By popular demand?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I have recieved several requests on doing another dyno day for base pulls. I am looking for some comitments from people to see if this is something we can put together?

Here is what I am thinking. We do some sort of compitition with classes:

2.5rs groups:
    NA
    forced induction

WRX groups:

Stock WRX: just like it says
    Mod WRX: everything except larger turbos
    Boosted WRX: larger turbos

STI groups:

Stock STI: just like it says
    Mod STI: everything except larger turbos
    Boosted STI: larger turbos

For potenial prizes, I would say the easiest would be that the winner for the class does not have to pay for his/her runs depending on the number participating. This to me would be the best since I am not going to hit any local shops to ask for free stuff.

I will not be competing as I think I have an unfair advantage :D and we will have to pick someone or a group of judges to verify that people are playing fair. I will make some runs as I still do not have a number for 93 oct. but mine will not count.

<font size="4">FEEDBACK PLEASE?</font id="size4">

2. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Ummm What about a 2.5rs group? Let us poor people get in on the action.LOL ;)

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Sounds like a plan.

4. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cowboybebop

Ummm What about a 2.5rs group? Let us poor people get in on the action.LOL ;)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

OK

post edited

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Ob1,

This is starting to sound very interesting, how about Winner gets a $50 coach dance at the Vu or Sheeks or KOD! jp. Could me in, and Jeremy has expressed interest as well; is this open to other Scoobies outside our from? I could advertise this to my other local motorsports forums as well.

C }:)

ps. I better start tweeking my car, cuz I wanna wind that coach dance! :D

6. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

How about a tuning session before or after all your base are belong to us pulls? If the dyno time is cheaper I'm a cheap bastard.

7. bikerboy

lol Chong

whoever you want with a SUBI. We are going to need quite a few people to make it work. Otherwise it will have to be a straight dyno day.

8. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RallyNavvie

How about a tuning session before or after all your base are belong to us pulls? If the dyno time is cheaper I'm a cheap bastard.

"Cant use a dyno to tune because of the tire noise" }:)

Tuning will have to be on your own, We did that last weekend, this is a shootout for now.

9. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I can't back out. I'm in!
    [Boosted WRX] :D

10. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

can I get on my bike and dyno how many hp i'm pushing at the wheel? :D

sounds fun but i dun have my suby yet....will be awhile but i'll get it one day...tomorrows not looking good either but someday!

11. Musashi

Ob1,

Start counting your fingers, cuz I'm gonna help u get this party started! The Banner goes across as Scooby WHP shoot out! WEENER gets free Coach dance from Bikerboy!

Is this going to take place at RS Motorsports again? And can u give me an estimate when u plan on this taking place.

C

12. bikerboy

You have to remember I am doing this event as a favor to the people who asked to have it. I just did one event and I will say it is not alote of fun getting everything together.

the nore people that say they want to do this the more inclined I will be to make sure it gets done.

How far out do we want to book this? Sept?

13. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

I may be down for it depending on date and price...

Steve

14. Musashi

Ob1,

I think early Sept would be great, that way we can get more people. I'll start posting this info and will keep you informed.

Can I pick the dress for ya?

C

*I need more details:
    Where: RS motorsports?
    How many pulls: 2 base line pulls?
    How much: $50-$60 per car?
    Food?
    ect?

15. kickin_81

I'm liking the idea more and more... ;)

16. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Time, price, and date dependant: I'm in.

17. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

Most definitely interested, but subject to date...

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Remember the Sat of the 14th is Rallyfest, and the rally is aug 27-28th. I am in depending on weekend.

Russ

19. Musashi

I was thinking Sept 4 or something. Hey before we know it, it will already be FALL.

C

20. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

i would like to do a base pull and see where my car is actually at but would we get a group discount? i am kind of strapped for Teh MonaY!

Ben

21. Musashi

For all you monkey's complaining about not having enough money for this event, you can start donating blood or take the bus to work or get some money from your Mom and Pop's, I'm sure it will be anywhere around $70 or less for two pulls. You'll be sorry if U dont.

So get to work.

C 8D

22. kickin_81

Chong, when did you become our boss? Don't make me enjoy beating you on the dyno. :?: Hehehe!

23. bikerboy

Chong and I have talked I think he is going to be the one to run this event as I did the last one

24. Musashi

Mr. F,

I dont care if your Dyno numbers are bigger, it will just make you look even funnier when I push you even harder at the TOUGHE course, than you can do your Fong-ky Chicken Run dance and get off course you may even have to pay for it this time. You may think you got me, but this story does not end here!

C :D

25. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

You may think you got me, but this story does not end here!

C :D

Ummm, yes it does. :D

So, is the confirmed date on Sept. 4? Chong, have you decided yet on a payment deadline for us who are planning to make base runs?

I'm assuming this event will last the whole day, so we'll be hungry. If we all pitch in $5 each for pizza, we can have pizza for lunch!!! I love Papa John's pizza. I don't know if they currently have any deals though. Pizza and soda will keep me happy. :)

26. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

yeah i'm interested.
    the soon we have a date the more able i'd be able to adjust schedual.
    who knows, maybe i'll even have my utec. :)

27. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I might be in it, depending if my STUFF will get on my suby in time. Fong; why not dyno the BRP also?

28. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

Hmmm....I might be in it, depending if my STUFF will get on my suby in time. Fong; why not dyno the BRP also?

Because it will cost two times the price. Duh. :p
    I would like to know how much hp it puts out, but I don't think it'll happen this time.

29. Musashi

Notes:

1. Food
    2. Drinks
    3. Prize

What I need is suggestions on what date will work best, and a list of what class your going to be competing in. I have some people asking if we can make this a open event to all AWD owners instead of just Scoobies. If we do, I have a strong supporter for the event!

C

Suggestions please! Mr. F do us a favor and keep the crying at home and off the forum. :D :eek:) Otherwise make sure you come out the the next Road Race event and I'll make sure you go home washing your car. }:)

30. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushashi

Mr. F do us a favor and keep the crying at home and off the forum. :D :eek:) Otherwise make sure you come out the the next Road Race event and I'll make sure you go home washing your car. }:)

:eek:....Thats Cold......YOU two are always at it 24/7 on here?

You guys wanna show your stuff so someone can back off?

31. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I won't be available Aug 13-14 and Sept 11-12... any other weekend should do for me. Just name the date, time and price.

32. Musashi

Yang,

We're not exactly having a weeny contest here, so no we're not going to show our stuff. Mr. F and I are just trying to build some Steam so we can drive this event into reality. Would u like to join us?

MNsubaru is a small community and there is usually not awhole to be ravin about. Yang you know look forward to reading what we post up next!

C

*I'm still wait'n for someone to get back at me for all those things I said about JP, OB1, Mr. F and anyone else, but not all at once! ;):D

33. bikerboy

I would say since we dont have a strong turn out that we ditch the classes as we have them. If we would like to open it to othe makes so be it i dont care. Then you could do some different classes.

I really dont care I dont need to run but is somebody wants me there to carry the subi flag then I will.

34. Musashi

Ob1,

I'll see you tomorrow and we'll work out the details.

C

35. kickin_81

Weenie contest?! Well! I'll never!

If drinks are a concern, I don't have a cooler, but I can chill some 2 liters overnight and buy some ice and cups from across the street. :D