Brooklyn Park Morries SUCKS

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by pewble, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Wow...just...wow. I never realized that officers doing radar would be the end of Western Civilization as we know it. You using the Reynolds foil or just the generic stuff? Make sure you layer it, wouldn't want anything getting through. Having met our Mall officers, I'm sure that your rendition of the story is spot on, too...I'm sure they were just terrified of you.

The OP could've asked that his car be pulled inside if he was worried about stereo equipment, but he may not have known that was an option. The dealership isn't responsible for it, the thieves are the ones who actually did it (and I hold them responsible, right along with their parents) and the police don't patrol private property. So my blame is with the thieves.

I'd have taken offense to your "kid gloves" comment, but the rest of your post had me laughing enough to just make me feel sorry for you.

2. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

Wow this thread is getting intense!( Sitting eating some 3 day old pizza) So how do you like the new job brian?? Better than morries?? Hope you are liking it which it sounds like you do! Best of luck. PEACE

3. Macx

Macx New Member

Tin foil, ha, ha, yeah, got some of that right here near my computer. Mall guards, are probably supposed to be afraid of their own shadows. The Bllomington PD duo coulda used a bit more aftershave to cover up the fear pheremones. And I am not that scary a guy, which is what made the event a bit scary. If I weighed 200 lbs more, had tattoos on my face, and a jacket made out of schoolgirl hide with kitten trim, their reactions might have been justified.

Western society is near its end, radar or not. Invest in tinfoil or invest in laying a groundwork for the future, but don't sit back and think this is gonna last forever.

Your comments :
    tell me we are closer to agreeing than we might realize.

For the record, I don't mean to be personally offensive. In my breakdown of blame, I was putting 99.3% on the theives & it sounds like all we are disputing is if LEOs should be included in picking up a portion of the remaining 0.7% of the blame. I guess I have to conceed that the OP should get maybe 0.35% and Officer Radar should only get 0.35% rather than the full .7 I'd mentioned in my first post.

4. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

You mentioned that you think it was an inside job. I knew a couple guys in high school that worked at Shakopee chev, detailing cars that sold. They would steal stereo equipement from cars kept outside, or even inside. They never got fired or even investigated.

Just the fact that its stereo related tells me its high school aged kids. That and such gear is easy to steal.

Carry on.

5. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

whoever stole the stuff is irrelevant to the fact that the guy who got it stolen decided to pitch a hissy fit and blame the parking lot and not the guy who stole it. I love the part where in your post you start to refute other peoples comments but also say you didn't even bother reading the other posts.

Every single person here jsut about has lost a head unit/subwoofer whatever to thieves. We get a litte pissy about it natually and our lives go on. you on the other hand just whine about how the subaru dealership did it to you and its all their fault. The movie theater you park at, the spot in front of your house it doesn't matter NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES WILL COVER THEIR PARKING LOTS AGAINST LOSS. Stop blaming morries because you know what? you just learned a valuable lesson, that sh!t happens all the time in dealership lots. You cited many examples and now this hopefully won't happen to you again.

So do what the smart people do and call your insurance agent and get on with your life. Or better yet, get a decent alarm. the factory alarm doesnt count. But come here and pitch a hissy fit about a dealership that is very helpful to the club and SUPRISE! guess what kind of response you get :roll:

6. Macx

Macx New Member

Sounds likewe are 100% back on topic.

Well said Esperunit.

7. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

:lockd: I vote we end it now.

8. yanwasp

yanwasp New Member

They charged me $59 to clean my hood latch. Whats up with that??

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Why don't you give us some more background there? Why did you have your car there in the first place?

10. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

that's cheap...my standard hood latch cleaning charge is 70...lol:biggrin:

11. yanwasp

yanwasp New Member

the motor in my passenger window died and i took it in to get it replaced under warrenty. I told them that sometimes the hood doesn't close all the way and if they could check it out. I mean I understand if they had to replace or repair the wires, but they just sprayed it with some stuff and wiped it down. $59 bucks down the hole. It shoulda been a courtesy repair. Its easy for people to say that that is the hourly repair rate but c'mon! I need to get into the hood latch repair business.

12. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

we do that free at my shop... ha ha ha

13. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

mmmmm.
    now you are going to get 100's of people dropping by wanting you to clean their hood latch..

14. gtfourmn

gtfourmn Well-Known Member

Hi. I was working on some stuff today and came across a case that seems to indicate that if you really wanted to, you might be able to find remedy through the law, but obviously I'm not an attorney at least not yet, so take this with a grain of salt.

Cited case: Mason v. Hartford Hoffman Ford, Inc., 1994 Conn. Super. LEXIS 2090

The owner had his car towed to the dealer's lot for warranty service. The car was not placed in an interior garage space and but was locked and parked in a lighted open lot close to the dealer's building. The keys were locked in the service department office.

At some time overnight, the car was broken into and damaged, and its audio and stereo equipment was stolen. The owner filed suit against the dealer to recover for the damage and theft.

After a trial, the court held that the owner had established by a preponderance of the evidence that the dealer was negligent and that the dealer's negligence was the proximate cause of the damage and theft because:

(1) the car was left in a completely open lot that had experienced numerous prior thefts;

(2) it would not have placed an overwhelming burden on the dealer to provide a secure, fenced-in area for the cars in its possession;

(3) the dealer had the opportunity to present evidence of common industry practices to show the appropriate standard of care but failed to do so; and

(4) the dealer could be held liable for the theft of the owner's equipment because such items would ordinarily be expected to be in a car and were in plain view.

Note: The liability disclaimer statement doesn't hold much weight in court.

Just thought I would throw this out...

15. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

only cheap subaru guys... ha ha ha.... hey if 100's of people want to come to my shop then I have them in my store... woot

16. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

Good info. If that ever happens to me, I'm going to see what I can do for damages based on this particular case.

17. jeff

jeff New Member

said it all

Seems like that court said it all----

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.