Clutch change party, June 28, 2010

Discussion in 'Mini Meets' started by turbo_turtle, Jun 26, 2010.

1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

RexNEffect needs a new clutch, so why not make party? This will officially open the clutch changing season for me. :biggrin: My garage renovation isn't completed yet, but it is in decent enough shape to be working on cars (finally).

While this is not intended to be an instructional class, people are welcome to learn, help and ask questions on the topic. Party comes first.

When: Monday, June 28, all day
    Where: Bloomington, PM me for directions/address
    Who: People who I have met before are welcome. If I don't know you, just shoot me a PM :)
    What: Clutch and flywheel change party! Arrive anytime, stay and relax
    Bring: Money for pizza, beer and swimming suit+towel

I plan to start early in the morning. Sometimes clutch changes run late into the night, but this is a 2006 WRX, so it may go very fast. I don't have a lift or an engine hoist, so it has to be done the hard way. Nonetheless, I'm happy to have people over after hours if we get done early.

Only hitch is that we need to have the flywheel resurfaced. We plan to have it done by Headwerks in Bloomington around lunch time. If you plan on coming around lunch time, please text or call me before arriving, we'll be gone for at least an hour!

~Dan

2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

EDIT: crap looked at the date thought it said july not june when i posted. Will not have my car back yet. sorry.

3. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Err, it's a 2007, but no biggie. Same diff (pun intended).

Dan, do you have a clutch alignment tool? I got the clutch kit, and just need to pick up a throw-out bearing from Luther Bloomington that morning. It's on will-call for me.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Well-Known Member

what time that morning is this starting, i should be able to be there for a bit before i go of to work. pming you turbo turtle

5. mrantegra

mrantegra Well-Known Member

what was the price on resurfacing at Headwerk? I will probably stop by (4pmish), you might hear from me in the future about clutch/flywheel.

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle Well-Known Member

Whoops about the 2007... And yes, I have several clutch alignment tools from clutch kits over the years.
    Official starting time is 9am, although we may actually start at 8am. I will PM you back.
    I forgot to ask, sorry. I'm guessing around $65, but we'll find out for sure on Monday afternoon. Feel free to swing by anytime.

~Dan