BullwinkleTuning OpenECU Road Tuning

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by BullwinkleTuning, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Ninjaplease!

Ninjaplease! Well-Known Member

What's your availability looking like for next week? I know its kinda last minute, but I think I made it within the 7-14 day window. Lol.

09 WRX Catback, Panel Filter.

2. Rexwagon

Rexwagon Well-Known Member

pm sent

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Replied on Sat. :)

4. baldyborka

baldyborka Active Member

hey nate i had talked to you a few weeks ago at firestone about possibly getting just a base map from ya so as to make my car drivable until i can set up a tune from ya. Is that still possible??

5. Bullwinkle

Shoot me a PM or email me with details, again. Depending on setup, I can send you an email with a prepped basemap.

6. baldyborka

baldyborka Active Member

hey do you have any time next week for a tune? i am open for any time during the day

7. Bullwinkle

Nope, I'm currently booked out solid until early July. As I've got a full time job, daytime during the work week is not good for me. Shoot me a PM, and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

8. baldyborka

baldyborka Active Member

9. BullwinkleTuning

BullwinkleTuning Vendor

Still fairly busy guys, thanks to everyone who's keeping me that way. If you're looking for a tune, please expect having to schedule a few weeks out, still. Email or PM is still the best way to contact me.

Thanks!

10. STIDan

STIDan Active Member

Another +1 for Bullinkle tunes! Great guy and a great tune. Love the torque Nate!!! Thanks again.

11. angusracer

angusracer Well-Known Member

this is exactly what i was looking for! my walloftvs tune is getting to be a little dated with recent mods and my stock turbo finally starting to give. i'll be pickin up a new turbo soon (which one, yet to be decided), and injectors. will my stock 02 fuel pump hold up to the increased airflow? please shoot me a pm if you have a minute to chat. hoping to tune mid-late fall before it gets too cold.

matt

12. Bullwinkle

Matt - Please just shoot me a PM or email with a list of your mods and your install timeline, or even if you just want some advice regarding mods/turbo. We'll chat and get something on the schedule.

Thanks!

13. blak04wrx

blak04wrx Well-Known Member

...and another one! Had my stg2+bcs tuned a month or so ago, its like a new car!

14. Bullwinkle

Thanks for all the nice words, guys.

For those of you wondering about winter tunes, the weather does not pose any problems, as long as the roads are clean and not slippery. Winter tires are recommended, however.

15. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Here's another one for Nate. He Did a Stg2 tune+bcs. Great tune car pulls harder then ever lots of TQ.

16. klutz

klutz Well-Known Member

So... hopefully not a completely stupid question, but I am very new to modding and tuning. Is it worth tuning a new car? I am looking at a 2011 WRX possible purchase, but didn't know what "post-purchase" expenses I should expect to really get it moving.

17. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

definitely worth it. The stock tune one those are horrible

18. 4snowandrally

4snowandrally Active Member

19. Alex

Alex New Member

Hey,
    I have stage 2 flashed on my ECU, I went to Fargo to have it reflashed but we decided that we don't want to reflash, but im still having weird starts some mornings, I have to hold it over for at least 10 seconds then it will start and run fine. Do you have any suggestions?

20. Bullwinkle

Hi Alex, if the car's fueling system is otherwise stock, that sounds like a mechanical issue. I would recommend posting in the mods/maintenance section of this forum for assistance. Be sure to include all the appropriate information about your car (mods/model year/etc).

21. baldyborka

baldyborka Active Member

22. MNSubie22

MNSubie22 New Member

Bullwinkle, does your software give off an approximate whp and wtq? I have a 2004 Sti and want to go stage 2 soon. Also, would we install the tbe here and then drive down like a grandma until you can tune or would we just bring the dp and throw it on at your place? I may be interested in a tune coming up...

23. me_john85

me_john85 Member

has anybody used the email tuning yet? just wondering how it worked out for you, I don't make it to MSP area that often. Not looking for crazy power just a better tune vs COBB Stg 2

24. MNSubie22

MNSubie22 New Member

Anybody? Did you install the dp and then go get it tuned, or go and install and tune it with him?

25. BullwinkleTuning

BullwinkleTuning Vendor

Yes, you will get approximate numbers at the end of your tune, although I don't typically take a baseline. And yes, you can install those parts and then drive nicely to get the tune.

FYI to everyone as well, I will be out of the country for the rest of June. Feel free to PM or email me, but I will have limited email and web access, so you may not get a response until early July. Hope everyone has a great summer.

26. Bullwinkle

Hi everyone, I'm sure many of you have noticed that I've trended down activity on this board, and been turning away tunes more and more over the past six months.

I'd like to officially announce that I am no longer providing tuning services. It's been a good run, but life moves on.

If you were considering coming to me for a tune, I would recommend N&F Performance.

27. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

too bad

28. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

I'm sad to hear that you're not going to continue your service. You have contributed to the OS community and MNSubaru also. Thanks to you, many cars are running better than ever. I hope those that you have tuned and helped, can come in and chime in on the great work you've done. From the NF crew, thank you.

-Nuke

PS...Let's race ;)

EricS likes this.
  29. 03subyR

03subyR Well-Known Member

Nate, never had a pleasure to tune with you but heard a lot of good stuff from other members.

30. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are giving up on tuning but I am sure you have your reasons. My Bullwinkle tune is still going strong!

31. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Well so much for that Bullwinkle/NF grudgematch I've been carefully orchestrating for the last year. Jerk. ;)

EricS and tangledupinblu like this.
  32. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Nate was one of the best! It's a shame that nobody else will get a chance to experience your tunez, always good reliable numbers. Thank you for all of your years of flashing us! lullz:D You are and always will be greatly appreciated for your services and help that you provided here on the forum!! Good luck with all of your future endeavors brotha!