Car Show at State Fair grounds

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by hi Im paul yath, Jun 16, 2004.

1. hi Im paul yath

hi Im paul yath Guest

Import Showdown will take place at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds on the 25th, 26th and 27th of June 2004.
    Register early is a MUST and space is very limited.
    For more information contact Import Showdown at 952-285-4344 or write to: Import Showdown 7204 27th Street, Suite 211 St. Louis Park, MN 55426

Anyone plan on heading to this? Who's down with this? I think the MNsubaru club should roll and represent.

Paul

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I posted this into a thread before, but no one responded. I'm going because I like looking at other cars and stuff. :) I'm not signing up my car. It's not show worthy.

3. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

isn't it to late to resgister?

4. morganm

morganm New Member

not show worthy? what knida of bs is that!

i'm calling right now :D

5. morganm

morganm New Member

**** nobody picked up :( but i left a message

are there any requirments or some lame stuff? i might have a tough time meeting any requirments with an old dirty lifted GL wagon :D

6. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My car is go worthy. If I wanted my car to be show worthy, I would have to get some Altezza taillights, tight rims yo, fart-cannon coffee cans, and neon lights. I grew out of the "hey, look at me! I drive a show car" lifestyle. But I sure love to look at cars and women. I will be there! :D

7. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

My car is go worthy. If I wanted my car to be show worthy, I would have to get some Altezza taillights, tight rims yo, fart-cannon coffee cans, and neon lights. I grew out of the "hey, look at me! I drive a show car" lifestyle. But I sure love to look at cars and women. I will be there! :D

Hmm I guess I wont fit in much then; mine isnt a show car :D

8. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81
    If I wanted my car to be show worthy, I would have to get some Altezza taillights, tight rims yo, fart-cannon coffee cans, and neon lights. I grew out of the "hey, look at me! I drive a show car" lifestyle. But I sure love to look at cars and women. I will be there! :D

"Hmmmm Kinda Sounds like Me :cool:"

9. morganm

morganm New Member

I just called and asked about registration and stuff.

The lady on the phone said registration was over but you can still get in. Just show up FRI and SAT between 8AM and 12PM, find a spot and I guess your're in! Best part is that it's FREE :D

Apparently if you still want to be in the actual competition you can still register there FRI morning but I didnt ask about that cuz I dotn care about any competition. I jsut wanna show up and hang out :)

I work all day friday so I doubt I'll be there FRI but I should be free 8-12 SAT. Hope to see some MNSUBARU duders there!

Latez

10. kickin_81

You fellas want to show up Sat then? I'm meeting with a tutor Sat morning, so I can make it in the afternoon. I wonder where the Subaru's are going to hang out at.

11. hi Im paul yath

hi Im paul yath Guest

I got through and the lady said that if you just want to show off your car, then come saturday, and if you wanna compete, then friday. I'm plannin on competing and will be there on friday and maybe Saturday.

12. morganm

morganm New Member

I will be there SAT from 8AM till 12PM. Tony said he might come too in his EA81 hatchback. Just look for the funny old lifted subarus :)

13. morganm

morganm New Member

I better not be the only **** Subaru there! :D

bump'n it UP

14. kickin_81

I don't know if I'm going to be the only Subie there, too. I'm going to show up (if I have friends to attend as well) in the afternoon. See whoever there tomorrow. :)

15. hi Im paul yath

hi Im paul yath Guest

look for me, I'll be there.

16. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

17. hi Im paul yath

hi Im paul yath Guest

Lets all try to forget that this "car show" was even mentioned. I apologize to everyone for posting this. I see better cars at Midway.

Paul

18. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

A couple of guys posted at mnsportcompacts and said there were no cars there at all. they said if you counted theirs the total was 6 and they weren't entered in the show

19. kickin_81

I saw no host and no prizes given out (what $50000 in prizes?). I only saw a few guys with cars, a merchant, and some spectators walking and standing around. Very un-organized. I wasted my time. :mad:

If they took the lot to their advantage, it would have been better. At least allow some burnouts or skidding for some action.

20. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

thats sucks, sounds like it was really gonna be a blast but guess not. I heard something big is going on this weekend somewhere for the holiday.