Cars and Coffee 2011 starts this Saturday

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by JesseJames, Mar 28, 2011.

1. JesseJames

JesseJames Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell Cars and Coffee 2011 is getting going again this year starting on Saturday, April 2nd. I was surprised there wasn't anything posted here so I thought I'd let everyone know. Maybe someone else can confirm.

2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

Someone posted over on the autox board that it was happening on Saturday and every first Saturday until Fall.

3. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Yep, it's happening. But can I just say after going a handful of times over the years, there needs to be more control of what cars are parking "inside" unless your car is nicely detailed and show worthy why take a spot that could be left for a car that stands out. I love subarus as much as everyone else but isn't this a gathering for the rare or exotic non daily driven type cars (right?) This doesn't go for just the subarus but some of the euro stuff and evos too. It's almost embarassing in a way.

4. carl

carl Well-Known Member

I've only gone once and was amazed at some of the stock looking cars people brought in. I may bring the rally car out for the May event

5. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of any criteria for parking. I have gone to the Wings and Wheels in Osceola a couple times and all kinds of stuff is "shown" there.

6. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

^^^That's a once a year big event though. I don't think there truly is a criteria other than parking in the correct section like vette, viper, exotic and yes even japanese but still I can't help but think just cause it's japanese a plain jane wrx/civic/evo that hasn't even been cleaned fits the bill for what the event is about. Nothing wrong with it I just can't help but notice when a car looks outta place and there are plenty more cars I'd rather look at out in the general parking area. I'll admit I even parked my car in there once after detailing it the entire night before and still felt a little weird doing it.

7. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

i agree, this is a show for your not so run of the mill cars. i am thinking of going but at no point to show off the car. go take a look at some of the cars that come out. but like every car show there is going to be someone who has nothing to show off and just want to show off there to say they did.

8. JesseJames

JesseJames Well-Known Member

I agree I've seen a fair share of cars that didn't seem to "belong" at C&C over the last 3 years I've been going. I was planning to go purely as a spectator as my Saabaru's visible mod list consists of: 1. aftermarket wheels.....

and under the hood is currently stock until I install the turbo inlet hose and MAF hose I have sitting in my garage waiting for warmer days....not too mention my engine bay is not detailed.

I was just curious if other members would be there. I'm tentatively planning to go and I should be easy to spot, since there are only a handful of black 9-2x aero's in town and I think I'm the only one with bronze wheels although there could be another one around, I'm not really sure.

9. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Working Saturday mornings = :emo:

10. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

woot, another fellow saabaru. My visual mods only include wheels as well (dark grey). I do have a few things under the hood and the saabaru's are pretty rare...but I still don't think that I'll be displaying my car.

either way, I would like to make it out to some of these events. I unfortunately will be out of town this weekend.

11. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

ok, so any details on these events? location? times? schedule? etc?

12. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

13. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

14. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

I'll be going down

15. engstb

engstb Well-Known Member

Stop by MAPerformance for free NOS Drinks and RC Drifting!!!!

16. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

+1 For this!

17. SpoolinWrxGirl

SpoolinWrxGirl Member

I really want to come...I'm stuck working this weekend tho so hopefully next one =(

18. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

^ I hear you there, I'll be more than likely working sat and sun ugh. Hopefully I can make it out there to check it out. I've never been so I'm looking forward to it.

19. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I plan to go on Saturday. And no, I won't be driving the Subaru. I will be driving this:

[​IMG]

Certainly not your average daily driver.

Show is from 8 am to 11 am. First Saturday of the month.