Cars and Coffee 2014

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by T_riggidy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

You have to stack one on top of the other so you don't take up two spots for one cool car.

T_riggidy likes this.
  2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Exactly this. And that is why I said in my first attempt at explaining it that "let's not caravan there as 20-30 Subarus and flood the lot just because we can." Have respect for the event. Nobody drives to Chanhassen to look at an essentially stock Forester that "looks nice." You can see that pretty much everywhere and anywhere. And if you fill a bunch of spots with plain jane Subarus, you end up becoming a pariah at C&C. Ask the Infiniti guys how that pans out. A couple years back, they got a heap of backlash for parking 30 - 40 G35s in the import section, essentially taking over. It pissed alot of people off. They may have deleted it from the Facebook page, but some of the people that run C&C were getting flack for filling up row after row of what, essentially, boiled down to 30-40 stock BMW 3-series with aftermarket wheels.
    And that is exactly my point, let's not become the next group that just fills as many spots as possible with plain jane examples of Subarus just because "we got there early" or "I think my car looks really nice." Because what happens is, the rest of the groups, especially the ones that have unique examples of their cars, get pissed, and then the community starts getting pissed because those unique cars are being relegated to the spectator lot because you thought we needed one more plain Subaru down there.

Also, not sure what it is you're implying about my Z being there. I was the only 350z roadster at the place. I keep it tastefully modded, it isn't trashed with stancetard ****, and it's relatively clean considering the distance I have to drive to get it there. And in the 15 minutes I sat down near it with AWDImprezaL to chat, we had about 10 people stop and walk around it. Some commenting that it looks fantastic.

3. GiMp

GiMp Well-Known Member

Musta been the 3 series owners with aftermarket wheels commenting on the 350z.

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  4. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

So your 350z roadster is ok but my Forester isn't. No one drives all the way to chan to look at a 350z roadster, or a forester. They go to enjoy the entire gathering. You are also being a bit hypocritical, since I was the only forester there, no stancetard **** and tastefully, regardless of it being lightly, modded.

T_riggidy likes this.
  5. readymix

Now, go to the nearest Cub foods and count the number of 350z roadsters you see vs. the number of near stock Foresters you see.....Now imagine that Cub foods is a car show and you've just driven 40 miles to that Cub foods parking lot to walk around for 3 hours.

Mr.Tran likes this.
  6. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I don't have a stock Forester.

Ryan FailRad and T_riggidy like this.
  7. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

How about I count the number or tool/d-bags vs the number of women who drive 350z's:)

8. readymix

Hey, you know what? Go for it. Everyone gets a trophy. Just don't be surprised when summer comes around and they either start turning you away, or people in the show area start talking bad about "oh look, ANOTHER subaru with black wheels." I tried to make a reasonable plea, but ultimately, it isn't my problem. This group, like the others before it, will learn the hard way, and we'll recover eventually. But do keep being part of the problem and patting yourself on the back for doing it.

9. readymix

There's a really good reason why I don't frequent Z or G forums. And it's because a majority are toolbags. Don't think I'm not ashamed of my fellow owners.

Nhibbs likes this.
  10. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

Shabbaru and T_riggidy like this.
  11. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

Patting myself on the back because I too get a lot of compliments or??? Your argument sounds very hypocritical since you were parked in there so you too are part of the problem my friend!
    P.s. They're hyper black:)

Shabbaru likes this.
  12. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

Have you even read the website?

Here's a word for word quote from MN C&C's website:

"Parking is limited to a first-come, first-served basis – if you want a prime parking spot, get here early."

Nowhere does it say "You have to be a special snowflake to be here"

T_riggidy likes this.
  13. readymix

That wasn't directed at you.

14. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

If anyone ever doubts that, you'll have something to point at. In the mean time we're having a civil conversation about self-policing so we don't do the same thing other groups have done that resulted in pissing off large swaths of people and ultimately devaluing Tyler's hard work. People were saying the same things about C&C as they were about RKC. Justifiably so, IMO.

If you're hell bent on sticking with "because I can and you're not even my real dad", then I guess we're at an indefinite impasse.

Nhibbs and T_riggidy like this.
  15. readymix

Self-policing is for people that don't get there early. Better to miss the entire point and just stay the course. It will definitely end differently this time.

16. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Lets not turn this into a pissing match. Just cause you have a clean WRX, doesnt mean its something new. Almost every combination of bolt on mods have been put on a wrx before you bought yours. In 20 years if your wrx still looks as good, lets talk.

No arguments of what they have written on their website. The overlying point is that most of us (probably you included) want to see rare cars that we don't get to see often, like for instance a $6mil Ferrari, custom built Panteras, etc. C&C is around to set up the masses (mostly car enthusiasts) with the chance to see rare cars that don't run the streets.

Did you ever notice they tuck the subarus and other common tuner cars in the back corner which gets significantly less traffic than other areas? No offense to all, but I would rather see Surly's relatively stock looking 5th gen LGT and 5 wrx's rather than 6 wrx's.

Mr.Tran and Nhibbs like this.
  17. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I'm not sticking with "Because I can and you're not my real dad" don't put words in my mouth to make me seem immature.

I'm sticking with, I'm the only one of my type, and maybe people like a little variety. There is nothing wrong with diversifying the show further.

Exactly my thoughts with my FXT.

18. readymix

[​IMG]

Deride and Curry like this.
  19. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

EDIT: Nevermind.

20. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Soooooo much piss!

Ryan FailRad and T_riggidy like this.
  21. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    __________________________THIS THREAD

22. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

It seems a few of you are trying to put words in the mouths of C&C by saying keep your broke ass **** at home. They have a spot for import tuners, as stated it is in the low traffic spot tucked away. Park your Forrester there and hang out, when it fills up or if the guys flagging people in tell you to park in spectator parking then that is their call. I would respect this conversation more if it was more of a "If you are representing MNSubaru at the event, please be aware of the space available and allow room for other wonderful cars as to not over saturate the event". But the way this has all been brought up is a judging of peoples car as unworthy because you personally dislike it, so park that broke hater **** somewhere no one can see it.

Nhibbs, T_riggidy and Shabbaru like this.
  23. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

Thank you, you actually make sense.

There is a spot for us, so I take advantage of it.

T_riggidy likes this.
  24. SurlyOldManMN

Re-read the thread. Thanks.

25. readymix

We tried to push the "don't saturate the event" point, but then it had to go on the defensive against the "I got there first and they let me park, so screw what you came to see." responses.

26. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Jerf, I hear what you are saying. I am not disparaging anyones car. I am also not saying that Shabb, Ready or T_rigs shouldn't bring their cars out.

I am saying that at C&C events, I would prefer to see a larger variety of cars (i.e. lower quantities of common cars). The only way to effectively do this is to have the organizers limit the number of common models which is difficult to do. Probably not going to happen.

27. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

Okay remind me!!

Shabbaru and Curry like this.
  28. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

On my calendar!

T_riggidy likes this.
  29. readymix

Basically, re-read the thread, and replace any hint of "They didn't say no to me" to "I didn't say no to me."

We tried to press the point of "Police yourselves" and it turned into "They didn't police us."

30. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

We are barking up the wrong tree of who needs to police themselves.

31. SurlyOldManMN

That sounds interesting. Please go on.

32. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

Well it's obvious Trent should be in the front of the row, his is by far one of my favorites, along with many others.

You should be in the show, didn't see a single legacy there.

Anyone with a Forester should get invited to the party, there are none except me and I feel weird, I know of one other guy with an XT and he's never here, his far exceeds mine too, it's a great car.

The number of Subarus there are fine, it's the number of similar Subarus. Almost everyone arguing here has a completely different car.

T_riggidy likes this.
  33. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

There are about 10 SG5/9 FXT's on the forums.

34. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I'm aware there are more, but I've only seen one other one at any meet/shows and that was Sears Sunday a few weeks ago. And the same FXT at B4B.

35. ryjacobs

ryjacobs Well-Known Member

Soooooo who's going next month?

36. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

This in repeat!

T_riggidy likes this.
  37. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

So my question is.. Does everyone that attends the show only want to see high end exotics? How many people don't care for them and actually prefer to see the every day "plain jane" cars? Honestly, if everyone brought a Ferrari or Lambo we would be in the same situation as an entire row full of VW's and Subarus. Having a high variety (granted everyday cars) makes the show what it is. A large amount of photos being posted from the show every month are of all random cars, regardless if they are common place. So in my opinion people like to see everything that is being shown. I'd also like to point out that a 5 year old kid most likely doesn't know the difference (price wise or how common) a Ferrari is to say a.. Subaru. I am a high advocate for kids being at these shows because it brings them so much joy. So in a childs eyes, maybe a Subaru is a Ferrari.

T_riggidy and Shabbaru like this.
  38. SurlyOldManMN

Does it surprise you that people are arguing the point of letting truly special cars take center stage even though they have cars that are "different" from what is already down there? If you can figure out why that is, then I'll know you at least understand my point even if you don't agree.

Hint #1: Perspective shifts a lot when you take YOUR personal preferences and what YOU drive out of the equation.
    Hint #2: My legacy is indeed a little different from what's already down there. Different for the sake of different is not always a good thing.

39. SurlyOldManMN

Not even close. You skimmed, didn't you? :)

40. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I've had a long day of class and I'm not in the mood to decipher your opinion, there is nothing wrong with directly stating it. But I like wagons. So do some other people. There are not enough "truly special" Subarus to fill up the row, so why not add some variety? Different may not always be a good thing, but there is nothing wrong with you being in the show.

41. ryjacobs

ryjacobs Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more garage doors open that don't have screens on them. The sun reflects on them and then you can't see in. :(

Realistically, I definitely understand why they do that.

Some of those garages are so darn awesome.

42. SurlyOldManMN

I like it when they just put the cones and tape up. I suppose some people still wouldn't take a hint so they had to do something a little more physically impeding.

43. SurlyOldManMN

Oh, I've stated it a bunch of times. Just not sure if it sunk in.

Also, there are most definitely a metric **** ton of pretty special, well builts Subaru's in the state. We'll just have to disagree on that one.

44. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Oooh once a month car Show, I've been waiting all month to see stock mass produced vehicles! This is why I haven't gone to C&C as much. Hammered out fenders, stock foresters, primered civics. I'd be embarrassed. When your leaving people aren't admiring your car when they stare. They are thinking "wtf is this guy doing down here" when they passed 15 - 30 cars that actually should be parked down there. We don't have an issue with your car. We just laugh that you think it's worthy of people from all around the state and out of state to come look at and admire. After isn't that part of a car show?

Curry, Tash and T_riggidy like this.
  45. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

It's not stock. I'm trying to be humble.

It's still not very modified but it's not stock. And I get compliments all the time, I've never had a single person talk down to me about my car, except on MN Subaru, imagine that. The attitudes around here are astounding.

T_riggidy and fancyfootwork15 like this.