Cars and Coffee 2014

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by T_riggidy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

That's pretty much what the infinity guys said a couple years ago. Just before getting shamed out of the event. Heads up.

Nhibbs likes this.
  2. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I'm sure. No one is going to shame me out of the event, even if every single person knew who I was and completely hated my guts I'd still show up. Cars are a big part of my life I'm not going to let others ruin it for me.

T_riggidy likes this.
  3. SurlyOldManMN

No you're not. I'm not saying that tongue in cheek or with hyperbole. Have you not been around very long?

4. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I don't care if the Infiniti crew got shamed out of the event. I'm not going to be "shamed out of" my second biggest passion next to snowboarding.

T_riggidy likes this.
  5. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

6. SurlyOldManMN

Well at least you aren't selfish about it amirite? I know (well, I had a hunch) you don't care about anyone but yourself. That was my point.

:coffee:

Nhibbs likes this.
  7. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I honestly don't know what you want from me, I see you and a few other people enjoyed my comments based on the shoutbox. I just wish people had a better attitude in the car community. Every group I've ever been in has been like this. Everyone is just a dick to each other.

I wish I would see Legacies, Foresters, Imprezas, Outbacks, the whole lot in the show. I'm sorry if I like bringing all the different people together. We might not agree but you don't have to be disrespectful about it. You are probably a bit older than myself, I'm generally one of the younger people around in groups like this.

I'm done, if you want to talk about it further private message me. Or find me at the next C&C. Can't miss my black Forester, probably going to be the only one there.

tooch pac, T_riggidy and Ryan FailRad like this.
  8. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

...I'm just here for the gang bang

T_riggidy likes this.
  9. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Last month when I was there, there was approximately 2 garage doors open (being generous) and roughly 7300 wrb imprezas. Why can't we just say if you have a wrb impreza of any sort you should just spectate?

T_riggidy likes this.
  10. SurlyOldManMN

That's... ironic... in a conversation about lack of respect for others at MN C&C. I have no doubt this conversation will be more productive in person. I'll do that.

T_riggidy and Ryan FailRad like this.
  11. Shabbaru

Shabbaru Active Member

I want others to come in, I would GLADLY move my car if someone asked me to.

Seriously, find me, I would actually love to talk about it. I realize I got a bit off track and made it seem like it was about me but I was trying to speak on behalf of others with my uncommon taste.

12. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Coming from somebody that finally just experienced their first C&C ever last weekend, it's insane to me that this argument a) has gone on as long as it has and b) was even needed in the first place. I don't remember seeing any WRX wagons in the show, but I still parked mine a block and a half away so that I could hopefully take in something much cooler than my own car (which doesn't take much, but still).

I did thoroughly enjoy looking at a few '04/05 STI's because it's my favorite body style, but I bet a bigger number of people didn't even break off the main path to go down and look at them. The perception I had of the crazy variety of cars that I would see there, based on pictures of previous events, was what got me so excited to go. But several times found myself laughing with the wife at how many totally stock (appearing) vehicles were there. I think the worst one was the "American" section, good god. I think I saw a new body style V6 Camaro in there. Really?

Hagadorn, Tash, Nhibbs and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sjogun

Sjogun Active Member

I Saw A Damned Pt Cruiser In There! Baaaaaaaaaarf!

14. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

The point being missed over and over and over again, is there is a damn spot for these types of cars. I myself do not want to go to C&C and see any car that costs less than probably $50k, that's why I GO and maybe why most go. But saying you WRX driving ****tards should park out back so we have more room for Ferrari's when the Ferrari's don't park in the import tuner spot makes no sense. Yes if I saw a Subaru driver trying to park next to some Porsche in the Exotic section I would personally tell him to move his ****. So for the future of the winless thread I say we create a list of all people interested in attending the next C&C and we have a vote on who is worthy of allowing the masses to view their ****box. Deal?

**** the map shows a whole damn row for VW and noone bats an eye.....

T_riggidy likes this.
  15. Sjogun

Sjogun Active Member

I'm Going Don't Really Care If My Car Is Down There Or Spectator Parking. My 16 Year Old Subie Might Have Too Many Door Dings Anyways ;)

SCIFIDELITY and Nhibbs like this.
  16. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

Easy With The Capital Letters Killer

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  17. Krazylegz1485

My fav's:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. GiMp

GiMp Well-Known Member

I'm favin the yoga pants?

mnstilynwrx, Curry, drac77 and 7 others like this.
  19. Sjogun

Sjogun Active Member

For some reason when I post with my phone it capitalizes every word. Don't know why, just does. Sorry duuude.

SCIFIDELITY likes this.
  20. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

I would also like to join to thoroughly understand and take all of this in. You'll find me and your common impreza that ONLY I LIKE:)

Shabbaru likes this.
  21. Krazylegz1485

Pretty much. Perfect timing for a pic of the War Machine I says to myself.

T_riggidy, ryjacobs and Ryan FailRad like this.
  22. Weird0

Weird0 Well-Known Member

This was one of the UNIQUE one's that I loved! Tuned in on how he hand sculpted the whole widebody kit. Little things from the deleted headlights to the little vents in the in the front bumper. Well put together car, I gotta say!
    C&C and MNsubaru meet 160.JPG

C&C and MNsubaru meet 163.JPG

C&C and MNsubaru meet 164.JPG

T_riggidy likes this.
  23. ryjacobs

ryjacobs Well-Known Member

I assumed it was just originally installed to keep bugs and other stuff out. Most of those garages seem to have some sort of living quarters for hanging out, and they probably want to be able to open the door but not let wildlife in - just like a home.

24. SurlyOldManMN

Could be that and it just caught on. Couple years ago there was no such thing.

25. Krazylegz1485

That's what I was thinking. A friend of ours made their own with some screen material and furring strips to keep the bugs out of the garage but still enjoy the weather. Poor man's screen porch (doesn't apply at the Motorplex...)

Ryan FailRad likes this.
  26. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

The American area is a little sad....alot of v6 mustangs too.....but seriously, did anyone see the yellow rally art lancer with the "MN Whipz" sticker on the windsheild? Who let that in? I would have rather seen all stock boring cars than that abomination. The owners of cars like that are the reason there are so many horrible ricer pictures on the Internet.

Nhibbs and T_riggidy like this.
  27. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

Haha yeah I saw the whip!! It was really eye catching not it a good way!

28. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

My 180K mile 17 year old daily driven Jaguar is more rare and special than your stage 2 wrx. Even with a completely worn front seat and less than perfect paint. For the very reason that you'll likely never see more than one a week, if that.

I wanna know the exact day the Subaru crowd changed from a lovable group of normal/somewhat eclectic humans, into a group of bed wetting, whining, SCENSTERS that feel they are owed something. I'm glad to still own a couple subarus, but I'll always miss the summer(s) of love 2004-2008. RIP.

29. SurlyOldManMN

Still hung up on it being exotics vs not exotics? You didn't go through and read the whole thread again when advised, did ya? :coffee:

T_riggidy likes this.
  30. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

No on is saying your car shouldn't be there, just 50 subarus shouldnt show up. Ideally we would have the cream of the MNSubaru Crop representing us at C&C but thats likely not happening.

Who on here is talking down to you about your car?

@SurlyOldManMN, @MN3.6R, and @Shabbaru: Can we agree this discussion is going nowhere and move on?

Yes it has.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

There are still a bunch of people here who dont fall into that group but they are becoming few and far between. That has a lot to do with the bulk of those people growing up and having more responsibility. Tuesday meets, dine and drives and a few other of our events are usually a blast and their is very little douchery. The forums have turned into the place where noobz, douches and the people who like to **** with the former two groups.

xodad2 and Nhibbs like this.
  31. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

I still don't get this..... There wasn't 50 subarus, there wasn't even 25 maybe 10 parked down there so can I just get some clarification as to where this is coming from??

32. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

This was my 2nd time there and at least half of ALL the cars were the same ones from last year, even the ones in the garage.

I say if you want to show your car, go ahead, but just once, not every month and every year. We've seen it already.

33. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Anyone going tomorrow? I might go park my crappy old car in the show so I can get ridiculed in this post the next day.

tangledupinblu and T_riggidy like this.
  34. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

I'm going. Won't be doing any ridiculing though. You going to be shooting?

T_riggidy likes this.
  35. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

I salute you good sir!!!

36. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

I'm going tomorrow!

37. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

I might bring a camera but I haven't been very good about editing photos from C&C in the past. Most of the time I load them onto my computer and never look at them again. LOL. Car show photos don't really do much for me.

T_riggidy likes this.
  38. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

Same here. Going to try to do some panning shots for once.

T_riggidy likes this.
  39. T_riggidy

T_riggidy BANNED

Lol yes I do the exact same!!

40. Tim the Plumber

Tim the Plumber Well-Known Member

Leaving in a just a few to take the rally car down. Got a late start this morning after all the 4th festivities. Hope I can find a decent spot to park

41. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Well, no one can ridicule me because I didn't get in. Showed up about 15 min before 8 and was told I had to park up in the grass. Had a 2015 STI along with me and they didn't let him in either.

Looked like a great turnout and it was great weather.

T_riggidy and punky2.5 like this.
  42. punky2.5

punky2.5 Member

Was excited to see this until.... 20140705_081635.jpg This beast showed up!
    20140705_084902.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Weird0, fancyfootwork15 and T_riggidy like this.
  43. punky2.5

punky2.5 Member

Me and my buddy was behind you guys when we pulled in. haha...we were in the psm wrx following you guys.

T_riggidy likes this.
  44. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Yes, my car twin. I saw that back there.

punky2.5 likes this.
  45. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member