! :coffee:

Starkall likes this.
  10. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

that was a cluster**** of a post.

samoya22 likes this.
  11. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I some how managed to get my booger finger in the cookie jar on this one. :facepalm:

I don't often ask to drive anyone's car unless you're my student and I need to show you the right way. I always leave room on the table. I have enough horse sense to understand the risks and the expense of someone's investment as I have my own experiences. I have received many opportunities where people have offered me their cars to test drive around the track and I have turned them down, cars of great value, sentimental and stupid cars.

I'm not in the business of ruining other peoples dreams at the track. I know the risk and have taken a lot of responsibility in ensuring others don't have this experience. But what can you do, I can make recommendations and checklists and set expectations but in the end it's up to the owner's responsibility to make sure everything is buttoned up. Everyone that signs up for a track event should understand, accept and own their share of the risks involved in Motorsports. And if you don't you shouldn't be there to begin with.

I'd like to think I can drive that fine line a lot better then most but that's not why people trust me with their cars, it's because they know I'll always have their best interest at heart and will not take any UN-nessasary risks for my own personal gain while in their car or while they're riding in mine. You don't not have to beat on a car to go fast, nor to have it fail.

I knew that Jonathan had a lot invested in his car with RS and respected it, and I had no doubts about their work. I wasn't upset when he told me that Matt had said what he had said as I've known him for many years and have looked up to him, I figured he was just frustrated with having to work on the car again after had just finishing it. I guess we're the only two who's neutral about this. Car's will fail for various reasons, conditions and situation and that's why we keep throwing different things at it and keep the testing cycle going.

We can sit here an point fingers all day and make ugly faces at each other but what's that going to accomplish. I know my friends have taken more offense to the situation then I have as they know me better then most.

12. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

This is getting out of hand. Going back through the posts, it appears that Fuji took this conversation somewhere it wasn't going in the first place.

Fuji, you quoted a comment made about a tuner that was neither YOU or RON, and then appeared to take it personal. Why, I have no ****ing clue. But that is when the fail train derailed and plowed into Fail-town.

As far as I can tell, nobody had a problem until Fuji came in and threadshiat all over it.

This argument ends IMMEDIATELY and we get back to the topic of grenaded stock pistons. Otherwise, I'm going to start passing out vacations.

FuJi K and tangledupinblu like this.
  13. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I'd get it back on track and post a picture of my cyclinder wall and piston from my 257, but I'm far too lazy to walk out to the garage and do so.

14. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

I respect this!

Musashi likes this.
  15. samoya22

I'd actually like to see that, Curly.