Club BBQ / Grill Day

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by TSTRBOY2004, May 12, 2005.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

<font face="Georgia"><font color="blue">When is the MNSUBARU club going to get a afternoon where we can cruise and grill together???

I would Love to get together with a bunch of Subaru Maniacs for a BBQ and cruise... should be a monthly thing!!!

What ya'll think?!?!?! </font id="Georgia"></font id="blue">

2. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

We're one of the flakiest groups when it comes ot getting together for things. Other than the events held at the dealership and getting together at Firestone there's not a lot of events you can count on any of us showing up to.

I would be in for a grilling/picnic event as long as it's on the weekend in the NW burbs.

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

If food is provided, I'm in! Seriously! :D

4. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

ide rock a BBQ all day

5. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i would be up for a meet and eat gathering.

6. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

Also it would be a good suby pictures day.

7. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Count me in.

8. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

as long as I don't work and barring any other super important events I'd be there.

9. jNorthWRX

jNorthWRX Well-Known Member

sounds like a good idea, i think wrxboy2003 even volunteered himself to organize it from posting this :D

10. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I was thinking of doing it at Firestone on a Saturday like when they close. Then we could do it and stay until dark. Of course there's a lot of us, but we'd fill up the lot and side of the streets. That grass across the street on the borth side of the block is the park. It stretches across infront of the building but it's still the park, not private property.

11. Dynapar

i say we just pick a weekend like a sunday afternoon, and have it at a park. ie grills provided (bring own charcoal), and ample parking space to organize our cars for a sweet subie group picture. we could even park by year for a cool timeline effect. (got this idea from a meet in california the organized by color had like 15 white subies and 15 blue subbies in a line going blue -> white. it looked awsome)

12. TSTRBOY2004

I would organise it but seeing as I am one of the newest members and the only one I kinda know is Fuji... I dont know anywheres around the cities to do that sort of stuff... I am from Australia.... and have only been here 3 yrs...

I own a business.... have a wife, an 11mth old, one due in like 4 weeks, selling our house, just bought another signing in 3 weeks... so I kinda have my plate full...

if we could set a future date and get a committment then we should do it... if everyone threw in like $5 - $10 we could get a bunch of steaks or snags (sausages)...

keep getting some ideas going... dates etc... then lets confirm something...

13. Dynapar

i would totally pitch in to help pay for food/pop. i am not sure where a good location would be for everyone. i know a few good spots out here int eh western suburbs. like baker park around lake independence is nice. also i think since it three river parks we might not have to pay to enter. (this is about 20 min west of the cities via 394)

14. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i really think we should work on having a group drive at least once a month. Even on firestone nights...maybe leave for a little while and cruise somewhere.

15. AWDimprezaL

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

i really think we should work on having a group drive at least once a month. Even on firestone nights...maybe leave for a little while and cruise somewhere.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    WERD!;)

16. kickin_81

It's gotta be somewhere in the middle of everyone. The last meet we had (in Anoka) only had 4 cars show and 2 girls. :p

I'm willing to help donate 12 oz. cans of pop in my cooler.

17. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

That would be fun and yeah I'd pitch in:p

18. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

count me in, im up for anything. If money is needed to make this happen, i'll chip in wat ever the amount per person to help out.

19. scoobydreamin

scoobydreamin Well-Known Member

20. kickin_81

If at a park on a nice day, we could play a lil' football game (or volleyball) if we have a large enough group. :)

21. Dynapar

this will be fun. i dont know bout leaving firestone. if we leave wont some other people YOINK our spot? might have to do it at the end of the night.

22. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I know where that park is.

23. TSTRBOY2004

what.. someone might park at firestone instead.... bummer... think of all the standing round you would miss instead of getting to know other people during the DAY... playing some ball grilling.. hmmmmmm

I though it would be a great idea to get to knwo people better cause my first experience out at Firestone was kinda average to be honest.. Fuji was the only one who really made me feel welcome... there was a couple of other guys I chatted to kinda...

But hey... whatever... If I wanted to stand around all night and laugh at people I could just sit at home and watch saturday night live.. and I have never watched a full show... TOO BORING

24. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

I'm down for this idea. I think something in the daytime hours maybe a Sat or Sun would be fun. I still have that portible grill and would pitch in for some higher grade hotdogs this time too.

Richfield? Legion Park?

25. hercules

hercules New Member

is it gonna happen anytime soon?? cause my subey is gonna be down for a couple of dayz or maybe weeks...

26. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

how about in como park or the lake calhoun, for my suggestions

27. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i hope this isnt one of those threads we talk about for a week and nothing ever happens. :mad:

28. AWDimprezaL

well i hope it doesnt happen this weekend, i, a groomsmen in my freinds funeral, i mean wedding:D

29. TSTRBOY2004

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jdgrimm

i hope this isnt one of those threads we talk about for a week and nothing ever happens. :mad:

I just asked a question.. truthfully judging by the participation on this forum I didnt expect too much to happen...

I hope to see it happen... I am out of town this weekend... I would hold somehting at my shop on a saturday afternoon.. will have a cusotm grill soon... and plenty of parking here or in the Cub foods next to me... and 6 lifts to play on...

But hey... nobody wants to DRIVE their cars anywhere other than 5 miles form where they live... so who knows when it would ever happen

30. AWDimprezaL

i drive 20 miles to firestone every friday, and soon it will be 40 miles! (monticello);)

31. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tbone

how about in como park or the lake calhoun, for my suggestions

+1 for como, lake calhoun is way to crowded.

32. wrxchic

wrxchic New Member

either calhoun or the shop, i'm game!

33. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

what about twin's lake off rice street? they have a pretty nice picnic area by the little stream with grills and tables. and they have restrooms! we know we all need some of those!

34. AWDimprezaL

how about down by the river, perhaps we could watch some street racing, but not participate;)

35. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

How about we meet at firestone, do a nice fun drive down to porkys and have some food. That sounds like a fun day.

j/k i am in for whatever if its not to far away

36. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I have an earth shattering idea, let's keep Firestone separate! Why does just about everyone think this has to piggyback on Firestone. I do not go to Firestone, nor do I have any intent on ever going... Now a separate event, that I would be interested in. Either down in Shakopee (hey it's less than 10min from my house, hehehe) or at a somewhat centrally located park in Mpls or St. Paul. The reason I don't want to drive across town is that I typically only stay an hour or two and a 1.5-2hr round trip drive makes it less enticing... My $0.02, anyway.

37. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

yeah, this should be a seperate event. We can have it on the weekends, wether its saturday or sunday. From morning til when ever?

38. AWDimprezaL

too good for firestone? pffft what is MNsubaru without firestone:mad:

39. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

i never said we skip firestone :p...that's why we do it before the usual firestone time so we can just all head there afterwards.:p

40. kickin_81

Back on topic: This saturday is going to be nice. :)

41. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

+1
    But do you really want an answer to that?

42. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

I will try to keep it short... No, but with comments like that, maybe I am. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't see any thrill in Firestone, that is all, really. I don't like the whole aoura around that scene, but being 32 probably has something to do with it, too. Granted, it has been a few years since I was down there, however. I have other stuff to do on weekends as I have other interests besides my car (believe it or not). As some know, I am not a huge social person, either. ...at the events I do go to (AutoX, AARRF, meets), I don't say too much anyway. I can talk for hours about the stuff I am interested in, but I am not good with small talk. I could go on for quite a while...

So much for keeping it short... maybe I should change my answer to a simple "Yes" ;-) hehehe

43. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

...or maybe I should ask, don't you have anyhting else in your life besides Firestone? ;-) ...just trying to stir the fire. }:)

44. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Back on topic: This saturday is going to be nice. :)

IT'S DGOING TO BE NICE????????!!!!!!! :???: I don't think so, what weather channal or website are u looking at fong..??:D

45. AWDimprezaL

well the other passion in my life besides cars is jetskis, cant jetski and night, so i go to firestone and chill...but i can see where your coming from, and im sure i'll grow out of it eventually, and i was just giving you ****, no need to get all serious;)