Computer Stuff - AC66 Router (Free) and Logitech Z5500 Speakers (FS)

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by loxx0050, Jul 30, 2022.

1. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

Decluttering the house and have some items up that I don't use anymore.

Free to a good home is a ASUS AC-1750 Router (RT-AC66R). Have a newer router and kept this as a backup just in case. - $0 (Free to somebody in need)

Have a working perfectly set of Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound PC speakers. This is the THX certified ones with 600rms watt sustained power and 1000w peak. Comes with OEM wires, controller unit and remote with working batteries and direct 3.5mm jack connectors if you want them). Still sounds great but I have 2 sets but really only use one of them since I stopped using desktop computers and now use laptops instead. (Note, 1 set I do use is hooked up to my 4k TV for games/movies and it works great). - $175 firm

These speakers (not mine, stock pic):

[​IMG]

Open to trades towards the speakers for a air hose retractable reel or a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 16" Chainsaw too.

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Throw this stuff up on Craigslist as "free". We just moved and a lot of electronic stuff ended up going to recycling at Best Buy. Places that take donations don't take electronics. Friends didn't want it. I hate dealing with the Craigslist flakes as it is such a time suck. Sometimes you just gotta move on and do what is best for you and be selfish about it. No one values your crap as much as you do (I'm not calling your stuff crap, it is a general statement). I know you paid good money for this stuff, but when you amortize it over the time you used it, you soon realize you got your moneys worth out of it, or you made a mistake on a poor purchase decision and you need to take your lumps. The time needed to find the right person that wants what you have is so huge it's not worth it. It's painful at first, but you get used to it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

3. loxx0050

Edit: the Z5500 has 500 watts RMS power.

Also have a set of Logitech Z560 Speakers (4.1) that the subs and speakers work. But the controller unit is faulty (common failure on these sets) which could be fixed by those savvy at soldering or making their own unit to replace. Selling for parts only - $50 obo

These ones (also not my pic):

[​IMG]

4. loxx0050

I hear you on the craigslist. Posting up here and another local forum first to see if anybody is interested before I go that route. Haven't asked to many people I know if they want it yet (but did offer it to my brother for free for the nicer speakers and he didn't need it either). I got a little time to decide what to do but gotta free up the space before Halloween is my hard target for home decluttering.

5. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

What's the issue with the controller? Volume knob?

6. loxx0050

For the Z560 speakers either the controller unit cables are bad or the circuit board has some solder going bad. When plugged in you have to jiggle the connectors or cable just right for the sound to cone in clearly (it sounds like a weak signal phenomenon). If you turn the volume knob it makes a horrible full blast sound (like when a mic cuts).

Note the Z5500 works perfectly.

Chin likes this.
  7. loxx0050

Found a new home for the Z5500 speakers.

Z560 set is now free. Just want thus stuff gone at this stage.