Buying either a 2011 Subaru STI or EVO MR?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Musashi, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Oh I am in the clear then. I have a hatch and my winter wheels are currently on (orange)

Musashi likes this.
  2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

The shop that mounted my winter tires had a little incident with one of my wheels. The rubber piece where the rim sits on the machine while installation had fallen off causing the rim to sit on the metal plate. She's now scared before our first Subaru battle but at least now I can say she looks mean. I felt bad watching the technician struggle with my wheels, these things happen on occasion and I'm just glad no one got hurt. The store manager was very upfront with me and is doing everything he can to get a replacement and that means they may have to get a new one from Mitsubishi as I'm not taking a fixer upper. I called the dealership and they want $1031 for uno!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69860405@N07/6350873689/in/photostream

3. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

Is this the car Tanner drove down the ski hill in top gear? I hate the paddle shifters in the '08 LGT... but I test drove some sort of VW that have special paddle shifters. Those were sweet... Do the MR's work like the VW's.

Is the only option to shift, the paddles, or is there some sort of automatic brain to control shifting when you have over worked those Wac Arnold's fingers of yours. ;)

I will/would love to see it/ ride in it (if you are so kind) next year. I know the place.

Musashi likes this.
  4. Musashi

It's the same car except in TGUS Tanner was driving a 5sp MT GSR. That scene alone helped sell my wife on this car and is probably the main reason why she was so quick to suggest it even when I told her the sale price.

I know what you mean about paddle shifts. There's a lot of crappy ones out there. This is one of the best ones out there, it's milliseconds quick and responsive, you can utilize the paddles in Drive mode or Manuel triptronic mode, that's with the shift lever. There are three transmission modes, Normal-short shifts thru the gears, downshifts slower for a smoother decent, Sport-fast shifts using more powerband and downshifts as you approach a corner or while on the brakes and Super Sport Shift-very very fast shift, you can feel each shift, goes thru all the rev's and you get all the brunt of the power.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Very nice! Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll love it.

6. Musashi

Thanks pal!

7. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

So.... I may have found my braking issue... so this way we can battle in the spring.... hehehe

good liver very much you have EVO now. (<--in Hmong... hahahah)

8. Musashi

Both on stock suspension and Brembo's lol your on.

9. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

10. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Chong's always gonna be a subarubaruser lmao

Musashi likes this.
  11. Musashi

Thanks Pal! I've been there, but haven't made any formal intro's. I play both sides and more, this is still home to me. ;)

12. alphamang

alphamang Member

did you buy the red MR that was at Brookdale Luther Mitsubishi?
    that thing has been there for a couple of months now!

If only there was a white or black GSR around when I bought my STI ... :(

13. Musashi

I believe it is, I wasn't in the market till recently. They did a dealer trade with White Bear, then when I got into the picture BK did a trade back. I'll be honest and if a Dealer isn't willing to negotiate with me especially when I'm ready to buy I'll keep shopping around all it takes is a few internet searches and a few phone calls to find out who's willing to sell it for less. All in all I saved over $3400 from vehicle sales price and accessories like 3M wrap, undercoating and extended warranty. Best Market Value can kiss me in the butt. :p

It's nothing to be bragging about, but if another Dealership can sell for less why can't they, I'm not saying undercutting and taking a loss, I'm just saying don't take advantage of me cause I know you're not planning on inviting me over for Thanksgiving nor buying me a Christmas gift this winter. :coffee:

14. Musashi

Well I hope this thread has been somewhat resourceful. To reiterate both cars are great and offer their one personal qualities. What should matter most is that you're happy with your purchase. I have a pretty clear understanding of what criteria I'm looking for and for what motives I intend to use the car for so in my case it's was obvious the EVO X would do the job. I enjoy driving pretty much anything I can get my hands on and hope to provide addition feed back in the future. Thanks for checking in. ;)

15. lxjzhang

lxjzhang Active Member

Congratulations on your new car! I've never driven an EVO so I don't know much about it. But... I do know at least one thing it must be superior to all our WRX or STI - it does not annoy the owners with all the rattles. It may sound crazy, but if ever my next car is not a Subaru, the #1 reason for me might be I want something that does not rattle when it's new.
    Enjoy your new car!

16. Musashi

And the grass is always greener on the other side, right. Thanks!

17. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

But it's just as hard to mow Chong!lol. The EVO will be more than welcome at the 2012 LaXCruise!;) You are family and all...

Musashi likes this.
  18. Musashi

Oh, but I have 1000hp riding mower! lol

LOL I was being sarcastic, anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience in cars can easily make the mistake of assumpting that it's better on the other side. But little do they know they all have their own set of problems. If you've been around the block you know this is the reality. The only car I've never had issues with is the ones on my wallpaper.

Thanks Pal, this has been family and always will be! :smoke: Every year I look forward to your LaXCruise event but so far the dates have been conflicting with my work. I don't come out to social events much with my busy schedule but this is honestly one of the one's I'd really like to participate in. I know my schedule a year in advance so I'll keep an eye on your thread pal.

I'm really looking forward to the day we can finally play kickball together in the park! :bounce:

tangledupinblu likes this.
  19. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

That's exactly what i meant! The grass tends to look greener on the other side, but either side of the fence still needs upkeep.lol. You just name the Saturday in June that you're not working and i'll make it so!:D kickmahbawlz...good times.

Musashi likes this.
  20. Musashi

Now you're making me feel guilty and most of all bad. I'll have to make right and go tell everyone that everything I've ever said about you were true. ;) I'll pm you pal! Many thanks!

21. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Saw a Maroon Evo X yesterday on 13 no plates. Was that you? I was in my 04 Silver WRX

22. Musashi

It could've been me, did you see the humongous Red IKEA mud guards lol that would be me. I just got my plate today. Will miss driving without plates. :bye: