Continental CrossClimate+ or Crossclimate 2 tires on WRX

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Hermanocleas, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Hermanocleas

Hermanocleas Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience running these CrossClimate all-seasons on their WRX? I'm considering selling my 18" stock wheels and tires before fall (before I get to 1000 miles or any curb rash on the wheels) and getting 17" wheels (Sparco Terras) with all-seasons (pause for gasps)... I want a less jarring ride - especially in the winter and I know tires are only part of that equation but it's where I want to start as I work slowly towards a more daily-driving optimized WRX (and less street/show WRX). Anyway, I've seen positive reviews on the CrossClimate tires but unsure if that's just been marketing through influencers or if they are genuinely exceptional tires.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

A couple people on the Infiniti Q50 forum that I frequent have them and have given positive reports on them. Of course that car came with Dunlop run-flats that are almost universally derided in regards to ride quality and dry-weather grip.

3. Hermanocleas

That's funny, I never knew that about run-flats and I just recently overheard that they seem to suck.

4. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Can confirm rideflats suck eggs. They came on a lot of mini coopers and made the rims ungodly heavy.

I don't know those tires specifically but i did that on my veloster (18" stock, went to 16" sparco assetto garas). It rides a whole lot nicer in the winter. Also see practically any winter wrc car

pillboy likes this.
  5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

This ^. Good lord they weigh a lot. It feels like I am changing out truck tires when I put the snows on. I did buy winter run-flats as the last thing I want to deal with is a flat tire in the winter with no spare.

6. Hermanocleas

Yeah, I'm thinking going from 18s to 17s isn't going to feel much different. That's what I'd really like to hear someone give their actual experience with. gonna have to search for that.

7. pinjasaur

pinjasaur Active Member

I have the CC2s on 16s on my FXT. Can't comment on winter performance, but they've been great so far.